• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A manager has to start somewhere, why not at Arsenal? We're not gonna relegated, at worst we'll finish 7th maybe. Why not give this a go? He's incredibly highly rated by Guardiola, Wenger and Pochettino, three outstanding managers. Will have a lot of experienced coaches around him, he won't have to worry about recruitment or stuff like that like Wenger did, just the actual coaching of the team. He's a guy who was captain and was a good leader who people looked up to and listened to, I've no idea why that be any of different when he's a manager, certainly he was looked up to and listened to at City. Pep credits Guardiola for the improved output and performances of Sterling and Sane, which is pretty high praise considering the impact both have had, Sterling in particular who's become such a goal threat after failing in that area. He knows the club, respects the traditions and will be easily integrated.

Sometimes you just have to take a chance, when there's a guy as highly rated as Arteta ready and raring to get going as a manager why wait? For all we know he could manage Everton if we don't want him and then in a year or two he has Barcelona and PSG trying to sign him up to be their manager and folk will be angry that we missed out on him when we had the chance.

There's very few top coaches available, certainly very few who fit the criteria set out by Gazidis.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
If everybody had given up advocacy of other candidates and accepted a Hillary Clinton victory because it looked like she would win the election, your hero Trump would not be president today.

Also, it has nothing to do with giving Arteta a chance. It's a matter of believing other candidates would be better suited for pushing Arsenal back to the top 4 while the club still has all that attacking talent in their primes.

Not sure why you think Arteta is a worthless loser (or why you should want him so badly if you do). I've always thought he was quite impressive. I said when he left to join Pep's coaching staff that I could envision him managing Arsenal someday. I just didn't mean in 2018 with only two years of experience as an assistant behind him.

I despise Trumps foreign policy and his inability to be as independent as he was before he was elected. He is not a hero in my eyes, just a typical republican. And i am not the one who genuinly believe that Arteta is a worthless loser, that should be obvious.

GDeep™

League is very weak
An unremarkable player during his stint with us & a captain so timid he'd barely stand out in an under 18 team let alone one with his peers. This is the man to lead Arsenal Football club. Common sense has taken a backseat to greed.
He was a good player for us, and had he joined earlier in his career he probably would’ve been remarkable too.

He wasn’t a timid captain either, he showed passion. Not that this stuff has any relation to his potential coaching abilities.

Adams was a remarkable player and a phenomenal captain, but he couldn’t manage a boiled egg.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Here's what I find fascinating. Over the past two or three years (at least), a certain segment of the Arsenal fan base has been viciously anti-Wenger and demanding "Wenger Out!," helping to create a toxic atmosphere around the club. But for some reason we're not supposed to oppose the hiring of Arteta over other more experienced and better qualified candidates before he's even been hired. We're just supposed to "accept it," shut up and get on board with a hiring that hasn't even actually happened yet.

Being an Arsenal fan is really weird.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Here's what I find fascinating. Over the past two or three years (at least), a certain segment of the Arsenal fan base has been viciously anti-Wenger and demanding "Wenger Out!," helping to create a toxic atmosphere around the club. But for some reason we're not supposed to oppose the hiring of Arteta over other more experienced and better qualified candidates before he's even been hired. We're just supposed to "accept it," shut up and get on board with a hiring that hasn't even actually happened yet.

Being an Arsenal fan is really weird.
Exactly snowflakes

How you doing mate?

My grandfather passed away last week and I've been trying to get home for last 7 days but the ferry wont sail over because the height of the sea waves is above 5 m still... It is taking its toll on me, but tomorrow the ferry will try to sail the longer route so hopefully I can get home tomorrow!

Would also help if Arteta could be announced tomorrow. Would help the mood for sure!

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Well, if you don't believe Arteta is a worthless loser and I don't believe Arteta is a worthless loser, who believes Arteta is a worthless loser and why did you bring it up?

Because thats the narrative around here. Artisan is probably the worst example in this case and you hasnt really tried to make him stop with his erratic behaviour.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Whats more baffling is the scorn heaped on our great players not from pundits, journalists or opposition fans but our own supporters.

I'm happy most here don't remember those great teams under Wenger & Graham before him because they don't deserve the Arsenal of old: Proud, Classy & A winning club on the field as well as off it.

They can have the current iteration: A mockery of what was once a great club.
:lol: ♬ I just-don't-think they understand ♪♪ ♫

Preacher

Always Crying
DdZ86MCWAAEpQi6.jpg

DdZ86XKX0AE9o17.jpg

El Jefe and his assistant. I would rather see Henry on the bench at Emirates than in Sky studio trying to speak English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom