• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He will fill that Ramsey role had against Chelsea perfectly. Can’t wait until this is done!
Don`t think Suarez could have done the amount of defensive work Ramsey did yesterday. He was important when we won the ball high up the pitch and forced errors from the Chelsea-players, espcially at the beginning and stopped Jorginho from controlling play.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Don`t think Suarez could have done the amount of defensive work Ramsey did yesterday. He was important when we won the ball high up the pitch and forced errors from the Chelsea-players, espcially at the beginning and stopped Jorginho from controlling play.
Suarez can and will press as well, he's very much an Emery player if you will. But he also offers more creativity and dribbling skills than Ramsey does, which is very much needed when you have Lacazette and Aubameyang in front.

Our performance against Chelsea was great but I think we have the potential to be even better with Suarez's creativity/technical skills added to the side.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Suarez can and will press as well, he's very much an Emery player if you will. But he also offers more creativity and dribbling skills than Ramsey does, which is very much needed when you have Lacazette and Aubameyang in front.

Our performance against Chelsea was great but I think we have the potential to be even better with Suarez's creativity/technical skills added to the side.
Hopefully he can. Like you say he will certainly add some much needed creativity and security on the ball at the very least.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not really, as Savic isn’t a wonder kid. He plays regularly. So there’s no reason to class him as a wonder kid as we know what he’s capable of. Unlike Suarez who barely plays.

Also I said extend Ramsey which won’t happen but I didn’t mention signing Savic in January.

It’s not wish list stuff. Realistically Arsenal Should be looking at higher calibre players than Denis Suarez or inexpensive players with more potential.

Was signing Özil, Lacazette, Sanchez & Aubameyang wish list stuff ? You at least need a wish list to identify targets. Signing players like Suarez leads me to believe we will be a Europa league team

Well, Milinkovic-Savic was one of the stars of the 2015 U-20 World Cup when Lazio signed him from Genk. And there were reports just yesterday that Real Madrid was willing to pay €160 million for him. Arsenal will have some money to spend in the summer, but I don't think it's realistic to think they'll be shopping on Rodeo Drive. Özil, Lacazette, Alexis and Aubameyang were relative bargains.

Also, Arsenal has to think about the present as well as the future. Denis Suarez may not be a sexy name to most fans, but he's actually a very good player. Not everyone on your team needs to be a galactico. Even Real Madrid doesn't do that anymore. If Emery thinks Denis can help shore up the team for a run at the top 4 and Europa League, I can't think of any reason to oppose this. Arsenal needs to make it back into the Champions League this year in order to maximize their financial muscle and be able to compete for the sort of players you want them to sign.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

is this still on?

Looking like it could be a deadline day job where both clubs come to an agreement just before the 11th hour. Players wants to come, we want the player, Barcelona want to get rid (albeit they want to be guaranteed we'll end up paying for him), there's too many forces pushing for this for it to end up not happening I believe. I suppose there is a slight possibility it might just get delayed till summer but I think it's more likely to get done in this window.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The fact that Denis was left out of Barcelona's 24-man squad for Leganes today would seem to indicate that it's getting very close. Of course for those who go in for such things I suppose his sitting around "liking" posts about Arsenal on social media yesterday might be seen as a clue as well.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Hope this deal is only with the option to buy. I believe this deal is the possible area of contention between sven, as they are signing him without his blessing as falls outside of his transfer plans.

an option to buy gives us the best of both. If it doesn't work out Sven still has his budget and if it does then Sven can also give it the green light.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This guy isn't good enough to warrant such a long and tedious transfer saga. Not saying he might not be good, just you need to be bloody good to get away with making people wait this long.

Leeroy1979

If we can wangle a loan with an option to buy get it done. I think he'll improve us. The fact elneny was on the bench yesterday and came shows we need more depth at least (I like his work rate and honesty but he's not good enough for what we need) get Suarez in then focus on getting benatia or rugani as part of the Ramsey deal this month. Kos (rolled back the years) and sokratis were impressive yesterday but we need another cb. You never know, if we wrap these up soon enough there may actually be time before the deadline to see if there is a rb available to loan lol

Wish we'd be serious for once and sign players who we actually need like Zaha and get this done with! Someone else in the PL will get him and it'll be the Mane, Harzard situation with wishes and horses all over again! Of course I wouldn't mind Denis too

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Wish we'd be serious for once and sign players who we actually need like Zaha and get this done with! Someone else in the PL will get him and it'll be the Mane, Harzard situation with wishes and horses all over again! Of course I wouldn't mind Denis too

Do you really think Palace would send Zaha to Arsenal on loan this month? It's the only way Arsenal could get him now.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Denis would add a lot of quality to our midfield. In Wenger’s latter years we came away from having a **** tonne of technicians.

I remember our front line was Poldi-Giroud-Walcott for a couple of games, all I could think of was man, I miss the old wide playmaker/ direct forward pairing.

Players like Suarez can play the Arsenal way- I want our football to be the best in the country again.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Denis would add a lot of quality to our midfield. In Wenger’s latter years we came away from having a **** tonne of technicians.

I remember our front line was Poldi-Giroud-Walcott for a couple of games, all I could think of was man, I miss the old wide playmaker/ direct forward pairing.

Players like Suarez can play the Arsenal way- I want our football to be the best in the country again.

He's a glorified Winks mate.

Highgate

Whatever he would add, Özil can do it ten times better, this would-be one of the most pointless signings we could make.

If we're going to play the diomond, Özil or Ramsey should play behind the strikers. If we're using 433 we need another winger. Remember we've got mikhitarian as well, who is a better better version of Suarez.

Just get a quality winger imo, and I'd like us to get another cm, Suarez is neither

Do you really think Palace would send Zaha to Arsenal on loan this month? It's the only way Arsenal could get him now.
Cos not. Just saying that we should seriously have a look at him or another pacy winger in the future or (summer) rather than regret mid next season when they have been taken by other PL teams and are taking the league by storm!
I really hope we sign Denis as a Ramsey replacement (CM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom