• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sienna

The media doesn't know anything at all. They have been saying that Arteta's appointment was imminent and now it's looking like the board still haven't made a decision yet. I think they still haven't finished speaking to the other candidates.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How about for just a little while people try to actually live by the philosophy that Wenger has preached. Yes it's a competition and you want to win, you don't want to lose. But winning and losing is part of it. The point of it all is the simple enjoyment of watching your team try to play good football on the weekend.

We're reaching a stage in modern football where for many big clubs and their fan bases (and the 24/7 commentariat) it is now a zero sum game. You're either happy winning trophies and constantly progressing to some sort of fictional end point in the sky...or you're a failure and what's the point. How about just breaking free from that mindset.

We've got some good players, we'll have some new players and a new coach too. Whoever the players and the coach are, it'll be different and exciting. How about just saying: next season is not the be all and end all, let's just enjoy it for what it is. I'm sick to death of the misery around this club and supporters constantly expecting the club to be something it manifestly isn't and then getting angry as a result. How about we just enjoy being Arsenal for a while.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

How about for just a little while people try to actually live by the philosophy that Wenger has preached. Yes it's a competition and you want to win, you don't want to lose. But winning and losing is part of it. The point of it all is the simple enjoyment of watching your team try to play good football on the weekend.

We're reaching a stage in modern football where for many big clubs and their fan bases (and the 24/7 commentariat) it is now a zero sum game. You're either happy winning trophies and constantly progressing to some sort of fictional end point in the sky...or you're a failure and what's the point. How about just breaking free from that mindset.

We've got some good players, we'll have some new players and a new coach too. Whoever the players and the coach are, it'll be different and exciting. How about just saying: next season is not the be all and end all, let's just enjoy it for what it is. I'm sick to death of the misery around this club and supporters constantly expecting the club to be something it manifestly isn't and then getting angry as a result. How about we just enjoy being Arsenal for a while.
We havent won the league in 14 years, how many times have we come close? Die hard Arsenal fans have had enough and this season has shown it. Time for Ivan and Stan to get their act together or GTFO. 14 years is too long in my book and i dont us to end up like the scousers!!

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Sky are basically a version of a twitter itk now. They report anything, especially on days when BT are covering something big I.E the Europa League final. They are desperate for attention.

macka66

If sky sports news are indeed correct with the new manager having 50 million to spend in the summer then no wonder that no top manager wants to take the job pathetic amount for a club this big. I hope if it is Arteta he kicks off big time about having such a small budget.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We havent won the league in 14 years, how many times have we come close? Die hard Arsenal fans have had enough and this season has shown it. Time for Ivan and Stan to get their act together or GTFO. 14 years is too long in my book and i dont us to end up like the scousers!!

I'm not saying never show any ambition, i'm saying maybe for just a season or two can we all just calm the f*ck down and try to enjoy ourselves a bit?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
How about we just enjoy being Arsenal for a while.
We can't on account of going through 13 miserable years, man. It has deep roots in the psyche of the fans and players.
To give you a more than fitting analogy of this period, we've been the first two in the three little pigs story.

As fans we've always yelled and cried for the team to be the third little pig with the house made of bricks, because the wolf huffed and puffed at our house of straws and sticks so many times that we still didn't learn our lesson.
Now that Wenger left and Arteta seems to be the frontrunner to take his place, how exactly does one get excited for that sort of outcome?

We always have to be incredibly naive before we learn anything and by then it's too late.
The club makes it so that we can't enjoy watching the team play because there are always gaping holes that need to be fixed and they take forever to do so.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Anyone posted this?

Not a fan but lots of Spaniards involved. Speaks about Arteta & beliefs.

Seems to think Benitez is Ivans choice but others not sold.

Enrique sill an option but demanding funds as thinks we are ****e.

The Arteta insights were quite interesting. I can neither confirm nor deny his statements on Benitez.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Mesut Özil do your thing!

Veto Arteta.

111.gif

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We can't on account of going through 13 miserable years, man. It has deep roots in the psyche of the fans and players.
To give you a more than fitting analogy of this period, we've been the first two in the three little pigs story.

As fans we've always yelled and cried for the team to be the third little pig with the house made of bricks, because the wolf huffed and puffed at our house of straws and sticks so many times that we still didn't learn our lesson.
Now that Wenger left and Arteta seems to be the frontrunner to take his place, how exactly does one get excited for that sort of outcome?

We always have to be incredibly naive before we learn anything and by then it's too late.
The club makes it so that we can't enjoy watching the team play because there are always gaping holes that need to be fixed and they take forever to do so.

I'm saying that individually and collectively Arsenal fans should take it upon themselves - not wait for someone else to just do what we want - to change the narrative. I'm perfectly aware of the deep-rooted psychological misery of the last 13 years, I've lived through it. I haven't been happy as Larry all this time. But if you're only ever happy when someone else does what you want them to do, then you'll rarely be happy. Take it upon yourself to be happy with what they do. Just for a bit, see how it goes.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah I did that but it only seems to last for as long as I’m on the page...

If you can’t work out how to save it then just use my filters.

- Open the app
- Go to safari content blocking

Advanced filters (tick): English, Spyware, Social Media, Annoyances, Safari

User filters (copy and paste):
arsenal-mania.com###pfa_widget

arsenal-mania.com###pelcro-warning-view

arsenal-mania.com##iframe:nth-child(5)

May need to quit safari and then open it again.

say yes

forum master baiter
Will be absolutely vintage if this squad of wankers block the Arteta move.

Done nothing but continually let me down for years. Of course they’d suddenly grow a backbone a couple of days after I put about a month’s salary on Arteta becoming our next manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom