• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
I think any new manager watching our tapes would question why Wenger continued to use Mustafi.
same reason he continued to use Koscielny. He doesnt give up on a player if believes in him. Mustafi is a good player, if his belief comes back and his concentration stays. He almost blocked that Greizman shot. The margins are fine.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Given his age, and he turns into a success, he could stay here for years.
If he is a success he'll be gone in less than 3 years. Barca are always hiring new managers and you can bet they'll take one of their own and Arteta has shown no indication that he values stability/loyalty or whatever you want to call it over career progression. No chance he'll forgo the footballing summit that is managing Barca.

Reactions: A_G

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Quite simply we're trying to be super hyper brilliantly innovatively clever as per usual.

Such a shame, could have made a massive statement with Allegri or Enrique. But that's too mundanely expensive for our hierarchy.

How is Enrique a massive statement? He's a nobody really.

Allegri is a bore and only a short term solution. Not to mention he didn't want to come here, but let's slate the club anyway.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The lack of links to either him or Jardim is indeed alarming. It's doing my head in.

Not a single substantial link to Jardim...how is that possible?! He won the league against PSG, scored 107 league goals and beat Pep's City in the Champions League for Christ sake. Like, there are options out there that fall between Allegri and Arteta. Would be very strange indeed if those really are the final two candidates under consideration.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Have to say, although i wasn't initially on board with this reading around rival forums has given me a bit of a seige mentality. It's going to be great when Arteta schools Mourinho after listening to their fans laugh themselves silly over the appointment.
Only Conte & Potch didnt offer a coach to us on a silver platter! :lol:

What concerns me is that managers who would have jumped at the job 5 years ago are very quick to distance themselves....we aint the draw we used to be....very sad

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wait is this not joke with Sokratis being our next signing?

There are other players than Dortmund players Misilant you fecking loser.
I honestly think it's a bit coincidental, we're just taking advantage of Dortmund's situation with these particular players. Can't think of any other big-ish club where big players are looking to leave.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Think they just interviewed a few more guys, so they could spin their story about it being a thorough process, even though they had their minds made up very quickly already.
9ltPiyY.gif

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How is Enrique a massive statement? He's a nobody really.

Allegri is a bore and only a short term solution. Not to mention he didn't want to come here, but let's slate the club anyway.

Allegri would've been a good shout to get us back into top 4 next season and maybe challenge for something the year after.

Our front four should be entering its peak by December.as far as working together goes.

Defense will take another summer window to get right.

The worry is that we won't be able to attract top players to compliment svens mates from Dortmund.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I think I can guess why Jardim might not have been considering despite being clearly the best choice on the market. He has some dodgy deal with Mendez who the club doesn't work with.

Maybe carlitosway can answer better, but I remember couple of years back there was talk about how he had turned Monaco into Mendez's farming club. Though how much of it was down to him vs their director is anyone's guess.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Allegri would've been a good shout to get us back into top 4 next season and maybe challenge for something the year after.

Our front four should be entering its peak by December.as far as working together goes.

Defense will take another summer window to get right.

The worry is that we won't be able to attract top players to compliment svens mates from Dortmund.

Allegri is not going to want to take up the challenge of top 4...he wants somewhere where he can go for the CL. Thats the one he want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom