• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Naturally I thought of Armand Assante too but would much prefer him to be involved in any potential remake of "On The Beach" as opposed to occupying the dug out.
A remake with half decent cgi, and Armand looking Wengeresque would be a must see.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Is there video of Allegri storming out of the presser?

If there was no truth behind it wouldn't he just say no and be done with it?

Stannis

Clearly something is up, the questions are :

1. Is he double minded
2. Or has he made his mind up and will leave
3. Or is this a ploy for bigger pay Cheque

Given his own past admitted aspirations about managing in the PL and the fact he has been learning English, I think it’s clear he is interested.

Just a matter of us or Chelsea, or maybe he thinks wait a year and maybe Mourinho will get sacked.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Truth behind what...?

He got fed up with the negative questioning after his team's achievements and walked out when the interviewer said he looked tired.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing I wont forgive Wenger for, and it's for throwing fans under the bus when things got hard. He changed over the years in that way for the worse imo. He'd once have been the first man to tell you that if you had to blame the fans for anything, you're in the wrong job; that came from confidence. Then when he got tired of questioning himself when things went wrong, he started looking elsewhere for answers. That was a let-down, for me.
Pack it in. Had enough of your whining for one day.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is my biggest concern with Arteta, even forgetting the lack of experience. If he's hired, as many as 10 of his players will have been his teammates just two years ago. Teammates have a certain type of relationship. Many become friends, but even those who don't become friends are comrades. A manager must have a completely different relationship with his players than teammates have. You must be an authority figure. You can get away with having a friendly relationship with players as an assistant coach, as a conduit between the players and the manager. But the manager must have a certain type of respect. How can Arteta change the relationship he has with the current Arsenal players? I think it would be nearly impossible.
Spot on, thats the issue with Arteta in my eyes

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5733465/arsenal-not-want-mikel-arteta-Arséne-wenger/

The players are so concerned about Arteta getting the job that they’re leaking that they don’t want him to the press.

Lovely stuff.

If there's any truth to that and they still end up hiring him, without even speaking with some players, it'll end up in disaster. German clubs have player councils consisting of captain, vice-captain and 2 or 3 other influential players who are basically representatives and might be involved or asked for input concerning some decisions. And if most of the squad say we don't want him, he shouldn't be hired.

Are we attractive enough for a top manager. I mean they will have behind their ears what happened to Moyes at United. Allegri would be jumping away from title winning team to a team in a complete darkness.

Ancelotti might jump on it but he has also dropped to a level of bad manager that doesn't suit top teams anymore but more like maybe teams like Arsenal who are 3rd tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom