• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,406

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Lots of talk that we cant have a major clear out but its not totally unheard of

Even going through to summer 2006 we lost Campbell, Cole, Pires, Reyes, Bergkamp. Vieira left summer before. That squad changed so quickly over the two year period following unbeaten run.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We'd be better served clearing out the deadwood this season & promoting the reserves. Leave the rebuilding for the next manager who'll undoubtedly be unveiled in June 2020.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
AdobeStock_70305659_WM.jpeg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It was always been Fraser plus young guy like Alexis or some south american if we are in europa.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I agree so much.

They're just using lack of CL as an excuse. It's not like we were ambitious in the market when we were in the CL. We were happy to send a team to get slaughtered by 5 goals and playing Sanogo as our CF in germany :drool:

This.

When is it going to dawn on people that it doesn't matter whether we're in CL? The BoD run this club like a pension fund, the complete antithesis to how a top European cash rich club like Arsenal should be run - aggressive, ambitious and willing to take risks.

The disinformation campaign by the club's mouthpieces such as Ornstein has indoctrinated almost the entire fan base to think we have the spending power of Bourenmouth :lol:

You only have to look at the staggering amount of money we've left on the table from poor decisions RE: player contracts - Alexis and Ramsey alone could have fetched us at least £100m combined; the staggeringly high wage bill which was > £230m last season.

One thing to please note - the reported '£40m' budget is actual cash outlay for new players, people continually forget this fact. So if we purchased a Zaha for £70m, we are not paying £70m in one hit! Almost no club has the liquidity to pay that amount straight up front.

Our budget is probably closer to £100m.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This.

When is it going to dawn on people that it doesn't matter whether we're in CL? The BoD run this club like a pension fund, the complete antithesis to how a top European cash rich club like Arsenal should be run - aggressive, ambitious and willing to take risks.

The disinformation campaign by the club's mouthpieces such as Ornstein has indoctrinated almost the entire fan base to think we have the spending power of Bourenmouth :lol:

You only have to look at the staggering amount of money we've left on the table from poor decisions RE: player contracts - Alexis and Ramsey alone could have fetched us at least £100m combined; the staggeringly high wage bill which was > £230m last season.

One thing to please note - the reported '£40m' budget is actual cash outlay for new players, people continually forget this fact. So if we purchased a Zaha for £70m, we are not paying £70m in one hit! Almost no club has the liquidity to pay that amount straight up front.

Our budget is probably closer to £100m.

No one ever gets this, ever.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I've lost count at the amount of times I've had to explain this :lol:

Yeah it's frustrating, but amusing as well. Few player sales and we'll still have a decent budget, just not a budget for the likes of Zaha and other top players.

We can still have a decent window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom