• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

It really doesn't. We actually went up a level when Özil was subbed off last night and Mikhi came on...

Yes fresg legs came on. Very good subs from Emery.

But our form through Dec-Jan without Özil was worse than its now so Im drawing thr conclusion thay involving one of our best players more with the team has give us better results!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes fresg legs came on. Very good subs from Emery.

But our form through Dec-Jan without Özil was worse than its now so Im drawing thr conclusion thay involving one of our best players more with the team has give us better results!
I agree he has made a difference in games. I think he's been up and down still though. Last night he wasn't fantastic but he kept it moving. I think the team have pulled themselves out of the slump. Ramsey been playing out of his skin recently and so has mihki.
Definitely makes sense to include Mesut though. He offers something few other players ever could.

I agree he has made a difference in games. I think he's been up and down still though. Last night he wasn't fantastic but he kept it moving. I think the team have pulled themselves out of the slump. Ramsey been playing out of his skin recently and so has mihki.
Definitely makes sense to include Mesut though. He offers something few other players ever could.

He worked hard. I think for Özil its now to find a balance to do the tactical work Emery requires of his players and then play his natural game.

Im just glad he is involved more because I think we can always use Özil as starter or from bench!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He worked hard. I think for Özil its now to find a balance to do the tactical work Emery requires of his players and then play his natural game.

Im just glad he is involved more because I think we can always use Özil as starter or from bench!
Think he's been making very good runs but Kolasinac cannot make the right pass. Saw this multiple times yesterday.

It's the same for Iwobi. Kolasinac is the designated player who will overlap and cut back. This often leaves out the Iwobi and Özil out of the final phase.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he can’t make an impression, get his foot in the ball and influence a match against a bunch of mugs whose only intentions were to try and reduce us to ten men for the entire duration of the match, then this world class player has something wrong between the ears.

Last edited:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
To be honest I don't think Özil would've made a difference during the bad patch. It was a normal dip in form from all the players and was expected. Özil doesn't do much when players around him are not producing.

For what is worth I think it is a blessing in disguise that he was omitted from the squad back then because the backlash would be unreal.

LG10

Özil fanboys somehow spinning yesterdays and sundays disastrous performances in a positive light. At this point you've just gotta admire the commitment to the cause.

Ramsey is the difference maker once again

progman07

Established Member
Özil fanboys somehow spinning yesterdays and sundays disastrous performances in a positive light. At this point you've just gotta admire the commitment to the cause.

Ramsey is the difference maker once again
I wonder why people need to create fake agendas, like Özil fanboys vs Emery fanboys.

Can't it be that people have more complex thoughts than either being an Özil fanboy or hating him?

LG10

I wonder why people need to create fake agendas, like Özil fanboys vs Emery fanboys.

Can't it be that people have more complex thoughts than either being an Özil fanboy or hating him?
Quite clear that Özil fanboys are a thing, the praise he's been getting for mediocre performances proves this. I was one of them when he was actually good but its clear we need to move him on for the betterment of the team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

They're just harmless labels. A bit of fun. However the fact of the matter is those that aren't afraid to criticise Özil are far more objective and unbiased. You only have to read some of the hopeless arguments put up in his defence in the last few pages, and how they've been taken apart. I've felt embarrassed for the posters to be honest. Not often I feel that for strangers on forums. It's been a slaughter.

As for Emery, again, just pathetic. Man was in charge for 5 months and the SAME posters (oh, no coincidence at all) were sticking knives in. Now we're in the QF and sit in 3rd, a point of Sp**s, and looking a good bet for 4th with, yes, you've guessed it, Özil actually seeing minutes *and doing sweet **** all, it has to be said), they're singing his praises. It's so false. Shameless stuff.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Quite clear that Özil fanboys are a thing, the praise he's been getting for mediocre performances proves this. I was one of them when he was actually good but its clear we need to move him on for the betterment of the team.
And then there’s also some deranged, raging Özil haters who wanted to lynch him for posting training pictures on his social media while claiming to be completely objective and unbiased on here :lol:.

The best thing to do would be to nuke the thread and throw away the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom