• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
#1 Most of his goals last season came from LW. This season, 3 games at ST, didn't score, 1 game at LW, already scored.

#2 He frequently drifts inside anyway, plays more like a wide forward.

#3 If we play him at ST, Lacazette sits on the bench and we have to watch Iwobi.

Agreed. I prefer to think of our front 3 as a fluid attack, let them interchange, I've been saying it since before the season started. Auba, Laca, Özil, they can all cut in and move out. Same if we play Mkki or even Ramsey in a front 3.

Wryer

What a finish. Purposeful and technically superb.

However I don't think he is gonna develop a Henry-esque wing game at this stage of his career.

The Laca - Auba debate continues...

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Auba have a few glaring misses. He should have headed instead of kicked in one instance. Looks like he isn't confident with heading.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Iwobi & Mkhi
Iwobi = Great.
Mkhi is way too hot and cold. Five minutes of magic and 85 minutes of being anonymous.... No thanks. Far too risky if we ACTUALLY want to get back into the top four. Against poverty like last night, fine.
Fast losing faith in Mkhi...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi = Great.
Mkhi is way too hot and cold. Five minutes of magic and 85 minutes of being anonymous.... No thanks. Far too risky if we ACTUALLY want to get back into the top four. Against poverty like last night, fine.
Fast losing faith in Mkhi...

Really dispute that, Mkhi for me has been a quality signing. He’s always getting involved in our best moves.

Minutes wise racks up the assists and goals, honestly can’t say enough good things about him. Yes he’s not as talented as Özil but the guy for me is like a hybrid Nasri/Rosicky. We’ve missed that since we moved Cazorla central.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Iwobi & Mkhi
And put a 50m striker with a massive wage on the bench? Sounds crazy to me.

Auba has had the chance as a lone striker for months now and he hasn’t looked good at all for the most part. If Emery is going to continue being as tactically rigid as he’s been so far in his career then there’s no other solution to the Laca/Auba conundrum than Auba on the wing and Laca up front. If not then we could have the most dangerous attack in the league.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It’s unfortunate that Emery can only play 4231/433. I’d rather we sell Auba and get a proper winger than potentially waste him on the wing or laca on the bench.
352 or a diamond should at least be tried by Emery during the season

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Really dispute that, Mkhi for me has been a quality signing. He’s always getting involved in our best moves.

Minutes wise racks up the assists and goals, honestly can’t say enough good things about him. Yes he’s not as talented as Özil but the guy for me is like a hybrid Nasri/Rosicky. We’ve missed that since we moved Cazorla central.
I don't doubt Mkhi's talent. I just don;t think he consistently produces during a match. There are huge gaps when he goes missing.
His pass to Iwobi was awesome for our goal... Then I forgot he was on the field for 30 minutes because he just disappeared.
Currently Lacazette is in more form... and therefore we put PEA on the wing and our number 7 on the bench.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Mkith would probably look fine in a dominant team
We are not so he doesn't

Too me he tries to play more technical than he is capable of.

He doesn't show the grit he possessed at Dortmund or shaktahar

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Mkith would probably look fine in a dominant team
We are not so he doesn't

Too me he tries to play more technical than he is capable of.

He doesn't show the grit he possessed at Dortmund or shaktahar
Yes, that is what I am trying to say. He isn't suited to every game. He's more of a secret weapon. Kind of how Rosicky was (but because of injury)..

Great conundrum this though...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't doubt Mkhi's talent. I just don;t think he consistently produces during a match. There are huge gaps when he goes missing.
His pass to Iwobi was awesome for our goal... Then I forgot he was on the field for 30 minutes because he just disappeared.
Currently Lacazette is in more form... and therefore we put PEA on the wing and our number 7 on the bench.

I think it’s the case with a wide playmaker though, they don’t tend to get involved as much as say Özil would because he can stay central.

We said the same things about Nasri and Arshavin but in key moments they can be so good.

He was quality for our first goal launching the counter, then for the second PEA goal as well.

He offers a lot in front of the full back as well, I really like it when we play him with a proper winger on the other side.

Our best 45 this season imo was the first half against Chelsea, mistakes aside we absolutely shredded them, and he was vital to that.

Last edited:

And play who on the wing? We've been damn good with Laca up front. Your agenda is really starting show now.

I said in matchday thread yesterday that our front three should be.

Iwobi - Aubameyang / Lacazette - Özil

Implying it should be either Laca or Auba who ever is better. I even said in thread not long time ago that who ever is in better form of Laca and Auba should start. But by no means do I rate Auba on the wing. He is not a winger.

But **** it, scratch that. Doesn't fit my agenda. Drop Lacazette for the superior striker Aubameyang please and lets just have it.

Iwobi - Aubameyang - Özil

Even better. Sell Lacazette to Siberia while we are at it!

ThlRama

Player:Saka
But by no means do I rate Auba on the wing. He is not a winger.

The players either side of the AM in a 4-2-3-1 by no means have to be wingers, especially not both of them. That's one of the main differences between 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 ffs, this formation can be narrow and is ideal for accommodating inside forwards, wide playmakers and whatnot. 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 are more direct and wider formations and they do need forwards that happily hug the sideline until the final attacking phase or pure wingers respectively.

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
But **** it, scratch that. Doesn't fit my agenda. Drop Lacazette for the superior striker Aubameyang please and lets just have it.

Iwobi - Aubameyang - Özil

Even better. Sell Lacazette to Siberia while we are at it!
I know you like to troll but who do you think has performed better as CF between the two?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The players either side of the AM in a 4-2-3-1 by no means have to be wingers, especially not both of them. That's one of the main differences between 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 ffs, this formation can be narrow and is ideal for accommodating inside forwards, wide playmakers and whatnot. 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 are more direct and wider formations and they do need forwards that happily hug the byline until the final attacking phase or pure wingers respectively.
Another great point and why PEA will thrive on our wing particularly with laca's amazing linkup.
I know you like to troll but who do you think has performed better as CF between the two?
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom