• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So what? Proves that what Arsenal is doing with Arteta isn't as mad as some of you want it to be.

They had him, Kovac and others running. Kovac won.

Likewise Arteta won the race with us.

Maybe it's just a sign of Bayern being better decision makers. And as far as I know, Lahm never even got an interview. It was just a rumor.

AVENTUS

I don't understand the thought behind us trailing further behind.

Even if the new coach comes in and improves the defensive structure we have made an improvement in my eyes.

I know that's quite reductionist but still the point is some people seem to believe we are bound to regress.

Nobody can know anything for sure, Not even the board with there appointment..

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
All this talk about "pressure at a big club" is nonsense. Arteta has seen and done enough to be able to handle pressure and worked close to a man who was always attacked, even by his own fans.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Cretin? Thierry Henry is a cretin?

The greater striker we’ve ever had?! Everyday I grow more tired of this place.

The sicophancy & group think developing in relation to Arteta is staggering compared to where we were a week ago.

An unremarkable player during his stint with us & a captain so timid he'd barely stand out in an under 18 team let alone one with his peers. This is the man to lead Arsenal Football club. Common sense has taken a backseat to greed.

Whats more baffling is the scorn heaped on our great players not from pundits, journalists or opposition fans but our own supporters.

I'm happy most here don't remember those great teams under Wenger & Graham before him because they don't deserve the Arsenal of old: Proud, Classy & A winning club on the field as well as off it.

They can have the current iteration: A mockery of what was once a great club.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah whatever mate, hold that L and move on to stage 5, time to accept reality isn't it? I'm out of this debate.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "hold that L" and I don't know anything about "stage 5."

As for reality, I'm the one between the two of us who actually continues to live in it. In the real world, experience and accomplishment count for more than image. You want the hipster move. I want the one that gives Arsenal the best chance of getting right back into the thick of things.

Then again, a lot of supporters of a certain POTUS I'm not supposed to mention keep insisting that I'm the one not accepting reality as well as they spout easily disputable "alternative facts."

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "hold that L" and I don't know anything about "stage 5."

As for reality, I'm the one between the two of us who actually continues to live in it. In the real world, experience and accomplishment count for more than image. You want the hipster move. I want the one that gives Arsenal the best chance of getting right back into the thick of things.

Then again, a lot of supporters of a certain POTUS I'm not supposed to mention keep insisting that I'm the one not accepting reality as well as they spout easily disputable "alternative facts."

We feel so sorry for you, the great hero that is fighting both Donald Trump and the idiots that are willing to give the worthless loser Mikel Arteta a chance.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Just love how creative people are when it comes to facts and rumors. Entertainment level: Asylum.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
The sicophancy & group think developing in relation to Arteta is staggering compared to where we were a week ago.

An unremarkable player during his stint with us & a captain so timid he'd barely stand out in an under 18 team let alone one with his peers. This is the man to lead Arsenal Football club. Common sense has taken a backseat to greed.

Whats more baffling is the scorn heaped on our great players not from pundits, journalists or opposition fans but our own supporters.

I'm happy most here don't remember those great teams under Wenger & Graham before him because they don't deserve the Arsenal of old: Proud, Classy & A winning club on the field as well as off it.

They can have the current iteration: A mockery of what was once a great club.

I guess you didnt say a word when our own supporters attacked Wenger and claimed that he was a senile fool, for example on this forum.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Mate with an attitude like that young people, be it managers, players or whatever else have no chance at all. How do you process further without give the chance to the youth?

We're taking a chance, yes. It may be a **** decision but it's happening and there's nothing we can do about it. Accept it, and see where it takes us.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We feel so sorry for you, the great hero that is fighting both Donald Trump and the idiots that are willing to give the worthless loser Mikel Arteta a chance.

If everybody had given up advocacy of other candidates and accepted a Hillary Clinton victory because it looked like she would win the election, your hero Trump would not be president today.

Also, it has nothing to do with giving Arteta a chance. It's a matter of believing other candidates would be better suited for pushing Arsenal back to the top 4 while the club still has all that attacking talent in their primes.

Not sure why you think Arteta is a worthless loser (or why you should want him so badly if you do). I've always thought he was quite impressive. I said when he left to join Pep's coaching staff that I could envision him managing Arsenal someday. I just didn't mean in 2018 with only two years of experience as an assistant behind him.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I guess you didnt say a word when our own supporters attacked Wenger and claimed that he was a senile fool, for example on this forum.

I got on his case as well because he definitely overstayed his welcome but not for a moment did I insult his achievements or personally attacked him.

I'm not excusing the abuse he received but now that he has left we're engaging in gross mismanagement by employing a man with nary an ounce of experience in managing a sunday pub team let alone the 3rd biggest club in the land.

Arsène may have been hounded out but his legacy is vindicated for eternity.

Arteta, should he be hired, will be the first of a revolving door of lesser men.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Mate with an attitude like that young people, be it managers, players or whatever else have no chance at all. How do you process further without give the chance to the youth?

We're taking a chance, yes. It may be a **** decision but it's happening and there's nothing we can do about it. Accept it, and see where it takes us.

One of my most favored candidates is six years younger than Arteta. So what does youth have to do with it? It's just that the young candidates I want have actual experience. Arteta doesn't.

Also, I didn't say it wouldn't happen. If it does, it does. As I've said repeatedly (almost on a loop), I will support whoever they hire. Doesn't mean I have to believe it's a good idea.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
One of my most favored candidates is six years younger than Arteta. So what does youth have to do with it? It's just that the young candidates I want have actual experience. Arteta doesn't.

Also, I didn't say it wouldn't happen. If it does, it does. As I've said repeatedly (almost on a loop), I will support whoever they hire. Doesn't mean I have to believe it's a good idea.

He's staying at Hoffenheim...

Good then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom