• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gursha

LOL de Ligt is way way way over our price range.
The only thing we can offer him that will be an advantage over other clubs is play time.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He brought Auba, Mkhi and Sokratis over here. Wonder who he’ll take with him to bayern
Would be amazing if all along it was just a ploy from Bayern just to be able to sign Dortmund players.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So, apparently Frannie Cagigao will become chief scout. He found Cesc Fabregas, Hector Bellerin and others for Arsenal. He also recommended Cesc's 15-year-old teammate, a little kid called Messi, but Arsenal was unable to sign him. Really has a great eye for young footballers.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
JxSAj1l.png

Gursha

So, apparently Frannie Cagigao will become chief scout. He found Cesc Fabregas, Hector Bellerin and others for Arsenal. He also recommended Cesc's 15-year-old teammate, a little kid called Messi, but Arsenal was unable to sign him. Really has a great eye for young footballers.
Hope again?

Guys we are Arsenal fans, lets overhype this guy as better than sven even tho he was at the club all these years!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great that he brought us Torreira, Sokratis & Douzy but he did also bring in Lichtsteiner, 75% success rate. Onwards and upwards! Next!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Hope again?

Guys we are Arsenal fans, lets overhype this guy as better than sven even tho he was at the club all these years!

From The Daily Mail's article Meet the Most Important People You've Never Heard of at Top Premier League Clubs, Oct. 21, 2018:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-21-at-9-42-07-AM.png

Also, nobody said he was "better than Sven." But the sky is not falling there, Chicken Little.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Dude has not done **** for us in years. Sven is a big loss for us.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Dude has not done **** for us in years. Sven is a big loss for us.

How the hell do you know what he's done? And nobody said that Sven isn't a big loss (although, as I've said before, if he and Sanllehi don't share the same vision it's better to get on with it now). Whatever you may think of Cagigao, he's the one who reportedly will step in as chief scout. You're just going to have to live with that.

neimad

Does anyone know how much Sven was on wages wise?

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a cost-cutting element to this as it seems odd that we are suddenly promoting from within now. Surely if this Frannie guy was thought of so highly of he would have got this position originally.

Sammy1887

How the hell do you know what he's done? And nobody said that Sven isn't a big loss (although, as I've said before, if he and Sanllehi don't share the same vision it's better to get on with it now). Whatever you may think of Cagigao, he's the one who reportedly will step in as chief scout. You're just going to have to live with that.

I forgot the part where he unearthed a lot of gems in the recent years. Perhaps you know more than all of us.

Sammy1887

Does anyone know how much Sven was on wages wise?

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a cost-cutting element to this as it seems odd that we are suddenly promoting from within now. Surely if this Frannie guy was thought of so highly of he would have got this position originally.

Papering over the cracks mate.

BobP

Memri Fan
From what I can gather, Raul didn't think Mislintat had the relevant experience to be promoted to TD. Mislintat wasn't stoked regarding the dilution of his position at the club, as he'd be reduced to a glorified scout, who was answerable to a TD.

I suppose what the club is looking for is someone who can facilitate long-term strategy and continuity independent of a manager's remit with the team, a unifying vision if you will.

Could Mislintat have filled that role? He was head of professional football at Dortmund but I'm not sure how much weight that carries, considering the fact that Kehl, a relative novice, replaced Mislintat. The Zorc-Watzke nexus is where the true power lies at that club, as evidenced by their continued success. Mislintat has the recruiting side of things down pat, but there isn't much to suggest that he could do the other stuff expected of a TD.

At the end of the day though, one can only blame Gazidis. He obviously had some sort of structure in mind but the fact that he didn't stay long enough to see it through is incredibly disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom