• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This guy seems like another player being overrated by Arsenal fans. Maybe I'm just negative but was not impressed at all by Lacazette this season. Auba up front or nothing none of this left wing nonsense.

misko

He didn’t have a lot of appearance. But it does not mean that he performed bad. He was always a very very skilful player. And from his performance, you can instantly see that how good he would be if he plays for a big club.

Playing in a wrong system not necessarily means that he was a bad player. It’s like playing Messi in a squad of 07-08 stoke, where every pass was a long ball. Messi wouldnt have performed well, since he had to try winning headers all the time. But from his dribbling, I would’ve realised how good he would be if he was playing with a good side. But you would just judged based on his bad performance in a wrong system.
Thauvin isn't a skilful player, he's not the guy who could save a team with a individual achievement.
He was good in a good team but not a top player, and very poor against the big teams.

This guy seems like another player being overrated by Arsenal fans. Maybe I'm just negative but was not impressed at all by Lacazette this season. Auba up front or nothing none of this left wing nonsense.
Auba isn't perfect. 0 goal in 4 games against big teams. Anynway both of them came in a trouble period. They should be better next season

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Really impressed with what I saw from this guy up until after the United game at home where they rushed him back from injury if anyone can recall and of course when he came back from his surgery. Thought he was our best player up until that injury.

I already know that he’s going to kill it next season, if he gets the minutes of course.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Eh? Laca has been slated left, right and centre by many on this thread from the moment he signed.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Eh? Laca has been slated left, right and centre by many on this thread from the moment he signed.
To be fair we had no idea he was carrying an injury & even his mum had a go at him about the poor body language.

There was a spell last season where it was looking like a mistake both for him & the club. Aubameyang & return to fitness kick started him again though.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
What is the issue with this guy? I don't understand all of the hate for him. He's a quality player. He has reached his ceiling but he can score and he links up well with Auba and Özil. A bit overpriced, sure, but so is literally every single player purchased today (I guess except Torreira, lol).

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What is the issue with this guy? I don't understand all of the hate for him. He's a quality player. He has reached his ceiling but he can score and he links up well with Auba and Özil. A bit overpriced, sure, but so is literally every single player purchased today (I guess except Torreira, lol).

The issue is a simple one in many cases. Can be summarised in four words:

He
Is
Not
Giroud

Jae

He does not have the skills and pace to play in wide areas.

You are always banging on about speed and pace mate. Pires and Ljungberg weren't particularly quick you know. I'd rather have someone with a decent set of feet than someone who was quick any day of the week. You don't have to be fast to take someone on.

Lacazette has probably the second best set of feet at the club after Özil. He's one of the most technically gifted players on our team, certainly better than Giroud.

He'd probably have higher numbers if half our team didn't go missing every game. Think Auba and Lacazette will form a good partnership upfront.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You are always banging on about speed and pace mate. Pires and Ljungberg weren't particularly quick you know. I'd rather have someone with a decent set of feet than someone who was quick any day of the week. You don't have to be fast to take someone on.

Lacazette has probably the second best set of feet at the club after Özil. He's one of the most technically gifted players on our team, certainly better than Giroud.

He'd probably have higher numbers if half our team didn't go missing every game. Think Auba and Lacazette will form a good partnership upfront.
Best set of feet after Özil? Most technically gifted player in our team?
Nasri, Cazorla, Van Persie, Hleb, Sanchez were technically gifted player. Not Lacazette.

Jae

Lacazette is not the good enough for us.

Okay then, suggest someone that we can realistically go out and buy who is a clear upgrade on him then? And I'm not talking a young upcoming player, someone who is an established goalscorer at a top club. I reckon you'll struggle. He was one of the most consistant and clinical strikers in the world at one time, you don't lose that overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom