• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kostas Manolas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

He is slow, lacks agility, he can't recover, he isn't that good on the ball. Quite frankly he is a midtable player. Keeping him would make no sense considering that we can sell him and recoup good money to invest.

He's actually very good on the ball mate, that's probably the one thing that he has going for him as a CB. He wouldn't have been able to play two full seasons at CM out on loan otherwise.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Manolas is no Van Dijk, he wouldn't transform us in the way VVD transformed Liverpool. He's probably more like a better version of Sokratis. It'd be a nice partnership for 2-3 seasons, but not a title-winning partnership.

This squad isn't winning the league any time soon, so how do you get the squad from here to a place where it can win the league? I like the idea of Manolas actually, it'd be a lot of fun watching him next to Sokratis, but unfortunately you don't get there this way. You probably get there by buying someone like Konate or Saliba.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Manolas is no Van Dijk, he wouldn't transform us in the way VVD transformed Liverpool. He's probably more like a better version of Sokratis. It'd be a nice partnership for 2-3 seasons, but not a title-winning partnership.

This squad isn't winning the league any time soon, so how do you get the squad from here to a place where it can win the league? I like the idea of Manolas actually, it'd be a lot of fun watching him next to Sokratis, but unfortunately you don't get there this way. You probably get there by buying someone like Konate or Saliba.

We get closer by buying proven proper age CB who will replace Mustafi. We don't have money for "Van Dijk's" this year.

Next year we can replace Koscielny with top top CB, especially if we get UCL. It's a process.

Some teenager as CB (who is quite expensive) as only buy is not an option for Arsenal caliber team. At least not a sane one.

Davison Sanchez for Tottenham wasn't as young and was more proven than Saliba and still he has made quite many mistakes, which is understandable.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I thought he was excellent at Southampton, especially in his final season. Was top class, just underrated for some reason.
point was, whoever we want to buy, argument is always "he's not going to raise our D like Van Dijk". No one knows, no one knew, let's argue it without making it a fact

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wanted Manolas instead of Sokratis but signing him now seems a bit late in the day. I'd rather get someone for the future now who can be bedded in as a sub and occasional starter, rather than have to do another rebuild in two years. From 2020 we might have Hector, Holding,young CB and young LB playing in front of Leno for five years.

drippin

I wanted Manolas instead of Sokratis but signing him now seems a bit late in the day. I'd rather get someone for the future now who can be bedded in as a sub and occasional starter, rather than have to do another rebuild in two years. From 2020 we might have Hector, Holding,young CB and young LB playing in front of Leno for five years.

Manolas is 28 in the summer. He could play 5 years in Arsenal. It is total nonsense that players or especially CB's become useless over 30 or so. CB's are in their prime at 28-32 in my view. Enough experience and great physicality.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Manolas is 28 in the summer. He could play 5 years in Arsenal. It is total nonsense that players or especially CB's become useless over 30 or so. CB's are in their prime at 28-32 in my view. Enough experience and great physicality.
Yes he could play for 5 years but I've just gone off him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yes he could play for 5 years but I've just gone off him.
I've never been crazy about Manolas to be honest. Never looked at him and thought he'd take us up a level. He's not bad at all, mind, so it's not a signing I'd be upset about but I'm rather........ambivalent about bringing him in. More excited about Saliba, he could be really, really good.

drippin

I've never been crazy about Manolas to be honest. Never looked at him and thought he'd take us up a level. He's not bad at all, mind, so it's not a signing I'd be upset about but I'm rather........ambivalent about bringing him in. More excited about Saliba, he could be really, really good.

Of course its easy to be excited about such a prospect. I think similar to Slartibartfast, that buying both of these would be the best. I'm very excited to get rid of Mustafi and getting someone who is proven and isn't very likely as idiotic. Anyone can fail in EPL of course.

But you can compare Saliba to Davison Sanchez (very highly rated) and see that for Arsenal it is highly likely a bad scenario to trust such an inexperienced player much straight away. Did Saliba have half a season this far at men's games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom