• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What? Most reports are saying he can be a bit of a ****. He’s a young manager in his first job who’ll want to succeed. He’s not going to play people if he thinks they’re rubbish.

People are acting like they know Arteta the man.

You can be a **** and still practice favoritism. In fact the more you piss off your subordinates, the more you have to rely on the core loyal to you, even if they end up being incompetent.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why are people so obsessed with the monarchy. Who gives a sh!t about them? What do they actually do?

Anyway, warming to this Arteta idea now. Still think it is ill advised but will get behind any man and support this great club.

I live in Wales mate, you’re preaching to the choir.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
You can be a **** and still practice favoritism. In fact the more you piss off your subordinates, the more you have to rely on the core loyal to you, even if they end up being incompetent.
which could be why Cazorla is being talked of as an assistant - a fellow Spaniard with a warm and friendly temperament could be an excellent support for Arteta the man rather than Arteta the manager, and would be much better than the manager looking for friends amongst the squad

Stannis

Doubt that would ever happen.

Just confuses me why the British public get so offended if anybody speaks ill about their German monarchs. Bizarre.

Already happened in Australia.

A left-wing Prime Mister called Gough Whitlam was sacked and new elections called. The reasons why are complicated and a very long discussion, but there was an economic crisis looming.

Officially the Queen had to have signed off on it, but apparently, the Governor General used her authority but never consulted her, but its bit of a he said she said.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Why are people so obsessed with the monarchy. Who gives a sh!t about them? What do they actually do?

Anyway, warming to this Arteta idea now. Still think it is ill advised but will get behind any man and support this great club.
ask instead why the British media is obsessed with them - lots of Brits are like me and think it's high time we moved on, and have no interest in this over the top wedding between two 30+s, one of whom has been married before

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
which could be why Cazorla is being talked of as an assistant - a fellow Spaniard with a warm and friendly temperament could be an excellent support for Arteta the man rather than Arteta the manager, and would be much better than the manager looking for friends amongst the squad

That would be a great way to help placate any hostile fans. I think its something Santi would definitely be up for and Arteta is sensible enough to realise the advantages.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Fair enough mate. He is clearly an amazing human being, moreso than any of us here and he will always be remembered as such. But for me my one and only issue with Wenger was his sentiment and faith that he placed in certain players (who unfortunately all let him down) and this ultimately led to his demise I think. The players just didn't do it for him when it mattered.

If he'd of just been that little bit more ruthless over the last 10-15 years I reckon he'd still be here.

Agree with both of you. Arsène is truly one of a kind and he represented the club with intelligence, dignity class and honor. Exceptional human being and great role model.
Having said that, and I am writing this as a member of the "Wenger army", he could and should have been more ruthless the last few years.
I am not even talking about the barren years, but the last 3 or 4, when he should have been more decisive with some underperforming players. He is a smart man and surely he knows deep inside he could have been more ruthless. I hope when he write his memoirs he will touch that as well.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
How does anyone actually know what type of coach/manager Arteta will be?

This is one of the problems though, not even Arteta knows. He wasn't even a proper assistant/#2, he was basically a video analyst.

How will he handle adversity? What about managing disgruntled players who are not playing, will he be able to make the tough decisions? Will he gain the respect of the squad(as a newbie and just a few years ago a teammate and equal to a lot of the players in the current squad), because let's face it, if the players don't buy in and turn against you/stop playing for you there is nothing you can do no matter how good a manager you are as we've seen plenty of examples of over the years.. All this is a complete unknown because Arteta has never been in that position, not even at u-18 level.

Arteta could very well turn out to be an excellent manager, on paper he has a lot of good qualities and seems like the type who could succeed in a manager role, but this is a massive gamble. It's not like we've a strong foundation in place for him either where he can seamlessly step in that role, he's the guinea pig for Gazidis' new setup.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
ask instead why the British media is obsessed with them - lots of Brits are like me and think it's high time we moved on, and have no interest in this over the top wedding between two 30+s, one of whom has been married before
Sorry, I shouldn't generalise on your public opinions based on what I see on the news.

Quite right, better question is why do the media think you care.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

This is one of the problems though, not even Arteta knows. He wasn't even a proper assistant/#2, he was basically a video analyst.

How will he handle adversity? What about managing disgruntled players who are not playing, will he be able to make the tough decisions? Will he gain the respect of the squad(as a newbie and just a few years ago a teammate and equal to a lot of the players in the current squad), because let's face it, if the players don't buy in and turn against you/stop playing for you there is nothing you can do no matter how good a manager you are as we've seen plenty of examples of over the years.. All this is a complete unknown because Arteta has never been in that position, not even at u-18 level.

Arteta could very well turn out to be an excellent manager, on paper he has a lot of good qualities and seems like the type who could succeed in a manager role, but this is a massive gamble. It's not like we've a strong foundation in place for him either where he can seamlessly step in that role, he's the guinea pig for Gazidis' new setup.
Exactly, its a coin toss. Thats what I want to say to anyone who think's he could be good. Sure he could be good, but he could as easily be totally rubbish. We should've gone for someone with a history, that would have shown some judgement on the part of our board. Instead the board chooses to shoot bullets blindfolded. Its basically an admission of failure - the only way Arsenal can play good is if some unknown performs brilliantly, the regular way of getting managers who've done well won't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom