• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

Spot on, and this is why I'm against Arteta as Arsenal manager, he could probably take over from Pep this summer and still win the PL next season with City but as you said, we are at a tipping point. I feel we need an experienced manager who has already built teams and had a certain level of success.

It reminds me a little bit of Andre Villas Boas when he went to Chelsea. He was a young coach with a set idea of how he wanted to play. He decided the way he wanted his team to play which involved a high line and John Terry on the half way line. They were horribly exposed and it's because he was a young coach and wanted to stamp his style on the team.

I've got a feeling a more experienced guy is able to assess the situation a little better. I think Arteta will come in with this sort of dream mentality of how he wants the team to play, his own vision, and doesn't have the experience to adjust his vision for the type of players we have. He's going to want to show people he's Pep version 2 and prove himself and it might not be the right thing for the team.

I wouldn't be adverse to Arteta as an assistant or a coach, but I seriously couldn't see him becoming manager unless there is nobody else available.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It reminds me a little bit of Andre Villas Boas when he went to Chelsea. He was a young coach with a set idea of how he wanted to play. He decided the way he wanted his team to play which involved a high line and John Terry on the half way line. They were horribly exposed and it's because he was a young coach and wanted to stamp his style on the team.

I've got a feeling a more experienced guy is able to assess the situation a little better. I think Arteta will come in with this sort of dream mentality of how he wants the team to play, his own vision, and doesn't have the experience to adjust his vision for the type of players we have. He's going to want to show people he's Pep version 2 and prove himself and it might not be the right thing for the team.

I wouldn't be adverse to Arteta as an assistant or a coach, but I seriously couldn't see him becoming manager unless there is nobody else available.
Thank you for wording how I feel about Arteta so brilliantly. Would be such a dream if it happened and worked but the odds do not bode well.

say yes

forum master baiter
£50-70m with sales is more than enough tbh. We’ve got enough quality going forwards, which is where players are most expensive.

What we need is a new GK and 2-3 decent defenders. This fund should cover that.

Worst case scenario we could even spend outside our means for one summer and make a loss. Crazy thought I know.

Preacher

Always Crying
It will be very important to sell all the dross for top dollar. Raul can shine here and show us what he's about. Until now we were a charity organization loaning players left and right or selling them for cheap.

The papers and common sense also say that Wenger was asked / told to leave the club but you’ve been arguing the opposite.

2+2=5 in that case?

Come on hydro, need you to stay consistent here buddy.

Just by looking at our recent history through the transfer windows, a 50 M transfer budget is the most likely scenario. You have a lot to go by when you speculate about the transfer matter.

The other case, nobody has anything to go by but the most believable scenario is that Wenger decided to step down!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just by looking at our recent history through the transfer windows, a 50 M transfer budget is the most likely scenario. You have a lot to go by when you speculate about the transfer matter.

The other case, nobody has anything to go by but the most believable scenario is that Wenger decided to step down!
I don't think it is the most believable scenario. I think mounting fan pressure has forced them to act and they have managed to do it in the most respectful way to avoid these rumours flaring up.

I don't think it is the most believable scenario. I think mounting fan pressure has forced them to act and they have managed to do it in the most respectful way to avoid these rumours flaring up.

I think Wenger thought about leaving last summer but was offered a new contract by Kroenke. In the end it is pretty obvious for me at least by what Wenger says is that he didn't feel he could unite the fans anymore and that is one of the reason he decided to step down.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
So even if our budget/year is approx £50M
since we've been in profit last year

we should at least have last year's budget to spend + this year?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
So even if our budget/year is approx £50M
since we've been in profit last year

we should at least have last year's budget to spend + this year?

Nope, doesn't carry over in it's entirety, it seems.

As others pointed the 70 million Swiss Ramble posted as a quick estimate probably include wages for the new players. Added fact is that we've got to account for Özil's new contract, as well as the wages of Mhki and Aubameyang, as well as the latter's transfer fee.

It's business as usual, one big fee (e.g. Laca), plus whatever it is we can bring after sales and the odd opportunity signing.

Keep in mind that we also have Ramsey's and possibly Jack's renewal coming up.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£50m, get rid of all the deadwood and that’s another £50m.

£100m for greasy Mislintat to get 8 players.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Sell Chambers, Perez and Ospina for £20-30m and our budget then becomes decent. We don’t need a lot of expensive signings in lots of positions, only GK and CB. You can get good midfield options on the cheap as well. £20m on a keeper, £30-£40m on a CB, £20m-£30m on a midfielder and then try and find a cheap RB to backup Bellerin. This doesn’t factor in if some signings are free (like Meyer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom