• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Özil was never a great attacking midfielder.
His fans assume he is very good in attacking. But he’s not. His problem was never his defending or physical attributes, it’s his ability to attack.
I‘ve never heard any other attacking midfielders being criticised on their defending.
Not iniesta, not modric, not silva.
So his problem is, his attacking ability.

His involvement in attack was always lacking. Other attacking midfielders actively help to open up space with dribbling skills, one-two passes and intelligent movement. In this regard, Özil was never a creative player.
But Özil likes to stay away from plays. He lets his teammates to open up space for him. Just wait, and wait, and wait...just wanting to make the final pass, making the assist. So we are always one man down in the build up plays.

The only great thing he can do is to pick a good pass. Just like walcott, he can only run quick. And that’s it.

How would you even know, you were still pissing in your diapers when Özil was WC.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
ok little business guy, Özil was asked to continue what he was doing for a further few years, and a contract was offered to him. He took it. He was not a new guy being hired. He was an old guy, who was about to leave and was offered a hefty salary to stay back.
I'm fairly sure they didn't offer him 350k, it's something that he asked for or he would've left. Gazidis and Wenger accepted the game that didn't really cost them anything because both have left. The problem they've created at the time was always going to be a problem of a new management.
Wenger basically pissed all over his great achievements with some of the deals he did in his last 2 years, and I honestly think he was lucky enough to be fired before he was able to see the results of what he has created, and that's including Özil. I've never had any respect for Gazidis and his work, so 350k deal with Özil was just one of the poor results that he had with us. So yeah, it makes it even worse that they knew what Özil brings to the table and they were still happy to offer. I would also say that they didn't really understand what type of personality Özil is. For me, it was kinda obvious that after he signs a new deal he would drop 2 levels

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
How would you even know, you were still pissing in your diapers when Özil was WC.
If true, that's actually a sad story for this club because we shouldn't be paying 350k now for someone who was WC when he was pissing in his diapers. I would expect that he still is a WC

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
If true, that's actually a sad story for this club because we shouldn't be paying 350k now for someone who was WC when he was pissing in his diapers. I would expect that he still is a WC

He’s a shadow of former self but he was world class back in the day. I was blown away by how he played in his Bremen days and the stuff he did for Germany and at Real at times.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I have never, in my life, read so much sh*t that seems to be genuinely serious. Possibly your worst post to date. This is waaaaaaaay off the mark.
Then point that out what you think is incorrect.

Özil doesn’t like to make through passes in the midfield area. He only make simple passes to the feet instead. He would only make great through passes once he reach the final third. So it’s hard for us to progress up the pitch when we are in possession. And also he never try to dribble past players like cazorla, iniesta, modric, silva did to open up more space for the team, or for himself to make a pass.

So in general, he likes to play safe before he reaches the final third. When he does reach the final third, he will still play safe, until he spot that perfect sweet moment, where nobody else sees, and try to execute that perfect final pass. This is his playing style, that’s why some people think his lazy, his job is just to get the assist but have nothing else to offer. I wouldn’t say he is lazy tho, but I hate that playing style.

Other world class attacking midfielders, will constantly help moving the ball up the pitch. Playing one twos, dribbling, making great through passes before even reaching the final third. They are always involving and helping the team.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
I have never, in my life, read so much sh*t that seems to be genuinely serious. Possibly your worst post to date. This is waaaaaaaay off the mark.
What he's saying about Özil's style of play is spot on though, he doesn't contribute to the build up play like most other modern attacking midfielders do which is where a lot of the criticism comes from. He does create space through his movement though I must add that.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He’s a shadow of former self but he was world class back in the day. I was blown away by how he played in his Bremen days and the stuff he did for Germany and at Real at times.

"At times" is the problem, isn't it? Özil is the exact same player for us as he has been for Madrid and Bremen, he plays a binder every now and then against not so good team. But when you are in a clutch game he is almost certain to be invisible. That is why Özil will never be as good a player as Cesc once was for us.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
I'm fairly sure they didn't offer him 350k, it's something that he asked for or he would've left. Gazidis and Wenger accepted the game that didn't really cost them anything because both have left. The problem they've created at the time was always going to be a problem of a new management.
Wenger basically pissed all over his great achievements with some of the deals he did in his last 2 years, and I honestly think he was lucky enough to be fired before he was able to see the results of what he has created, and that's including Özil. I've never had any respect for Gazidis and his work, so 350k deal with Özil was just one of the poor results that he had with us. So yeah, it makes it even worse that they knew what Özil brings to the table and they were still happy to offer. I would also say that they didn't really understand what type of personality Özil is. For me, it was kinda obvious that after he signs a new deal he would drop 2 levels

give it a rest. How is ozils fault that you think gazidis and wenger screwed up? please come back to the real world, where you are an angry poster, and not some tycoon who can stare at an employee and get him to reduce his salary.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
give it a rest. How is ozils fault that you think gazidis and wenger screwed up? please come back to the real world, where you are an angry poster, and not some tycoon who can stare at an employee and get him to reduce his salary.
I'm not blaming him really, the blame goes towards people that are no longer at the club

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What he's saying about Özil's style of play is spot on though, he doesn't contribute to the build up play like most other modern attacking midfielders do which is where a lot of the criticism comes from. He does create space through his movement though I must add that.
Thanks

Jae

Has he lost weight? Looks really skinny in all the promo pics for our new shirt, seems to be really baggy on him.

Divided_Pie

Özil was never a great attacking midfielder.
His fans assume he is very good in attacking. But he’s not. His problem was never his defending or physical attributes, it’s his ability to attack.
I‘ve never heard any other attacking midfielders being criticised on their defending.
Not iniesta, not modric, not silva.
So his problem is, his attacking ability.

His involvement in attack was always lacking. Other attacking midfielders actively help to open up space with dribbling skills, one-two passes and intelligent movement. In this regard, Özil was never a creative player.
He likes to stay away from plays. He lets his teammates to open up space for him. Just wait, and wait, and wait...just wanting to make the final pass, making the assist. So we are always one man down in the build up plays.

The only great thing he can do is to pick a good pass. Just like walcott, he can only run quick. And that’s it.
LOL, have you never seen Özil play apart from the past two years?

Never a great attacking midfielder? He was for years considered the among the best attacking midfielders in the world and the statistics (goals+assists) backed that up. Never a great goalscorer but for a long stretch arguably the best creator in the world.

His dribbling skills were good - not outstanding or great, but good.

His one-two passes have always been outstanding.

His movement in space has always been world-class; it's one of his best attributes.

He constantly drops between the lines to receive the ball, and often drops deeper to help the buildup when needed.

If you want to say he's not the player he was, he's a luxury player, etc., fine. But the the rubbish you've spewed here is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom