• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
DdOY01BX0AAdssu.jpg

DdOY004WkAApyiO.jpg

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Exactly. I was ridiculed by @American_Gooner for suggesting that hunger was a good quality in a manager over experience. Such is the disrespect I'm getting these days.

Those 60 year olds have got nothing to prove. When was the last time Paul McCartney wrote a decent song.

Complete bollocks. Hunger can be connected to age in some, but mostly it's a character trait.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This viera/arteta thing just stinks of the club installing the cheapest options they can find. Any manager with ambition and some back bone to ask for money has been quickly ruled out.

I like arteta, I love viera, but these guys are unproven, if we wanted to continue to gamble we might had well kept wenger going. It’s not time to gamble. It’s time to put or money where are mouth is and close the gap on the top 4 as we are slipping into the new everton
It can’t be down to a salary, though, can it? We’re talking peanuts here. I think experience in management is overrated a lot of the time, but I doubt the board would trust a noob for the sake of paying him, say, £6m year as opposed to £9-10m for an Allegri or whoever.

Saying that, if as Say Yes speculated, the club want to go down the newfangled route of DoFs and all these others roles that reduce the input of the manager, then they’ll see appointing Arteta as like killing two birds with one stone. And it might save a few quid as well. ‘Streamlining’, son!

9jagooner

Fans need to be proactive in this manager hire thing. Don't wait till a manager has been hired and he meeses up before you start venting your anger. Show the club now that we will not settle for a mediocre hire!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Trying to look for some players that Allegri has helped developed and all that comes up is Nainggolan. Is that it? :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Are these rumours about Alonso just because he’s childhood friends with Arteta?

My thinking behind it is they're still close and Alonso has just started doing his coaching badges. He'll probably want two or three assistants so it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen. Every chance it doesn't though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think I've somehow talked myself into wanting Vieira. How the f*ck did that happen? He has the fabled club connection (though y'know, whatever), he'd very much unite the fans, he's an excellent speaker, motivator, man manager and leader.

If we're going young I'd rather have Nagelsmann, because he has proven himself to be good at the tactics etc, but also a consummate leader. But people are saying he's unavailable this summer. I'm a bit worried that Vieira isn't experienced enough tactically to sort out the defence and make us a solid outfit. But 100% he'd command the respect of the players and get them all interested again, he'd build momentum and belief in a common project.

I think Vieira absolutely has the confidence to walk into the training ground on the first day and make everyone believe that he's the right man to be there. Can Arteta do that?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we appoint Arteta we need to back him on and off the pitch 100%. Same goes for any manager we appoint.

He will be counting his blessings if appointed. Very similar to Gerrard at Rangers. Untried and untested yet handed the keys to a vast Kingdom with no experience. He would be daft to turn down such an opportunity because it's not every day jobs at top clubs become available never mind given to a rookie. At the same time as counting his blessings he also needs to be prepared for the fact that if it goes wrong his managerial career could be over before its started.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why couldn't we just get Vieira in with a very competent assistant coach, like Buvac? You'd have the extensive tactical knowledge and experience, but also the leadership and motivational qualities of Vieira. If you can't get an Allegri or Nagelsmann, isn't that sort of the best of both worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom