• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

He was a good player for us, and had he joined earlier in his career he probably would’ve been remarkable too.

He wasn’t a timid captain either, he showed passion. Not that this stuff has any relation to his potential coaching abilities.

Adams was a remarkable player and a phenomenal captain, but he couldn’t manage a boiled egg.

He gets a free ride because he took a pay cut to join us, admirable to be sure, but that act of altruisim should not entitle him for consideration for a job bigger greater than his current skill set.

Also,I never said there was an correlation between talent as a player & as a manager. Adams, as much as anyone else, has no divine right to assume as a former captain he can waltz in & get the role of manager.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My grandfather passed away last week and I've been trying to get home for last 7 days but the ferry wont sail over because the height of the sea waves is above 5 m still... It is taking its toll on me, but tomorrow the ferry will try to sail the longer route so hopefully I can get home tomorrow!

Would also help if Arteta could be announced tomorrow. Would help the mood for sure!
Good luck pal. If the ferry gets cancelled again, try and swim it!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Also,I never said there was an correlation between talent as a player & as a manager. Adams, as much as anyone else, has no divine right to assume as a former captain he can waltz in & get the role of manager.

One of my favorite players ever, but the way he's acted in recent years I'd be hesitant to give him a license as a pie vendor, much less a position on the coaching staff.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Here's what I find fascinating. Over the past two or three years (at least), a certain segment of the Arsenal fan base has been viciously anti-Wenger and demanding "Wenger Out!," helping to create a toxic atmosphere around the club. But for some reason we're not supposed to oppose the hiring of Arteta over other more experienced and better qualified candidates before he's even been hired. We're just supposed to "accept it," shut up and get on board with a hiring that hasn't even actually happened yet.

Being an Arsenal fan is really weird.
It's this forum mate. It comes with the name. We all knew what we got into.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I honestly don't understand this kind of thinking. We're talking about Arsenal, one of the best English clubs with massive fanbase ant turnover.
Not much point in a sizeable turn over if the manager never sees any of it. Somehow the Kroenkes are sucking us dry.

Meanwhile we’re spending 5th and Liverpool’s Coutinho deal has given them a turbo boost. Unless this next manager is a genius we’re closer to Everton than City.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

One of my favorite players ever, but the way he's acted in recent years I'd be hesitant to give him a license as a pie vendor, much less a position on the coaching staff.

He couldn't coach ants out of a mole hill but some seem to villify him for no reason other than he never toes the line when it came to Arsène.

Should he be more greatful to the man he admitted had a guiding hand in extending his career? Certainly.

But he's a man entitled to his own opinions regardless of our finding them idiotic or disagreeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom