• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Should be given another season. Not because he was so convincing but just for the fact that manger changes need time. For me it was always two seasons minimum regardless of the first year results, no matter who we brought in. However, since this season showed very little promise, next season is last chance. It's back to the CL or bust. And back to the CL through Europa League with poor PL success won't do. It needs to be overall convincing campaign.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Right I felt I gave him a full season of unconditional support which is the least a new manager deserves, but now I can be honest. He's an absolute coward of the highest order. Cannot believe that bald **** Gazidis bottled appointing Arteta for this. Maybe he can have him at Milan.
Nice to know that even the Emery ultras had to fake it all season. Knew he didn’t really have that many fans

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Right I felt I gave him a full season of unconditional support which is the least a new manager deserves, but now I can be honest. He's an absolute coward of the highest order.

source.gif

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

He’s had a disastrous end to the season but fans using the Wenger was less terrible argument is hilarious
If we were serious I’d say we should sack him to send out a message. But then again that message wouldn’t make sense when we give managers £40m to work with

juice man

Can't make his mind up
It wasn't a failed project, it was actually very successful one. That project kept us close to the top for years against all odds. I'm tired of explaining that to people who don't even try to understand it
No, I think you're the one that doesn't understand. We were talking about a go-forward model for the club. The youth project served its purpose of paying off stadium debt. Unless we plan on building a new stadium or giving Kroenke some extra walking around money, I don't know why we would adopt that model again.

Fallout

my main concern is i dont see any tactical improvement.

when we play with 5 defenders, we are very inconsistent in our buildup and we mostly create danger from the wingbacks. i dont know why emery insists on using that formation, it's not even solid defensively!

if it's more of the same next season, then i'll have lost trust.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, we need Youth Project mkII.

Emery wants more energy and intensity? Needs to get guys like Saka, Willock and Nelson in there. He also needs to recruit smart. Bring in characters in the 20-23 bracket who fit the profile needed. Ditch 3 at the back - can't press with it, can't attack good with it.

I'm willing to give Emery the benefit of the doubt and say that he doesn't have the personnel in the first team. But it's really up to the rest of the backroom staff to make sure that we recruit smart AND we bring in some more youngsters. As of now, the entire first team needs surgery and some of the recruitments will have to be from within.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No, I think you're the one that doesn't understand. We were talking about a go-forward model for the club. The youth project served its purpose of paying off stadium debt. Unless we plan on building a new stadium or giving Kroenke some extra walking around money, I don't know why we would adopt that model again.
It is you who said that youth project was a failure but now you are saying that it served it's purpose...
Youth project would be different now as we don't need to sell our best youngsters and we can add top quality players in mid 20's to that team.
If a team of young hungry players combined with some top quality players is not a go-forward model then explain what is it?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Kroenkes being there or not is irrelevant. They've set the board room agenda. The summer tells us if they care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom