• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
The romantic in me thinks it would be great if he could get back to match fitness for the business end of the season.

Could end his Arsenal career in true Koscielny-style by bottling a few more big games for us.

IslingtonBornandbred

Koscielny was finished before the injury. Can’t see how that would change post massive injury

Well he'll never be the same as before his achilles issues which have been going back years, however there's a school of thought that now the thing has actually snapped and he's had it repaired alongside a long rest to kill any past inflammation, once he returns to full fitness he should have no further achilles issues all being well.

Because of the achilles issues he was carrying for years, he couldn't train properly, he couldn't play too many games in a row, it was hampering him and the club were having to manage it. If it's put to bed now and it's been repaired and he recovers well, he should return to a decent level without any further achilles trouble, so he won't be the player he was in his peak, but he should be pain and injury free which is better than anything he's been in the last few years.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I feel he will come back better than the Koscielny of the last two years. He had been banged up & playing in pain.

Put on some weight, hair looking good & nice tan.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Has any footballer/athlete come back to their previous level after an Achilles tear? Read a lot about it being the worst sports injury or maybe that's just for basketball.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Has any footballer/athlete come back to their previous level after an Achilles tear? Read a lot about it being the worst sports injury or maybe that's just for basketball.

Nastasic from Schalke had an Achilles tear 2015 against Werder. He was much younger (think about 22-23) and missed around 38 games. Nowadays he is playing football completely normal, only had other injuries. - Was injured about 8 months with this injury.

Our player Bartels (31), had an Achilles tear last season against Dortmund in December. Now he is training at least with the second team already and has individual training. Still needs some weeks probably. We will see how he will come back
- So about 9 months at least.

Koscielny had his injury in May. I'm surprised, that he is already training individual on the pitch, the he will need some more months for a full recovery. Especially at this age.

Can't find a list with all players, but think many came back from this. (Think Beckham had something like this too).
Don't know how it will be at this age and he already had problems with his Achilles before his tear.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Nastasic from Schalke had an Achilles tear 2015 against Werder. He was much younger (think about 22-23) and missed around 38 games. Nowadays he is playing football completely normal, only had other injuries. - Was injured about 8 months with this injury.

Our player Bartels (31), had an Achilles tear last season against Dortmund in December. Now he is training at least with the second team already and has individual training. Still needs some weeks probably. We will see how he will come back
- So about 9 months at least.

Koscielny had his injury in May. I'm surprised, that he is already training individual on the pitch, the he will need some more months for a full recovery. Especially at this age.

Can't find a list with all players, but think many came back from this. (Think Beckham had something like this too).
Don't know how it will be at this age and he already had problems with his Achilles before his tear.

Saw someone say that they think he'll come back stronger. That in fact he needed his achilles to tear in order for it to heal, cos it had been giving him problems for so long. I have zero idea whatsoever if that's true, i'm not a doctor, but it sounds a bit too hopeful.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Personally I think he's finished but perhaps he was being dragged down by his injury so lets see. Play him in cup games and see how he goes. An experienced CB can always be helpful, take Sokratis for eg, many didn't fancy him, posted clips of him being nutmegged and saying "No thanks!" but now he's our best CB.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Looks like Kos' doppelganger ain't so bright.
https://allthatsinteresting.com/squirrel-monkey-zoo-thief

john-casford.jpg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I mean, he wouldn't have played but it would have been nice to see him part of the squad. That's life tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom