• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'll be deeply disappointed if this is what Gazidis and co have come up with.

This is not being bold, its being idiotic. You dont give such a high pressure position to a managerial novice. I dont care how brilliant you are.

There is no way I think that this would be an improvement after Wenger's depature. We are actually worse off.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Clear favourites for the domestic titles with by far the best squad.

Jardim and that other bore Simeone have shown qualities we could need to overcome the insane spending of our rivals.

The point was "too much of a short term option". I think he'd be the best option if the club actually wanted to give him a larger budget (for Arsenal standards) to get the team ready and competitive during the first few seasons of a post Wenger era.

If Mikel is appointed, it's fine. But unless he hits the ground running, any sort of "big boi" investment maybe too little or too late.

I really don't want a rerun of the worst parts of Project Youth, were the players ****ed off because we didn't have the budget to compliment our Fabregas and Judas with players on the same talent wavelength.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
That statement is factually wrong, because Enrique won the treble with Barca and in his first year and they beat the best teams in Europe to clinch the CL trophy. He improved their away record in the competition as well.
I don't think he can replicate the same success anywhere else because Messis, Iniestas and Xavis don't grow on trees, but he's hardly a nobody after winning 2 La Liga titles, a CL and the Copa del Rey in all 3 years he was there, along with some other smaller trophies.
The nobody that won the treble with Barcelona? Allegri a 50 year old, one club change in 8 years short term solution? And what exact information are you privy to that he was never interested in coming here?

I'll slate the club because after 14 years of dross I think we need an instant proven success to come in and give everyone a lift, letting the world know that Arsenal is back and following it up with aptitude on the pitch.

Sadly we don't live in a world where Arteta fits that bill.

Treble winner. :lol: anyone who watched a bit of Barca during that time will tell you MSN were the reason for that achievement.

Allegri is indeed a short term solution because he would come here, and spend a ****load of money just to win a couple of trophies during his time with zero awareness for the future. Clearly not what the club wants. Not to mention he would bore us to death with his rubbish football.

Preacher

Always Crying
Arteta can be the best muppet from all of listed names, but I hope, that it won't be the case, otherwise we're f***ed.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Treble winner. :lol: anyone who watched a bit of Barca during that time will tell you MSN were the reason for that achievement.

Allegri is indeed a short term solution because he would come here, and spend a ****load of money just to win a couple of trophies during his time with zero awareness for the future. Clearly not what the club wants. Not to mention he would bore us to death with his rubbish football.
So why didn't MSN win the treble 3 times in a row?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
From what I've seen in highlights when keeping up with certain big name players who plied their trade in Europe, it looks the same as the Eredivisie, or even worse.
Plenty of tricks and lovely goals, but defenses are terrible and goalkeepers have dodgy placement and reactions.
Now that you mentioned there is a 2nd division, I found this article that wasn't written too long ago and it's downright * they realized the problem just now, when it should have been one from the very start.

There's dodgy defense everywhere. I mean, have you seen Arsenal play? And you have to keep in mind that MLS is a very young league. The players aren't as experienced. They shouldn't be compared to the Premier League. That said, these older Premier League players come over and find it very difficult to keep up with the pace of MLS. The fitness level is beyond what they're accustomed to over there. There are so many fast young players in the league. The technical qualities are, of course, not going to be comparable to the top leagues in Europe, but this is a league that didn't exist at the time of the 1994 World Cup. The progress of MLS (and of the game itself) in America has been rather amazing. But the games are mostly highly-entertaining and the quality is much higher than people realize. That, of course, may not be apparent on youtube videos. But the games are fun to watch on TV.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Allegri is indeed a short term solution because he would come here, and spend a ****load of money just to win a couple of trophies during his time with zero awareness for the future. Clearly not what the club wants.

Bro I'm crying here, the 15-16 and 16-17 seasons were massive under-achievements for MSN under Enrique, they should have won far more. Any half-decent manager would have got at least another CL title out of them, we may never see a front three like that ever again. I mean Zizou has gotten 2 (soon to be 3) CL titles out of Ronaldo and the few good players ffs.

As for Allegri, let's be honest he's happy with his comfortable trophy-padding in Turin, leave him be. He doesn't have the balls to leave the comfort and take on a real challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom