• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Still can't understand why we didn't go for auba in the summer instead of lacazette.

Auba wasn't allowed to leave Dortmund despite a gentleman's agreement he could. They lost Dembele last summer, the summer before that Mkhi, Hummels and Gundogan - they desperatly wanted to keep him with a new coach and all. Which is why he basically went on strike to get his move to Arsenal in January.

misko

So glad to see that he will be one of the "untouchable" men of Emery, this guy don't get the recognition that he deserves, a wonderful striker . Deschamps made a mistake by not taking him to the WC

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
So glad to see that he will be one of the "untouchable" men of Emery, this guy don't get the recognition that he deserves, a wonderful striker . Deschamps made a mistake by not taking him to the WC
How is that a mistake? Do you really think lacazette is better than the ones who has got picked.

misko

How is that a mistake? Do you really think lacazette is better than the ones who has got picked.
Yes. Griezmann and Mbappe are not strikers and there are too much wingers in the French squad, Deschamps should take him instead of Thauvin. Moreover i don't think Giroud is enough to beat teams like Germany, Brazil even Portugal we saw that at the Euro 2016.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yes. Griezmann and Mbappe are not strikers and there are too much wingers in the French squad, Deschamps should take him instead of Thauvin. Moreover i don't think Giroud is enough to beat teams like Germany, Brazil even Portugal we saw that at the Euro 2016.
Thauvin is so good on the ball, he has so much skills to offer. I don’t think lacazette’s technical abilities are anywhere as close as his.
And Giroud is very important tactically speaking, he is very useful in certain situations, a very valuable player to have in the squad.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
They just got team wrong vs opposition.

Great attacking options but Giroud ideal with the deep line of Australia & the fast trio to catch Peru on the break. Manager made it harder work in both.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I also think Deschamps got his squad selection wrong by not taking Laca. Thauvin is definitely a quality player, but France already has Lemar, Dembele, Fekir, Mbappe, and Griezmann who can play on the wing.

Giroud is really their only CF, so it would make sense to bring another CF to have more options.

Sure he can play Mbappe or Griezmann at CF, but neither of them plays that position for their club, so why base your WC hopes on playing players out of their position.

misko

Thauvin is so good on the ball, he has so much skills to offer. I don’t think lacazette’s technical abilities are anywhere as close as his.
And Giroud is very important tactically speaking, he is very useful in certain situations, a very valuable player to have in the squad.
You overrate him, moreover Fekir, Dembélé, Mbappe, Griezmann and Lemar are enough as winger/attacking midfielder. Thauvin offers nothing more that these guys it's what we don't see him on the pitch even as substitute and we won't see him at the World Cup. Lacazettte would be useful against team who don't park the bus and as I said Griezmann and Mbappe aren't strikers.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You overrate him, moreover Fekir, Dembélé, Mbappe, Griezmann and Lemar are enough as winger/attacking midfielder. Thauvin offers nothing more that these guys it's what we don't see him on the pitch even as substitute and we won't see him at the World Cup. Lacazettte would be useful against team who don't park the bus and as I said Griezmann and Mbappe aren't strikers.
Fekir is overrated.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Did you see him at Newcastle?
He didn’t have a lot of appearance. But it does not mean that he performed bad. He was always a very very skilful player. And from his performance, you can instantly see that how good he would be if he plays for a big club.

Playing in a wrong system not necessarily means that he was a bad player. It’s like playing Messi in a squad of 07-08 stoke, where every pass was a long ball. Messi wouldnt have performed well, since he had to try winning headers all the time. But from his dribbling, I would’ve realised how good he would be if he was playing with a good side. But you would just judged based on his bad performance in a wrong system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom