• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I’ve decided that this is all part of the story. Would’ve been **** if we were through after first leg. Winning in a tight game with players running to Wenger is what’s needed

Gursha

You can blame the individual defenders but we really needed a midfielder, captain, coach or manager telling them to drop deeper in the last 10 minutes.

It was far too attacking & no real need. 1-0 was a great scoreline.
Ho come on mate, they brough 2 defenders for 2 attackers, they prayed for it to end 1-0.
Monreal was tired and didnt do an offside trap, Kos was caught dreaming, i bet those subs played in his mind , " 2 defenders for 2 attackers? well, my job is done, go guys get us the second goal" thats what monreal and Kos look like when you watch the replay.

Drop deeper is a wrong order. youre being smart in hindsight.

The thing that baffles me, why didnt we bring iwobi? we didnt make a single sub this game. SUBS CHANGES GAMES!

Ashybashy86

Red card after 10 minutes...

Atletico revert to type with their very impressive defense.

Arsenal for some reason cross the ball 40 times. Sure one ended in the net but we completely played into their hands. Didn't move them around, tire them out or take advantage.
Besides our obvious defensive problem, this is another that infuriates me.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Nothing monumental in my view.

We score once there and that **** up is erased.

Its really about us not switching off like that again

That's the problem though, our defence switch off on a regular basis. Our whole season has been about our poor defence, they cant focus for 90 mins. Kos should be a back up option next season and Mustafi should be out.

Giroud12

Wow, that was brutal. Just one of those days really - you can´t really expect the team to do much more. Reminds me of the united game, except they had 2 or 3 chances, atletico had 1.

Despite playing against 10 men, outplaying a team to that extent shouldnt really be possible at this level. Plus it makes less of a difference being one man more when all they do is park the bus anyway.

Thought we were fantastic today, especially Lacazette. The other 9 times out of 10 this ends in a comfortable 3/4/5/6-0 to us and the tie is over. Atletico is ridicolusly overrated, the only really good player they have is Oblak. This is far from over, if we play anything like this in the second tie, we´ll win this.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I would have taken a 1-1 away with 10 men.

The feeling of winning lasts more than the excitement of attacking without any success anyways. (Hopefully though we will beat them away, but currently I don't see what Simeone has done wrong)

Playing like a cheaper version of Mourinho.

No thanks.

I'd rather watch proper football, if I want to watch Rugby then I would stick that on.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Agree. That is the typical Simeone team..... He is totally negative.

Well, thanks to our moronic pair of CBs, he'll get to to what he does best in the next game as well. Would've been a whole different story with 1-0.

But what can you say. No team with Kos and Mustafi as first choice CBs really deserve trophies anyways. You can win despite of them, never because of them. Wenger's trust for chronic bottlers is the reason he'll be denied the send off he deserves. Sad but in the end logical.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Untitled.jpg

No idea what Monreal is doing here
Monreal and Mustafi both class A spastics here. None of them are alive to the run, both of them are miles away from Kos and both aren't alive to drop. As useful as being in row X and ****ing Y

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I thought targeting their flanks and spamming crosses was the right move to be honest, Bellerin in particular had loads of joy down his flank tonight. Ramsey and Laca have a bit more luck with their finishing and we're 3-1 up.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Shameful. Absolutely shameful. I don’t even know why I am annoyed. I should have seen it coming. We always find a way to screw it up.

We had so many chances to score. It’s as if we don’t want it. We’re passing it around, and around, and around. We’re not ruthless. We don’t have the right mindset.

And, of course, we end up regretting it. How does Griezman end up one on one like this with 8 minutes to go? Unbelievable.

Let’s see what happens in Madrid but I am not optimistic.

c00lguy

It's not just the conceded goal. Attack is our strong point yet we managed only one goal at home against 10 men. We're not good enough. Not even in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom