• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Its not wrong. I actually even said it here that the likes of Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Can etc were right about the perfect players for Klopp's style when his appointment was about to be official. They were all physical dynamic players capable of pulling off his high intensity counter pressing including the creative attackers. Yeah, they didn't have wingers and those players you mention were squad players or players that needed replacing. Those things that went for him and against him Klopp didn't get it running straight away which is completely normal. This is what you fail to see for some strange reason with Arsenal.

It can take a long time to change player's mentalities and of the club as a whole depending on a lot of things. You don't understand this with Arsenal because you don't know the club and haven't experienced all that has happened for years. Its not some nothing Bundesliga outfit. And a club of Arsenal's stature in the PL under 2 decades of its greatest ever manager as well as a conservative and incompetent bunch of officials breaking away from it all to start in a new direction is a completely different and unique situation.

Single player quality isn't the sole defining factor but usually the major one and the players have to fit in with the manager's demands. Its not just about footballing qualities either but their physical and mental capacity and condition. Their potential to improve, learn and adapt.

Sorry but you're the one who needs to get a grip. Hans Vanaken is supposed to be a player we buy and can make a difference at Arsenal? :lol: Some clown manager who got sacked at Stuttgart is as good as Guardiola or something :lol: And Ramsey is a top player and supposed to work in central midfield because its in your fantasy but all the evidence of years against the ideas :lol: Where's your data and analysis or even regular simple common sense that should be enough to see through these ridiculous nonsense?

No Chelsea and Dortmund don't have perfect squads. Chelsea have a 2 time title winning squad though and managed by 3 top managers while their recruitment over the years have been at the top end. Its the same for Dortmund that their squad was assembled to be balanced with quality young players already but they made the wrong call on managers a few times. Yet they still had to make transfers like Witsel, Jorginho, Akanji etc. And no, it doesn't matter if you "believe" Xhaka is as good as Witsel or Jorginho and if Mustafi is on the same level as Akanji. Özil and Mkhitaryan aren't as good as Hazard or Reus either no matter what reputation they have or what fans "believe" or want to believe. The players actually have to be good enough for a certain quality of football, style and to get the desired results. And Chelsea and Dortmund have had their set up in place for years. The squad we built under the previous regime failed pretty evidently for a number of years so you have to acknowledge that. The new regime and the new manager will take time to shape their squad but Emery has still managed to improve as well get results despite all of this.

Well, if your data analysis and "quality" posts can't comprehend pretty basic common sense stuff and not grasp the uniqueness of each situation as a whole its pointless. What's the point if you can't seem to understand what's staring right at you.

Anyway, as you say, lets end this here.

I agree.

Our squad isn't good enough because there is a real lack of balance thanks to years of mismanagement from Wenger and the previous management team.
I think it's also overrall the weakest squad out of the current top 5.

And so fair we're still competing for a top 4 sport.

Oh and he needs to get his facts right. Most of Liverpool's games under klopp at the beginning were just a huge pain to watch except a few exceptions.

Emery isn't a wizard.
Our squad has obvious flaws and limitations.
And it's the squad that was basically "dead" last year. They all looked resigned. Most of them lost their confidence. They gave away so many games the moment we were under pressure.
This season it's a lot better in this regards. The atmosphere around the squad is very good. You can see they're enjoying themselves.
Players like Cech / Iwobi / Welbeck / Holding / Mustafi / Xhaka / Lacazette got way better under Unai.

And we don't have an owner who's ready to match our competitors' spending to revamp the squad.

Mislintat has been doing a great job so far especilly with the Leno / Guendouzi / Torreira. Great players. Great bargains.
If he keeps finding those gems, then who knows?

Even Wenger used to say that the best way to come back from a crisis and a lack of confidence is to focus on doing simple things and the basics right, and win games, no matter how.
And this is what is happening right now.
You can't solve the crisis we were in, in a summer with a £70M spending (when our competitors spend that amount on a GK) and 6 months.

The way we play right now doesn't really matter, I mean not yet.
Results are far more important. Getting our confidence back. Creating a hype around our squad and manager which is going to help us attract better players.
It's a tough and long process. And so fair I think it's pretty good.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
How in the hell is Emery expected to fix the structure of the defense in 3-4 months when Wenger couldn't do it for 5 ****ing years or more?

We've all seen how Cech struggled playing from the back, making mistakes, causing our defense to scramble to cover them up, and giving up easy goals. We still have Mustafi leading the middle whose prone to making 3-4 gaffes per game. We've had Xhaka playing LB at times, ffs. We've had Gendouzi playing next to Xhaka for the first month of the season. Our RB is playing offense almost exclusively due to the lack of balance in the squad from missing wingers.

I can't imagine being critical of Emery not fixing the structure or balance of the team when he inherited a mess.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
The right man for the job. Tottanham's best players, Kane and Eriksen, were anonymous and probably their third best, Son, was rendered anonymous in the second-half. World-class in-game management.

pacstud

Though the honeymoon will invariably end when we hit a tough patch, it is manifestly clear that we nailed the hire and Emery is the right man.

Superb manager.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Looked like we were going to lose our heads after dominating them for so long, but we then managed to regroup and continue dominating the game, very impressive.. Our best performance of the season, this and the Liverpool game have been so encouraging and the fact we're playing so well in the big games gives me a lot of hope we're about to start dominating the smaller teams too..

Brilliant subs again to address our problems from 1st half.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great result, and Emery has done a great job, but imagine what he could do if he could figure out how to have a good first half.

Iwobi and Mkhi have to drop to the bench soon. These guys are killing us.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

When asked if this was his best day at Arsenal he responded:

'The best day was the day I signed here'.

giphy.gif

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We've never been all over Tottenham like we did today since Pochettino is their coach.
This is the Tottenham team who was on form and has destroyed chelsea last week.
And once again he's made the perfect subs.

He's a great coach...

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still quite baffled by some of his decisions, but he is quite good with the majority of them..

ThlRama

Player:Saka
We've never been all over Tottenham like we did today since Pochettino is their coach.

Yep, our last few victories came in much closer games. And this is probably the best Tottenham team since Pochettino joined too, annoyingly consistent and right about now they had hit their best form and started playing good as well, they made Chelsea look like a pub team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think he signed for the right club no
presuure of delivering CL trophy or League trophy every year he'll have much time to rebuild and bring the players he'd want. Im not surprised he loving it here a classy manager

nick gould

I take my hat off to our coach. He got the players so fired up. He is willing to take risks in his substitutions and boy did it pay. I had some doubts at the time but he showed why he is our coach and I am a mere fan. Loved today.

progman07

Established Member
Great result, and Emery has done a great job, but imagine what he could do if he could figure out how to have a good first half.

Iwobi and Mkhi have to drop to the bench soon. These guys are killing us.
It was a great first half, we were just not good enough in front of goal. I can't remember a Sp**s attack from the first 15 minutes. They got lucky with their goals, and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom