• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Lost A Bet And Now He’s A Top G

Player:Saka
Arteta won’t have a say in players. Can’t decide if that’s good or bad.

That's actually pretty common in modern clubs. It allows for the club to have a longterm plan while going through managers. If Arteta would prove himself and say "We need so and so to step up," and if that player was in our reach, then the club would be more willing to take a risk.

Arteta is a Head Coach effectively. Not a manager. Remember a lot of people wanted him for his coaching abilities before he even had any experience. I'm optimistic with what he can offer. Arsenal players loved him, and we only started doing terrible when he left the club. He must have had some role behind the scenes.

I think we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we didn't give him a chance. Everyone starts somewhere. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. We can't do much worse.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just received my evening update from HP.

Strong feeling that Arteta will bring in 3/4 older men to assist him. One with an Arsenal connection. Early front runners are Lauren and Manuel Almunia.

Told the club expect to spend over £10m this summer.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
That's actually pretty common in modern clubs. It allows for the club to have a longterm plan while going through managers. If Arteta would prove himself and say "We need so and so to step up," and if that player was in our reach, then the club would be more willing to take a risk.

Arteta is a Head Coach effectively. Not a manager. Remember a lot of people wanted him for his coaching abilities before he even had any experience. I'm optimistic with what he can offer. Arsenal players loved him, and we only started doing terrible when he left the club. He must have had some role behind the scenes.

I think we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we didn't give him a chance. Everyone starts somewhere. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. We can't do much worse.

Your custom title needs changing, bruv.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Strong feeling that Arteta will bring in 3/4 older men to assist him. One with an Arsenal connection. Early front runners are Lauren and Manuel Almunia.

As long as he brings the dog :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It’s not your entire point but one aspect of it stands out for me.

So you are comparing Arséne Wenger to a managerial novice?

Look, I’m all for promoting youth into important positions, but this is pushing it in my view. Unless the stars align for us, we are going to be in for a rough ride this coming year, and possibly next as Arteta learns his trade.

I would love to be completely wrong here, but some positions you either have a wealth of experience, or money to buy everything for yourself. This is one of them.

No I'm not and I dont understand how you managed to come to that conclusion. I can only assume you are encapsulating Wengers entire career into his final disastrous season.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Getting suspicious why Brenda, the tea lady, keeps taking extended breaks from the Emirates to, I quote, 'slap a little sauce on my hot dog at the caravan park.'

New regime's going to have to keep an eye on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom