• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
A renewable resource? The best calorie conversion of plants calories to meat calories is 10-1 so that means the world pays the penalty of needing to produce at least 10 times more food to feed human than off a plant based diet so that point is not quite correct.

Did I say I was talking about farmed meat?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Nah new manager, new dawn. Everyone gets a fresh start and every player should get the benefit of doubt. For me it's time to look forward, not back. And talking about a players diet isn't girly stuff (whatever that's supposed to mean anyways). it's a huge factor on a players fitness. it was a key to success to wengers early years in the PL and many other clubs actually copied his approach on telling players what to eat and what not to eat.

and for the fashion and hair thing .. it's good for hector having an actual hobby. as much as i love CR7 for his attitude to give it all for football it also makes me sad as he seems to have nothing else in life. good for hector he can do what he loves on and off the pitch.
The guy is selling underwear, jeans and he's got what 5 kids? Think he's ok outside of football. His plate seems pretty full. I don't see how Bellerin enjoying playing dress up is somehow more of a hobby than actually having your own clothing brand. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The guy is selling underwear, jeans and he's got what 5 kids? Think he's ok outside of football. His plate seems pretty full. I don't see how Bellerin enjoying playing dress up is somehow more of a hobby than actually having your own clothing brand. :lol:
Oh but don't forget his granny owned a tiny little insignificant clothing store in spain where they made their own clothing.
Man oh man. Everyone of us is a fashion icon if we cite Gran's knitting. In fact my wife's gran IS actually seriously talented. Get pillows, toys, puppets and blankets every year.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
After his support for Özil, and remembering how he tried to bring Alexis back into the fold last season, this guy can wear what he wants, and eat what he wants, as far as I am concerned

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
38051045_1178528755622502_7325973309319806976_n.jpg

Woah :)

New avatar?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Everyone has bad days, he wasn't even that bad. World class for two seasons but we should forget it because of one friendly.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Everyone has bad days, he wasn't even that bad. World class for two seasons but we should forget it because of one friendly.

He got roasted on a number of occasions by their young winger last night. Seems much slower nowadays as well. Reckon Lichsteiner will be first choice for large chunks of this season if hector doesn't get back to his best.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's 23 (last time I checked that wasn't the prime for fullbacks) and he's not been challenged for far too long, since he came into the team basically.

He has a helluva lot to work on and if Lichtsteiner benches him then fine, nothing wrong with that. But don't be getting pissed off at him like he's Yaya f*cking Sanogo. He'll be fine.

FEH

Bellerin is not a winner. He isnt obsessed with winning and he would probably admit that once his career is over. He just enjoys playing football and is in a very fortunate position from Wengers era.

Positionally he is weak and refuses to improve. He has had time. His crossing is poor and again, refuses to improve.

There is no way a professional footballer cannot improve their crossing if highlighted as a weakness.

I look forward to Lichsteiner starting instead of Bellerin and hopefully we see some sort of fire develop under Hector as his too cool for school attitude has gone past its sell by date.

Has Bellerin outperformed Iwobi? Doubt it. Yet Iwobi is a bench player and Bellerin is a starter. All down to no competition in his position.

Had a bad game yesterday but to be fair I think while we are trying to change our system tactically a lot of burden is on the full backs.

Still doesn't excuse for his bad decision making but that is also something I'm hoping will improve a lot under Emery!

Thankfully it is only pre-season but also we just bought RB and even if he is 34 it will put pressure on Bellerin to show us his true level which we all know is world class level!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think the main problem is that he's actually a far worse footballer than everyone initially thought. He was exciting with his pace and youthfullness going forward - but in the long run he couldn't add to his game.

Concerning the defensive side by now his lack of positional awareness has caught up with him and as he seemingly lost just a tad of pace this makes him a liability. His allround defending - not relying on pace and last man tackles but actual defensive work - has always been dodgy and he couldn't really add to it.

He's still very dangerous if he can get into the final third and close to the box, but his crossing is still awful and he makes less use of his pace to take on players, which actually gets him less into the area where he can be dangerous than when he broke through - he seems too concerned with not loosing the ball which in turn makes him too timid to try and break up field. He really doesn't do anything to get the ball higher up the pitch and if he actually ends up in the final third it's 'cause play didn't progress through his right side.

Going back to my initial statement that he's a worse footballer than fans thought: I think it's clear when you look at him during build up phases - he's virtualy useless. He doesn't help to progress play up the field in any way. He doesn't make runs anymore - neither off nor with the ball - his passing is too bad and him constantly trying to hit one touch passes but misplacing them doesn't really help, his go-to pass is the backwards pass to the right CB, which, when a team sits high to press Arsenal consistently pressures said CB, and he's actually technically too limited and slow in his head for intricate passing solutions in such situations. He basically stays wide and is a pure passenger, receiving the ball from CM or CB and only shifting it right back. Opposition teams love to press him since one or two seasons, more so than Monreal on the other side and he was clearly more targeted than Kolasinac yesterday.

He's turned from an exciting talent into a very average rightback up until now, and as someone just shortly before me stated his career does have similarities to Walcott's. The guy really needs to step up in all regards or he should be sold as long as his name has some valuation to it. With Lichtsteiner's CL and WC performances and Bellerin's preseason in mind, the Swiss guy should be ahead of him for now.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
keep saying this since forever (remember it from his academy years too); when he gets up front he is so much better closer to the middle of the pitch instead of hugging the line.

I cant’t remember us ever playing with a right midfielder/winger who likes staying wide and actually have some skills, allowing Hector to make inside runs. he can basically be our fullback with Walcott runs, but needs a skillful partner in front of him.
just another reason why I want to see more of Nelson there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom