• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

GDeep™

League is very weak
What am I seeing that you guys aren’t? Auba and Laca have nearly a non existent impact of games with their play. Add Carrasco and you have a poor front three.

Ideally you sign two good footballers and play Auba through the middle.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Maguire, Chilwell, Ndiddi, Maddison, Vardy, maybe Tielmans etc. Will all start here.

That’s 6 players. God knows who else they’ll sign.

Maguire, good but not that good. Granted, better than our current options.

Chilwell is a very good player.

Ndidi is actually a good shout as well.

You're calling Auba and Laca limited and bring up Vardy? Good player tho. Wouldn't start here.

Tielemans looks good. But was pure crap at Monaco so need to see a full season in the prem with him to judge

This does not, however, make Leicester a better team than my lineup. It is true that teams like Foxes and Wolves are mighty impressive tho

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Andersen Kolasinac/New
Xhaka Torreira Praet
Aubameyang Laca Carrasco

Looking pretty good i must say. Get Saliba on the bench and ease him in during the season. Same with Maurice.

That team looks dreadful.

Anderson, Praet, Carrasco with Auba as a RWF and Kolasinac LB...

Jim-Carrey-Disgusting.gif

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
That team looks dreadful.

Anderson, Praet, Carrasco with Auba as a RWF and Kolasinac LB...

Jim-Carrey-Disgusting.gif

I think Andersen will be one of the next big CB's. Praet have always had the potential. i wrote Kolasinac/New because i couldn't come up with a name. Tierney?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin new CB Holding new lb
Alexis Torreira New CM Carrasco
Laca Auba

If we manage to get CB LB and mid in and deals for Carrasco and Alexis then this exciting team.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I would still rather they fork out more money and prioritize the position along with CB.

We don't have the money for a Zaha or whoever it seems. Not a matter of being tight (if you accept the concept of us being self sustaining)

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Leno
Bellerin new CB Holding new lb
Alexis Torreira New CM Carrasco
Laca Auba

If we manage to get CB LB and mid in and deals for Carrasco and Alexis then this exciting team.
Now that's not bad. Just depends on those three other signings. Don't know a CM we're linked with to fill that spot in that set up. Maybe just slot Guendouzi in?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Now that's not bad. Just depends on those three other signings. Don't know a CM we're linked with to fill that spot in that set up. Maybe just slot Guendouzi in?
Guendouzi is not box to box we looking for box to box type

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We had people like Santi, Nasri, Sanchez about. I don’t think Poldi, Giroud and Theo played that much together.

Auba and Laca are very limited footballers, and Carrasco is a flaky player. It’s a terrible trio.

I’ll allow you on the trolling comment.
There was a season where Podolski Giroud and Walcott were our front three.

If you find a way to accommodate Laca and Auba in the side, with a winger and a more involved midfielder then there’s nothing wrong with it. The problem right now is there’s no real system for getting the ball up to our strikers in the right way because we don’t have the personnel.

What’s wrong with Carrasco?? Before he left athletico he was hot property and gave a great performance in the CL final. I know he’s gone to China for a couple years but he’s 25 only and the ability is there. Who do you want realistically ...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Carrasco is talented, remember him ripping us apart with Monaco. Problem is his attitude and hunger, the guy stopped putting in any effort during the latter stages of his Atletico days.

You feel the management will have to do a lot to get something out of him. I don’t want another guy who is going to come here and take it easy.

Looking further there might be a cultural or environmental problem at Arsenal, players seem to come here and take their foot off the gas, they don’t kick on and improve anymore.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He hasn’t impressed whenever I have watched him for Belgium either.

It’s hard to get excited about him no matter what talent he might have hidden in him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Maguire, Chilwell, Ndiddi, Maddison, Vardy, maybe Tielmans etc. Will all start here.

That’s 6 players. God knows who else they’ll sign.

Ndidi isnt better than any of the Cms. All of cms can pass for starters.

Kola is levelss above Chillwell

Lacca and PEA are better than Vardy.

Maddison vs Praet is pretty close and I think with Praet more defensive contribution, pressing and work rate he is a better fit with Torreira and Xhaka.

Only two i agree with
Tielemans over Xhaka (both of whom I rate).

Maguire over our cbs.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think no problem with fee but he earning close to 200K without situation he'll need to get a pay cut
I think Witsel took a pay cut to join BvB and the fee was negligible. I think there's a chance we could tempt Carrasco to take a lower wage and his club to take a reasonable fee also given the situation.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
During Aubameyang's time in the Bundesliga, only Lewandowski had more headed goals. It's just that at Arsenal he doesn't have anyone who can cross the ball.

Defending and physicality is very different in England compared to Bundesliga due to the refereeing as well as other factors but being able to head or not is not Auba's problem. The real problem is he can't physically duel or go into duels and occupy defenders in the PL. He doesn't or can't get himself in a situation to win headers.

Its a physical and mental thing but then again in the PL winning physical battles is much more difficult from other leagues. Llorente said he couldn't cope with it well enough even though he is a target striker with a super strong body and a great header of the ball.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom