• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
As a German gunner I have to completely laugh at the criticism he has received for his performances in this and even at the last world cup.

As much as his visit with Erdogan showed that he's not the brightest of all people, it was always going to end up being connected to the judgement of his performances whilst this is wrong all along.

Truth is, he was one of the best performers of Germany. Truth is, if it wasn't for the most shocking chance conversion rate I've seen in ages, Germany could have trashed Sweden and South-K. by 4-5.

Germany had the most shots of any side in the preliminary round.
Germany hit the woodwork 4 times, more than any other side.
Germany has created the most chances in the preliminaries with 57 chancss opposed to second, Brazil, with 42.
Germany had the second most passes with 1970, with 85,5 percent success rate (3rd).
Most corner kicks: 25.
79 crosses opposed to second best Serbia with 42.
72% possession rate (2nd).
Germany have won 55,1% of their tackles (best).

That being said, as I'm not patriotic at all, I dont really care and there's certainly been something missing at this world cup but it could easily have gone either way. The core was pretty much as good as ever.
The big let downs have been Mueller, Gomez, Khedira and Boateng imo, with Werner a good guy but a bit too young for such a big stage.

Özil has created the most chances of any player in a game against South-K., so it was certainly not his fault. Just a good scapegoat because of his body language and the Erdogan-incident which should be a completely separate thing.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
As a German gunner I have to completely laugh at the criticism he has received for his performances in this and even at the last world cup.

As much as his visit with Erdogan showed that he's not the brightest of all people, it was always going to end up being connected to the judgement of his performances whilst this is wrong all along.

Truth is, he was one of the best performers of Germany. Truth is, if it wasn't for the most shocking chance conversion rate I've seen in ages, Germany could have trashed Sweden and South-K. by 4-5.

Germany has created the most chances in the preliminaries with 57 chancss opposed to second, Brazil, with 42.
Germany had the second most passes with 1970, with 85,5 percent success rate (3rd).

That being said, as I'm not patriotic at all, I dont really care and there's certainly been something missing at this world cup but it could easily have gone either way. The core was pretty much as good as ever.
The big let downs have been Mueller, Gomez, Khedira and Boateng imo, with Werner a good guy but a bit too young for such a big stage.

Özil has created the most chances of any player in a game against South-K., so it was certainly not his fault. Just a good scapegoat because of his body language and the Erdogan-incident which should be a completely separate thing.
I thought Germany looked plenty good enough to advance and make a deep run. Their exit is just reflective of the beauty/brutality of a 270 minute group stage. Small sample.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I thought Germany looked plenty good enough to advance and make a deep run. Their exit is just reflective of the beauty/brutality of a 270 minute group stage. Small sample.
Possibly. To be that bad thrice though? I think them being very near to the end of an era and it being too soon for some others was a big factor. They'll have to transition properly before the Euros.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They played about 20 minutes of respectable football in the entire tournament. The only reason anyone gave them a chance to go on is that it was unfathomable that Germany could play so poorly 3 times in a row.

Oh_Snap

They played about 20 minutes of respectable football in the entire tournament. The only reason anyone gave them a chance to go on is that it was unfathomable that Germany could play so poorly 3 times in a row.
20 Minutes of the best Minutes in this WC even (imho etc). It were the 20 Minutes Germany had a true Number 6 on the Pitch: Sebastian Rudy.
Not saying Rudy is a superb overwhelming 6 (he's not bad either though) ... but it just corrected so much troubles in the starting line up.

The situation at Arsenal is soo simular: no real No 6 for years now. But that's going to change :).

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Maybe he just believes in Erdogan's aggressive and expansionist policies. Millions of Turks do - especially Turks in Germany. Doesn't make him stupid - just makes him insidious towards European values. Either way - nothing to do with him as a footballer. As a footballer he has regressed as to where he was a few years ago, there is no question.
I'm curious what you mean by "European values"?

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Possibly. To be that bad thrice though? I think them being very near to the end of an era and it being too soon for some others was a big factor. They'll have to transition properly before the Euros.
Definitely not up to their usual standards, but I also just think they were unlucky.
They created the most chances of anyone in the group stage. Sometimes the ball just doesn’t bounce your way.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

The refs handed Germany the win ffs

Refused Sweden a blatant pen

Every touch by swedes were called but ze germans got away with everything

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Good so now your true agenda/feelings come out rather than the snarky comments. Now I understand.
Snarky comments? Is this what discussion is reduced to, I ask a valid question about what European values actually are. Lots of people throw the concept around with a lot of weight, few can actually define it. Anyway agenda no, but I have feelings yes. I don’t have that much self-importance to think my opinion will make a difference. I just wish everyone would focus on themselves, their parents, family, friends, neighbours. Help them, help each other, forget about politics of countries thousands of miles/km away. Intervention from outside makes things worse, not better, we should know that by now. Don’t let yourself be used to justify what will be yet another mistake based on ulterior motives. Learn.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I know you're not patriotic, so I'm sure you wont mind me saying that, despite all those meaningless percentages, Germany were rubbish. There's a reason they didn't get out their group.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I know you're not patriotic, so I'm sure you wont mind me saying that, despite all those meaningless percentages, Germany were rubbish. There's a reason they didn't get out their group.
It's pretty obvious that as a group we were terrible. There was a lot lacking in the team not just tactics. There was literally no bite in us whatsoever, it reminded me of what Per said about lacking in motivation after winning the world cup. The players played as if it was their right to go to advanced stages.

Thankfully, we have a young set of hungry players who should replace most of this bunch pretty soon. Obviously it's not great with Low staying on but hopefully there will be a breathe of fresh air seeing as we have acknowledged as a whole how terrible our approach has been.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's pretty obvious that as a group we were terrible. There was a lot lacking in the team not just tactics. There was literally no bite in us whatsoever, it reminded me of what Per said about lacking in motivation after winning the world cup. The players played as if it was their right to go to advanced stages.

Thankfully, we have a young set of hungry players who should replace most of this bunch pretty soon. Obviously it's not great with Low staying on but hopefully there will be a breathe of fresh air seeing as we have acknowledged as a whole how terrible our approach has been.
I had no idea you were German!

There definitely was a blase attitude, as if they thought it would just happen without the required application. I suppose this can creep in when you've won the last world cup by smashing Brazil 7-1 in the final.

It's a tough picking an eleven when you're mid transition; do you just give all the veterans one last dance and a chance to bow out with another WC before retiring them all, or go the other way with a squad full of fearless youngsters in preparation for the future. Argentina are in a similar boat and looked to be in the same mess as Germany. Pretty sure this was just a case of the WC coming a year too soon for you. The future still looks as bright as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom