• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
If I'm not mistaken, he basically walked away from Schalke several years ago because he was suffering from exhaustion and didn't have the energy to cope with the job. He did step in briefly at Leipzig until he found somebody. At 59, he's older than Ancelotti, so you would think his energy level would be no higher. Does seem a strange one considering.

the name did come as a surprise to me here for sure! Just does not make so much sense. He's been linked with many coaching roles the past few years (including England at one time I seem to recall). But he's stuck doing what he's doing for the Red Bull clubs first Salzburg then Leipzig. And he's damn good at it too!

Only way I see him going back to coaching is if he has some sort of crazy urge to give it one more shot! But after what happeend at Schalke with the stress and burnout he suffered, I kinda hope he doesnt!

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Nice to see that everyone on here at least agrees on one requirement for the new guy: an impeccable hairline.

The manager of the new PL champions and current CL holders are bald. Given the current state of his hairline, Arteta will never take us to the top of football.

We're in a transition period as a club so we need a ex player manager barely hanging on uptop.

Wonder if Gervinho is working on his coaching badges in China.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We don't want Benitez, Ancelloti, LVG types that have been to dozens of clubs, like second hand cars that have got arse dents in the seats.

We're Arsenal, the class club of the Prem. The one who brought in 'Arsène who?' and founded a dynasty.

Let's get some young hungry buck with something to prove like Arteta, Vieira.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

We don't want Benitez, Ancelloti, LVG types that have been to dozens of clubs, like second hand cars that have got arse dents in the seats.

We're Arsenal, the class club of the Prem. The one who brought in 'Arséne who?' and founded a dynasty.

The romantic in me agrees with this. As club known for it's innovation through the years it wouldn't surprise me if this was the way the board were thinking. The realist in me says Jardim or Allegri would be the better appointment. However I'm secretly hoping Arteta gets the job.

carlito'sway

Established Member
1. Nagelmann - Has massively overachived for both teams he has managed so far. I like the way his team lines up (would suit Laca and PEA in a front 2).

2. Howe - Deserved to be rightly awarded Championship manager of the decade as what he has achieved with Bournemouth is unbelievable. It would be instresting to see how he fairs with a bigger club playing his attacking style of football.

3. Arteta - comes across as a likeable and intelligent guy. However giving the manager job to untested manager is too big of a gamble for me.

4. Tedesco - Too defensive in stlye for us despite doing a great job and overacheiving this season.

5 . Vieira - bigger ego than Jose and thicker than Merson.

Ouch....That is brutal!

carlito'sway

Established Member

Man.....I am surprised that Gallardo hasn't moved yet to Europe. He has been a revelation at River and he is a top football mind. His teams plays creative and inspired football.
I could see him at Monaco too, he played there and was well liked. He speaks french as well.

PS. I am a bit concerned by Jardim as well lately, his Monaco team is in a free fall and may lose their second place to OM or OL.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man.....I am surprised that Gallardo hasn't moved yet to Europe. He has been a revelation at River and he is a top football mind. His teams plays creative and inspired football.
I could see him at Monaco too, he played there and was well liked. He speaks french as well.

PS. I am a bit concerned by Jardim as well lately, his Monaco team is in a free fall and may lose their second place to OM or OL.
He won't stay there for long if his chairman force him to sell his star players and replace them with less quality

carlito'sway

Established Member
He won't stay there for long if his chairman force him to sell his star players and replace them with less quality

True but at the same time, Monaco has been piling up a ton of young talent and Gallardo may be a great leader for them. I can see him being very successful there. If he was fluent in English, he could have been a great candidate for Arsenal. Mark my words, he is going places. His palmares in 4 years at River is exceptional.

River Plate

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

image.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We're Arsenal, the class club of the Prem. The one who brought in 'Arséne who?' and founded a dynasty.

Like Brendan?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Not sure players are that attracted to Mou nowadays. This ship has sailed. They will go to MU because of the $$$.

LVG and Moyes had the same ressources Mou had.
But they couldn't attract any very good players mate.
We were simply laughing at them when they've got rejected by Cesc, Ramos (that one was hilarious) and others!

Klopp has convinced VVD to join them even though Man City with unlimited funds wanted him too.
Keita for instance was another player that was followed by other big clubs, including Bayern. But he chose Liverpool.

Would Özil have joined us in 2013 if it wasn't for Arsène? Tbf I don't think so.

So I think it is still important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom