• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,160,092

Why is he leaving? That's stupid.

We will find out soon enough. Maybe he has offer at club that will offer him first team football.

Also the competition is very high. Nketiah, Nelson, Ameichi, Jeff, Saka, Smith-Rowe will probably all get first game chances before he will even be taken into consideration!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
From what I've read RE Dragomir, he turned down a deal to leave. My guess is that he feels ready to play more minutes than he would have had he stayed. IMO, it's not a bad decision as he was a good technical talent but perhaps lacked a bit physically in comparison to other heralded players at Arsenal who play similar positions to him.

The biggest beneficiary is easily Emile Smith-Rowe. He has a free crack as the #10 and main star of the U23 team next season (if he doesn't leave on loan that is). He's as good a technician and a better, stronger athlete than Dragomir - and since becoming a central player he has gone from being an interesting looking winger to a potentially top class central player. He will likely assume a position on the bench for an EL game in the near future.

Dragomir, Moore, Keto.. I thought these would make it.

I was pretty high on Tafari Moore. Real energetic full-back. Sad it didn't work out. Same with Chiori Johnson. Moore has now joined Plymouth.
We will find out soon enough. Maybe he has offer at club that will offer him first team football.

Also the competition is very high. Nketiah, Nelson, Ameichi, Jeff, Saka, Smith-Rowe will probably all get first game chances before he will even be taken into consideration!

A good bulk of that U18 team will look to move up to U23 level in place of guys like Dragomir. Dominic Thompson in particular just signed a pro deal and he'll look to be the main LB. Dragomir was a promising talent, particularly technically, but the aforementioned Smith-Rowe is likely to assume his position quite seamlessly. And on the wings, Saka will likely ascend to U23 level quickly, while Amaechi is already an U23 regular and looking comfy at that level.

Aevi

Hale End FC
That's odd, why would Porto want this? He's talented, but not first-team ready as far as I know. For him, that would be a lost opportunity for game time too. There must be something a bit different about this deal.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's odd, why would Porto want this? He's talented, but not first-team ready as far as I know. For him, that would be a lost opportunity for game time too. There must be something a bit different about this deal.

I actually think this loan deal makes perfect sense. He might not be ready to contribute for Arsenal, but even if he was he can't get a work permit anyway.

He's a highly regarded young player, and after a full season in the Netherlands, it makes sense for him and for us for him to try to take his game to the next level.

He's not far away from playing for the full Nigerian national team. A good season at Porto and he may qualify for a UK work permit. Porto should only be interested in him if they believe he can contribute to the first team.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I actually think this loan deal makes perfect sense. He might not be ready to contribute for Arsenal, but even if he was he can't get a work permit anyway.

He's a highly regarded young player, and after a full season in the Netherlands, it makes sense for him and for us for him to try to take his game to the next level.

He's not far away from playing for the full Nigerian national team. A good season at Porto and he may qualify for a UK work permit. Porto should only be interested in him if they believe he can contribute to the first team.
He played in Holland's second division, that's a big step up. I think he can do it, but I'm surprised Porto are ready to take the gamble, though I guess it is a low one.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He played in Holland's second division, that's a big step up. I think he can do it, but I'm surprised Porto are ready to take the gamble, though I guess it is a low one.

IIRC they tried to loan him after he left Venlo. He rejoined MVV instead. So they've been interested for a while.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom