• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Going to be sick if I see someone advocate LVG for manager one more time.

Its better than advocating for Cazorla as Arteta's number 2. It's wishful thinking that because he was a good player that he'll be a good assistant.

I know Arteta will be the one that chooses his coaching staff etc but Gazidis should just appoint Buvac for him. The club (Gazidis, Sanllehi, Mislintat etc) have taken control of everything else for the new man.

I guess it makes too much sense that it wont happen.

Jae

All my ****ting on Arteta aside, I'm actually surprised Ramsey was talking down about this appointment. I would have expected the opposite since the last time Ramsey was a good midfielder was when Arteta was partnered with him.

He's probably ****ting himself along with half the rest of the squad because Arteta has played with them week in and week out and knows their sh*te. Ramsey will be one of the first ones gone.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
All my ****ting on Arteta aside, I'm actually surprised Ramsey was talking down about this appointment. I would have expected the opposite since the last time Ramsey was a good midfielder was when Arteta was partnered with him.

He just said what came natural to him.

Nobody cares about the opinion of Ramsey, he's a nothing player.

FEH

He's probably ****ting himself along with half the rest of the squad because Arteta has played with them week in and week out and knows their sh*te. Ramsey will be one of the first ones gone.

Trust me, nobody will be ****ting it if Arteta came in. Far too nice to be ruthless. If an Allegri or Enrique came in, guys who are capable of winning things, the whole squad would be on tenterhooks and deadwood would be getting burned left right and centre.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I doubt that. Arteta seems like a sort of man, who wants to make sure everyone is fine in environment. On top of that, many of our first team have played with him, so they know his limitations well and I doubt they would be ****ting themselves when Micky gets angry.

Its better than advocating for Cazorla as Arteta's number 2. It's wishful thinking that because he was a good player that he'll be a good assistant.
I know Arteta will be the one that chooses his coaching staff etc but Gazidis should just appoint Buvac for him. The club (Gazidis, Sanllehi, Mislintat etc) have taken control of everything else for the new man.

Agreed on Buvac. Although he is low-key profile, he really seems to be a tactical whiz and a more pressing style of football would certainly make for an exciting period ahead.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Trust me, nobody will be ****ting it if Arteta came in. Far too nice to be ruthless. If an Allegri or Enrique came in, guys who are capable of winning things, the whole squad would be on tenterhooks and deadwood would be getting burned left right and centre.

What? Most reports are saying he can be a bit of a ****. He’s a young manager in his first job who’ll want to succeed. He’s not going to play people if he thinks they’re rubbish.

People are acting like they know Arteta the man.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

We’re basically a posh Swansea.

What’s the point? Hope we get relegated.

Championship won't be enough, we'd be too close for the vile board to think we can bounce back.

We need to sink to League 2 & languish there for a year or two at least for the board to realize their once cash cow is paying nothing. Kroenke (cursed be his name) will have to sell up ridding us of his odious presence.

Then we can plot our return to the premier league at our leisure.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

We havent won the league in 14 years, how many times have we come close? Die hard Arsenal fans have had enough and this season has shown it. Time for Ivan and Stan to get their act together or GTFO. 14 years is too long in my book and i dont us to end up like the scousers!!

If he plans to keep it in the family, as he recently said, we will surpass Liverpool in the wait for our 14th.

By that time Chelsea, who were 12 behind in 2004, will probably be a few ahead & City not far behind.

Just writing that made me feel faint.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I guess it makes too much sense that it wont happen.

Most reports have Cazorla as one of many assistants, don’t see what’s wrong with that.

It’s also been said that the board would like to go with a younger coach backed up by an experienced team.

FEH

Genuinely think Gazidis would be intimidated by a an Allegri or even an Ancelotti. He would be exposed and questioned. Thats why we're going down the ex-player route. They are already indoctrinated with the lax standards. Viera and Henry come from a time where we demanded results and wouldnt take failure lightly so wouldnt be suitable.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Genuinely think Gazidis would be intimidated by a an Allegri or even an Ancelotti. He would be exposed and questioned. Thats why we're going down the ex-player route. They are already indoctrinated with the lax standards. Viera and Henry come from a time where we demanded results and wouldnt take failure lightly so wouldnt be suitable.
So you think Gazidis appoints Arteta to avoid being exposed? Do you also see ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom