• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Pedro? ETO’O? really?

Pedro was a key player for Chelsea when they won the league a couple of years ago. Eto'o left Barcelona and led Inter Milan to both Serie A and Champions League titles. So yes, really.

Eto, Fabregas, Toure and to an extent also Alexis played their part in some brilliant Barcelona-teams. Suarez has never done that.

Which is completely immaterial since I was just listing Barcelona castoffs who went on to play roles for clubs contending for Champions League spots. That said, Suarez did quite well after his return to Barcelona under Enrique, but has not been favored by Valverde. It doesn't mean he's not a good player any more than it means Malcom (who was equally part of this conversation) is a bad player.

AeNwT

If "Lazio fans have turned on" Milinkovic-Savic, wouldn't that then be the definition of signing a wonder kid after the shine wears off? The fact that both the Serbian's agent and the Lazio president have said he won't move in January aside, I don't think the nearly £100 million Lazio will want for him in the summer quite fits Arsenal's budget. Wish list stuff.

Not really, as Savic isn’t a wonder kid. He plays regularly. So there’s no reason to class him as a wonder kid as we know what he’s capable of. Unlike Suarez who barely plays.

Also I said extend Ramsey which won’t happen but I didn’t mention signing Savic in January.

It’s not wish list stuff. Realistically Arsenal Should be looking at higher calibre players than Denis Suarez or inexpensive players with more potential.

Was signing Özil, Lacazette, Sanchez & Aubameyang wish list stuff ? You at least need a wish list to identify targets. Signing players like Suarez leads me to believe we will be a Europa league team

Highgate

I don't rate Denis Suarez. I think we need a playmaker as Özil is clearly not in Emery's plans, but Denis Suarez isn't that guy, completely average player.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It will be a nice boost to bring in a fresh player in Jan who has a lot of energy and wants to prove himself. I will be surprised if Suarez doesnt have a good spell here especially considering his ties to Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom