• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
if Özil is willing to take a pay cut to go to a club he doesn't fancy, why should he not take a pay cut to stay at Arsenal? I wonder if anyone has asked him to? that would test his loyalties

Presumably he would take the pay cut to ensure regular playing time elsewhere, but he's obviously not too fussed about that anymore. Regardless it wouldn't test a single thing we don't already know. The man threatened to run down his contract and leave on a free, took advantage of our other big player doing the same thing and forced a massive contract, so what loyalties were there to begin with? He is in no way giving up even a penny of his £350k regardless of whether he moves or stays. I don't blame him for any of it though because it was a genius move and our club, in hindsight, unfortunately made the wrong decision. Besides, the guy has it made here and still apparently has the backing of plenty of fans, so there is no reason to leave. At least he can still be useful in Europa and games against weak teams at home.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Where do we stop? Should we ask Mikhi to take a pay cut, he offers nothing? Ask Auba not to take his bonus because after all we won **** all? El Neny should take a pay cut and stay here? Mustafi?
You don't ask any of them to take a pay cut. None would agree anyway. No harm in asking though!

No, you just hope they've got a bit of self respect and leave if they're not getting games. Far lesser players than Mesut have gone elsewhere when they've not been playing as many games as they'd have liked.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
if Özil is willing to take a pay cut to go to a club he doesn't fancy, why should he not take a pay cut to stay at Arsenal? I wonder if anyone has asked him to? that would test his loyalties
Because no one wants him at Arsenal apart form one or two ****ing bellends.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There is something that bugs me with this story. I understand that nobody want's to buy him, but if we really don't need him (and I honestly think we don't), why can't we agree with him on mutual termination of his contract? Surely he would be in a better position to find a club that would take him on free and offer him good money.
My guess is, he enjoys playing here without any responsibilities. Arsenal fans are nothing like fans in Spain were they abuse players who underperform.
I think the only way to get rid of him is removing him from the team which could have an impact on his commercial income.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
why is Özil a problem. he does his job whenever called upon.

Pretty much saved emerys job in the mid season. We pay him the equivalent of doozi+mkhi wages...and if u consider doozi didnt have a single goal or assist all season, and mkhi also struggled to fit the genius formation/style/tactics ...it seems like more of a storm in a teacup.

the rabid mob surely isnt pretending that the management and rest of squad have covered themselves with glory and everyone is justifying their wages?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Pretty much saved emerys job in the mid season. We pay him the equivalent of doozi+mkhi wages...and if u consider doozi didnt have a single goal or assist all season, and mkhi also struggled to fit the genius formation/style/tactics ...it seems like more of a storm in a teacup.

the rabid mob surely isnt pretending that the management and rest of squad have covered themselves with glory and everyone is justifying their wages?

I would like to have some of your drugs, you are high as a kite.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Elneny is a player that comes in and does his job, Özil is a player who is paid to make the difference.
If I own a company of 10 engineers who are paid x amount per month and I hire a new guy for 4x, I definitely expect from that guy to lead a team and deliver high quality solutions to my problems. If you translate that to football, Özil is not a leader, match winner and doesn't bring anything special to the team, and by that, he should be on the x wage close to every other first team player.
Contributing 5-6 goals and 2-3 assists would place him somewhere below Iwobi.

Historically, only Henry in his prime was in a position to ask such a salary, and you don't want to go into a discussion of what Henry was contributing and what Özil does.

By going back to my own company example, if I take a new guy on 4x wages and my budget is gone, I'm in a real trouble if that guy doesn't perform to the highest level (plus other guys will start to ask more because they will feel underpaid compared to him), and that my friend is the core problem that we have with Özil and this team.

You obviously have no understanding of business principles or football in general, but just like many people here, you are happy to cry every day why we don't have a bigger budget.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do you think he's at the stage of his career where money's all that matters then? He's only 30.
I don’t know. What you do know is that this is his last big football contract and walking away from it, even to earn 200K a week elsewhere, is going to hit him for 5-10M.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Elneny is a player that comes in and does his job, Özil is a player who is paid to make the difference.
If I own a company of 10 engineers who are paid x amount per month and I hire a new guy for 4x, I definitely expect from that guy to lead a team and deliver high quality solutions to my problems. If you translate that to football, Özil is not a leader, match winner and doesn't bring anything special to the team, and by that, he should be on the x wage close to every other first team player.
Contributing 5-6 goals and 2-3 assists would place him somewhere below Iwobi.

Historically, only Henry in his prime was in a position to ask such a salary, and you don't want to go into a discussion of what Henry was contributing and what Özil does.

By going back to my own company example, if I take a new guy on 4x wages and my budget is gone, I'm in a real trouble if that guy doesn't perform to the highest level (plus other guys will start to ask more because they will feel underpaid compared to him), and that my friend is the core problem that we have with Özil and this team.

You obviously have no understanding of business principles or football in general, but just like many people here, you are happy to cry every day why we don't have a bigger budget.

ok little business guy, Özil was asked to continue what he was doing for a further few years, and a contract was offered to him. He took it. He was not a new guy being hired. He was an old guy, who was about to leave and was offered a hefty salary to stay back.

so kindly put that in your hat, and eat it.

He has continued to do what he did. Having a coach play 5 at the back, doozi in the middle and two strikers who cant hold up the ball upfront, is not his doing.

so, little business guy, if you cant understand what a contract is, let me tell you. You buy the contract out or sell the player. The player is under no obligation to do anything apart from playing. He does that and does it well.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
ok little business guy, Özil was asked to continue what he was doing for a further few years, and a contract was offered to him. He took it. He was not a new guy being hired. He was an old guy, who was about to leave and was offered a hefty salary to stay back.

He has continued to do what he did. Having a coach play 5 at the back, doozi in the middle and two strikers who cant hold up the ball upfront, is not his doing.

so, little business guy, if you cant understand what a contract is, let me tell you. You buy the contract out or sell the player. The player is under no obligation to do anything apart from playing. He does that and does it well.

5 at the back. Why wasn’t ronaldinho as **** as Özil? Stop making stupid excuses.
brazil_2002_world_cup_rivaldo_ronaldo_ronaldinho.jpg

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Never think he is that good of a player to be honest.
7 mins of highlights, most are very average stuff.
The only above average ones are 1:10, 2:43, 4:22, 5:20 and 6:03.
I just don’t get why people can make video like this and claim that he is world class.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Never think he is that good of a player to be honest.
7 mins of highlights, most are very average stuff.
The only above average ones are 1:10, 2:43, 4:22, 5:20 and 6:03.
I just don’t get why people can make video like this and claim that he is world class.
He’s never been that good or WC? You mean generally or just recently?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Özil was never a great attacking midfielder.
His fans assume he is very good in attacking. But he’s not. His problem was never his defending or physical attributes, it’s his ability to attack.
I‘ve never heard any other attacking midfielders being criticised on their defending.
Not iniesta, not modric, not silva.
So his problem is, his attacking ability.

His involvement in attack was always lacking. Other attacking midfielders actively help to open up space with dribbling skills, one-two passes and intelligent movement. In this regard, Özil was never a creative player.
He likes to stay away from plays. He lets his teammates to open up space for him. Just wait, and wait, and wait...just wanting to make the final pass, making the assist. So we are always one man down in the build up plays.

The only great thing he can do is to pick a good pass. Just like walcott, he can only run quick. And that’s it.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Özil was never a great attacking midfielder.
His fans assume he is very good in attacking. But he’s not. His problem was never his defending or physical attributes, it’s his ability to attack.
I‘ve never heard any other attacking midfielders being criticised on their defending.
Not iniesta, not modric, not silva.
So his problem is, his attacking ability.

His involvement in attack was always lacking. Other attacking midfielders actively help to open up space with dribbling skills, one-two passes and intelligent movement. In this regard, Özil was never a creative player.
But Özil likes to stay away from plays. He lets his teammates to open up space for him. Just wait, and wait, and wait...just wanting to make the final pass, making the assist. So we are always one man down in the build up plays.

I have never, in my life, read so much sh*t that seems to be genuinely serious. Possibly your worst post to date. This is waaaaaaaay off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom