• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I dunno I just think most decent keepers would of done the same thing there, he sees the bad touch and reacts. Maybe I'm just jealous.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Famous last words and all that, but I honestly think both results tonight were for the best. Didn't want either Sp**s or Liverpool dropping down to the EL and I don't think either are good enough to win the CL so they're going out eventually.

HBL

Established Member
Barca
Sp**s
Dortmund
Atletico
PSG
Liverpool
Schalke
Porto
Real Madrid
Roma
Juve
United
City
Lyon
Bayern
Ajax

Not a chance United/Sp**s get past the quarters unless they get an extremely favourable draw. I'd only back them to win against 4 or 5 of those teams over two legs.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Inter isn't better than Sp**s.They would lose to any almost team in next round.Liverpool is better than Napoli.More competitive CL on spring.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Famous last words and all that, but I honestly think both results tonight were for the best. Didn't want either Sp**s or Liverpool dropping down to the EL and I don't think either are good enough to win the CL so they're going out eventually.

UEFA coefficient and all of tha'

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Barca
Sp**s
Dortmund
Atletico
PSG
Liverpool
Schalke
Porto
Real Madrid
Roma
Juve
United
City
Lyon
Bayern
Ajax

Not a chance United/Sp**s get past the quarters unless they get an extremely favourable draw. I'd only back them to win against 4 or 5 of those teams over two legs.

Only Porto looks quite easy from POT 1.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean Porto aside all those teams should beat the English ones. I’m resigned to Utd getting Porto though.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
I'm not entirely certain why people are worried about England's coefficient here. There's really nothing to worry about. England are second, they aren't dropping to 5th anytime soon and there's a guaranteed 4 places in the CL.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I gotta say, it's funny how qualifying for the knockout stages of the CL is seen as a massive achievement for some clubs, whereas we used to do it every season and didn't get any credit for it whatsoever.
It’s almost as if the fact we did qualify every season was the reason we weren’t given credit for it (until the latter part of Wenger’s tenure when it was occasionally mentioned how we qualified every year). Expectation to qualify became the norm.

Also, Pool’s and Spud’s groups were tough tbf, probably the two toughest groups drawn, and they qualified on the last day from a disadvantageous position, so I expected the plaudits would go their way, especially considering they are the two media darlings in England.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I gotta say, it's funny how qualifying for the knockout stages of the CL is seen as a massive achievement for some clubs, whereas we used to do it every season and didn't get any credit for it whatsoever.

EPL was at peak at that time and expetations were bigger from us.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
If we didn't get progressively worse to the point of tragic in the knock out rounds then perhaps it might have been highlighted more. Getting out the group was hardly a huge achievement as normally 2 of the teams were Europa standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom