• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
There's no such thing as football IQ or football intelligence you gain all that through experience. Experience is what makes you a smart footballer.
You have to learn from your experiences as well. Some players do this better and quicker than others. That’s a form of football IQ imo.
Look at Walcott for example, the man had loads of experience at the end of his arsenal career but he still made the same mistakes frequently.

NoOffense

Hopefully Emery watched how Huddersfield pressed Jorginho and how they took all the space away from him. Chelsea really struggled in their build up play against them but still founded a way to win the game.

If Hazard is not in full fitness or otherwise struggles this should be our first win of the season (or at least a draw please).

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea could of Easily been 2/3 down to Huddersfield last week. We really need to capitalise today and hope to see Laca and Auba start! COYG.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I voted for a draw due to our recent history there & it being the most realistic result we can expect at this moment in time.

Having said that, it shouldn't be the case. Chlesea are in as much turmoil as we were heading into the new season & their Manager had less time to prepare with the team.

They're not exceptionally great barring a few of their players performing out of their skins today. We have the tools to hurt them but need to be mindful that they can wreak as much havoc with us as well. City was a free pass but this is the game where we see if the shambolic defense has somehow evolved.

It's about time we made Stamford Bridge what it was in days gone by, a ground where 3 points are a certainty.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

You have to learn from your experiences as well. Some players do this better and quicker than others. That’s a form of football IQ imo.
Look at Walcott for example, the man had loads of experience at the end of his arsenal career but he still made the same mistakes frequently.

I think football IQ is vastly underrated.

I'd go as far as to say decision making (on the pitch) is a large part of football IQ, and good decision makers are some of the best players.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think this has everything to do with team selection. Morata is a joke player and Hazard should really be the only consistent danger in the final third. If Emery starts Torreira and plays Laca/Auba together then we should win this. If he sets up like he did against City we'll drop points.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I think football IQ is vastly underrated.

I'd go as far as to say decision making (on the pitch) is a large part of football IQ, and good decision makers are some of the best players.
Ronaldo doesn’t score so much because he’s the fastest or the strongest. He does it because he’s the smartest on the pitch

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We had better not lose this one.

We might lose though. No point going into it with a "we cannot lose" mentality. Gotta take a step back from caring too much this season, just see how things go. It's not true of every game, but certainly for this game the performance is more important than the points.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I think this has everything to do with team selection. Morata is a joke player and Hazard should really be the only consistent danger in the final third. If Emery starts Torreira and plays Laca/Auba together then we should win this. If he sets up like he did against City we'll drop points.
I’m not too worried about Torreira starting more so than I am about his potential partner or partners in midfield. Kante pressing Xhaka with his new advanced role won’t be fun

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We might lose though. No point going into it with a "we cannot lose" mentality. Gotta take a step back from caring too much this season, just see how things go. It's not true of every game, but certainly for this game the performance is more important than the points.

True, but I certainly hope the players go into it with a we cannot lose mentality.

Better yet if they thought "we must win".

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i'm worried today that we going to play from the back with Cech as our keeper and Kante Jorginho pressing us.

FEH

Chelsea are far less dangerous than City. We should get a good foothold in this game. Torreira is key ofcourse.

Cech will look horrendous with the ball and put us in dodgy situations as per. But since Leno is supposedly ****e and not trusted between the sticks what choice have we got? Just play Cech til he inevitably starts costing us goals through his kicking AND his slow reactions (which will creep back in).

Auba and Laca is a must. We need goals today.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Really a **** move from FA to give us City and Chelsea back to back after a historic change of managers. I won’t blame Emery for anything even if we get 0 points, don’t care. Guy deserves a fair shot. Every year we get shafted with liverpool/Chelsea/City in the first few games while United gets to slowly build some form.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What a ****ing stupid thing to say. As likeable as he is, you don't compare a sodding football manager to Nelson Mandela.
There’s something of Mandela’s saintly and hero qualities in all of us . . possibly even you Richard if you look hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom