• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s under immense pressure now, a bad start to next season and he’s in trouble. I have some sympathies, this is a hard job.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Freddie? Arteta.
Could be. He's a bigger unknown than Freddie though, I've seen a Freddie Ljungberg team set-up and play in the flesh (albeit U23) - not seen an Arteta team set-up yet.

Sol just got promoted at Macclesfield as well...
Sol would love that too - I need to see a Macclesfield game though! To at least get an idea of what kind of football we'd get.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
People here are crazy.

Unai has done very well this season. The only criticism I have of him is crystal palace. But then again what do expect with mustafi in the team.

We've been devestated by some ill timed injuries. Holding, bellerin, were excellent on our unbeaten run, both lost to long term injuries. No doubt it impacted the team.

Additionally Emery been given a hugely unbalanced sqaud with players that aren't good enough and a tiny budget to spend in the summer. Leno, sokratis and torreria have all come in and out performed our more extablished players.

I hope the board give Emery their full backing get rid of the deadwood he doesn't want and find players who fit in to the style of player and the right attitude.

Next season is the time to judge Emery.

However my biggest concern isnt with Emery it's with the boards lack of spending, I expect Everton to make moves up the table with huge spending power and now the Newcastle take over! We've got a lot to worry about.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

He’s under immense pressure now, a bad start to next season and he’s in trouble. I have some sympathies, this is a hard job.

A bad start to next season and we’re all in trouble. Can see us now scrambling around for a caretaker manager in November. Some poor sod coming in and having to work with crap players signed during the summer. Think I’ll just write next season off.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Could be. He's a bigger unknown than Freddie though, I've seen a Freddie Ljungberg team set-up and play in the flesh (albeit U23) - not seen an Arteta team set-up yet.

Sol would love that too - I need to see a Macclesfield game though! To at least get an idea of what kind of football we'd get.

Meant they got out of the drop zone actually haha.

Lots of long ball and crossing from wide which is standard for the level but he’s got them doing good things on the counter.

They win the ball high and there’s lots of willing runners then.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
People here are crazy.

Unai has done very well this season. The only criticism I have of him is crystal palace. But then again what do expect with mustafi in the team.

We've been devestated by some ill timed injuries. Holding, bellerin, were excellent on our unbeaten run, both lost to long term injuries. No doubt it impacted the team.

Additionally Emery been given a hugely unbalanced sqaud with players that aren't good enough and a tiny budget to spend in the summer. Leno, sokratis and torreria have all come in and out performed our more extablished players.

I hope the board give Emery their full backing get rid of the deadwood he doesn't want and find players who fit in to the style of player and the right attitude.

Next season is the time to judge Emery.

However my biggest concern isnt with Emery it's with the boards lack of spending, I expect Everton to make moves up the table with huge spending power and now the Newcastle take over! We've got a lot to worry about.
We've played quite bad football over the season to be fair. Like I said, I'm willing to put that down to personnel but even Wenger's last season - as TERRIBLE as it was - we were much more threatening in his attack.

I'm concerned that with Emery preferring a chameleon team, we're going to lack a framework of either attack or defense as a philosophy and strategy moving forward. I still say another season, then at the end we can say whether to sack him or not. We'll see. I can't really argue too much with people who want him gone now though, because I think we've belied the stats with unusually good finishing.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would give him another season. We don't want to become another club who just kicks out managers until they win something. He came close to top 4 and close to the EL/CL, unless Klopp insists on managing us next season, Emery should stay.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Meant they got out of the drop zone actually haha.

Lots of long ball and crossing from wide which is standard for the level but he’s got them doing good things on the counter.

They win the ball high and there’s lots of willing runners then.
Interesting. Sol's growth as a coach will be very interesting.

Definitely would stand behind Ljungberg as coach knows the system, how we want to play in depth knowledge of our youth system (doesn't need to pretend to know), hope we see him as assistant or head coach some time.
The U23s played really good football. A few teething problems with some of the newer 1st and 2nd years when it came to defensive positioning, but they were good overall. The movement was excellent, the passing was constructed very well too, and they had 2 very quick wide men in Saka and Amaechi.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its normal in modern football if next season start badly and find ourselves far from top 4 he is gone before Christmas

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Even if there is an argument that he deserves one more season, what really gets me is that if this was any other club the pressure would be well and truly on now after the recent form. But at this ****ing club they'll just continue on as if nothing happened.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We've played quite bad football over the season to be fair. Like I said, I'm willing to put that down to personnel but even Wenger's last season - as TERRIBLE as it was - we were much more threatening in his attack.

I'm concerned that with Emery preferring a chameleon team, we're going to lack a framework of either attack or defense as a philosophy and strategy moving forward. I still say another season, then at the end we can say whether to sack him or not. We'll see. I can't really argue too much with people who want him gone now though, because I think we've belied the stats with unusually good finishing.

Emery just doesn't have the right players right now for his philosophy.

A bit like wenger last season and the 2017 fa cup season, he switched to a far more pragmatic style just to get the results.

He wants to be playing 4213. But when you don't have the wingers nor th energy in midfield along with a passager as a no.10 in Özil, what are you suppose to do?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Emery just doesn't have the right players right now for his philosophy.

A bit like wenger last season and the 2017 fa cup season, he switched to a far more pragmatic style just to get the results.

He wants to be playing 4213. But when you don't have the wingers nor th energy in midfield along with a passager as a no.10 in Özil, what are you suppose to do?
I hear that - but I guess the worry is who exactly are the right players? We can pontificate but it's really all up to the recruitment - and it's possible that in the absence of a technical director that Emery will have a big say. I would like some more athleticism but I'd also like to see some more youth and technical ability.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Willock showed more in 15mins the Özil did the whole game. We've got some quality youngsters coming through ERS, willock, saka, Would definitely like to see them get more playing time next season. I want to see something being built.

I hear you on the atlethicism side. We seriously need a clear out. I hope we can get decent amounts of xhaka, mustafi, el neney and even kola. Also if we can get Özil off the books that would be a huge achievement.

I'd then love for us to get a proper athletic CM as well as two wingers zyiech and zaha both together would be a dream as well as a young high ceiling CB.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
People need to keep in mind klopp didn't get too four in his first season either. Give Unai time to build.

*bangs head against wall*

Dalglish, Hodgson, Rodgers.

Three managers who all failed at Liverpool before Klopp took over. Liverpool didn't hang on to failing managers to give them "time to build". They sacked their managers until they got the right man for the job.

I won't even touch how many managers failed at Sp**s before Pochettino got the job.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Looks like the skepticism earlier in the season was warranted.

There aren't all too many positives to take from this season tbh. Bottled top 4. Got comprehensively beaten in the EL final when it was our last chance at CL. Haven't developed a new identity. Haven't blooded our youth in. Even on an entertainment level, we haven't looked appealing. It's been a disappointment, and nothing indicates that next season will be any better.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
People need to keep in mind klopp didn't get too four in his first season either. Give Unai time to build.

Unai should get the next season, but it’s worth noting that Klopp is probably the second best manager in the world. Is Emery even top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom