• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | September 15, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerUK

This would be the type of game Wengers teams would go out and lose against a team who hasn’t won a game yet and struggling and would of course pick up thier first win against Arsenal.

This will be tough make no mistake Newcastle will be desperate to get something here this is the type of game where Emery is tested imo.

You wanna challenge top 4 you win these sort of games - period.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Newcastle have parked the bus against the other top 6 clubs they've faced so far this season. They've already played Sp**s, City and Chelsea - brutal start to the season, lost all those games by a goal margin.

Benitez said he's going to go after us which IMO is a positive - more space for Laca, Auba and Mesut to do their thing. We have to start well and get their crowd out of the game, otherwise it's going to be a torrid day.

Coincidentally, is this Mesut's first ever appearance away at Newcastle?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why would you take last season's away fomr into account when we have a new manager playing a new system with new players. Seems a bit silly, don't you think?
It's more or less the same players as last season. It isn't Emery that suits up against Newcastle, is it? Plus, it isn't like we blew away Cardiff and we lost against Chelsea.

I want to be as optimistic as the next man, but let's see at least 2-3 more wins in away games before we start patting ourselves.

gkoat

This would be the type of game Wengers teams would go out and lose against a team who hasn’t won a game yet and struggling and would of course pick up thier first win against Arsenal.

This will be tough make no mistake Newcastle will be desperate to get something here this is the type of game where Emery is tested imo.

You wanna challenge top 4 you win these sort of games - period.
I don't disagree that this has Wenger loss written all over it. I still cringe thinking about that 4-4 draw. But Wenger did an objectively good job at challenging for the top 4. A loss tomorrow is a huge setback but we'll have plenty of opportunities to collapse this season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We have lost twice to Newcastle in 8 years compared to 10 victories what are you guys on about :lol:

Dregen57

No game in this league is easy but we should have enough offensive power to put this muppets to bed. As long as our defence are so shaky we just need to score more than them. Hope we don't concede though. That would be nice. Miss Kos

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Sokratis Monreal
Matteo Xhaka
Mesut Ramsey Aubameyang
Lacazette​
1-2 full time
Not what I’m hoping for (first 11) but that’s how I think we’ll start. I’m thinking that Torreira will have to wait for his first start until Thursday because of that injury he picked up during the international break.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Klopp couldn’t manage it in his first season. I’d be very surprised if Emery makes it.

Would be amazing if he does. All we can do is support, watch and hope.
I blame the fans. They created such a toxic atmosphere at the club for the past couple of seasons that it's going to take a while before it clears up.

5th would be an achievement for Emery because that would mean overhauling either a team with loads more money than us (Citeh, Chelski, Yanited) or a team with a better first XI (Liverpool, Spuds).

It will be difficult - our best bet is a Mourinho implosion or a Sp**s injury crisis - and almost as likely as finishing 7th if some team steps up. But we have to hope the players will start fighting for the shirt and step up.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What's happening to the board....

Can't wait for Kick Off. I was just thinking how fortunate we've been to get rid of Ox and Wilshere. Both injured and if both were still here we'd be struggling. A good decision that should have been made much sooner.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yeah, but I’m still in trauma about that 4-4 game in 2011. Woke up in a cold sweat last night. :lol:

That game was an absolute ref bottle job. Still pisses me off how Phil Dowd got away with that.

Only worse ref performances I've seen is that game vs Barca where RvP was sent off while 1-1 for shooting after a whistle, and the match where they let Utd's players break our legs in 05, therefore ending our unbeaten run. Wenger luck.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

One thing I will say about Newcastle is that they have a top manager, a guy who is an excellent tactician. I mean it's not like either City or Chelsea blitzed Newcastle, he's very capable of getting his teams to be hard to beat and with 52,000 support behind them they'll be just that.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
One thing I will say about Newcastle is that they have a top manager, a guy who is an excellent tactician. I mean it's not like either City or Chelsea blitzed Newcastle, he's very capable of getting his teams to be hard to beat and with 52,000 support behind them they'll be just that.
interesting how derided Benitez was when he was touted as Wenger's replacement - we could have done a lot worse (and fingers crossed we didn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom