• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I am not even sure in terms of value and influence to the team Özil is on the level of someone like Nasri..........
You're creating a straw man now. We need to strengthen whether we lose him or not. We're paying him 350k a week. If we get rid we need to adequately replace. Whether or not Özil is more influential than Nasri is completely irrelevant to the discussion...

scytheavatar

Established Member
You're creating a straw man now. We need to strengthen whether we lose him or not. We're paying him 350k a week. If we get rid we need to adequately replace. Whether or not Özil is more influential than Nasri is completely irrelevant to the discussion...

Strawman is pretending Özil is so good that he is irreplaceable. He is not that good.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fwiw I think he's declined but is nowhere near as bad as this season just gone.

At the very least he's a guy with elite final third decision making and passing. I would be interested in seeing what he could do when defences have to focus on doubling up on Zaha (which is why we need him so badly) and covering Auba's runs combined with the fact that he can't be that bad again.

Ultimately Emery and Özil just don't match up.

Jae

Nobody is pretending that. Yet another strawman you've just added.. The discussion is around whether or not the powers that be in the club will replace adequately.

To be fair mate on last season's form we wouldn't need to replace him, we could put Vic Akers in and he'd probably do the same job.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I don’t believe for a second Özil is in decline. Players look different in different systems. Sadly for us (and Mesut) we’ve got no wingers and a serial lack of runners in behind.

A big part of Özil’s game is picking out these players/runs. He’s not a player who’s gonna dribble past 3 or 4 defenders and take a shot at goal. He needs options when on the ball- that’s when he’s at his most potent.

Look at Kante for Chelski. Under Conte in his natural role of a midfield ball winner, he looked world class. Under Sarri he looked okay, but not the midfield monster a year prior or at Leicester.

The system isn’t suiting Özil atm but if we can get a couple of wingers in, Emery loves a 4-2-3-1, so we could yet see the best of him.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That bum Emery had 3rd place in his hands, but threw it away because he couldn’t get a win against relegation fodder opponents.

Then the bum got embarrassed in the EL final, his bum tactics again costing us a CL place.

Nothing to do with Özil,
And who get the team into a 3rd position, and who get them into EL final?

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
ideally should buy Neymar, now that he is on the market, and solve our winger problem. Good resale value too.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
That bum Emery had 3rd place in his hands, but threw it away because he couldn’t get a win against relegation fodder opponents.

Then the bum got embarrassed in the EL final, his bum tactics again costing us a CL place.

Nothing to do with Özil,

Yeah well the bum had it tough while he was replacing a bigger bum with an extremely bum squad full of buggers.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Are you kidding or seriously believe some of the stuff you say?
i seriously feel we should sell Auba/laca and buy Neymar ...with mkhi on one wing and Özil behind, interchanging.... whats there to lose...play Neymar for 2-3 yrs and then sell him on. Thats what a club with ambition would consider doing. Why can we not buy Neymar?

edit: at the very least maybe talk to PSG about a swap for Neymar with one of Özil / Laca / Auba

Iceman10

Established Member
i seriously feel we should sell Auba/laca and buy Neymar ...with mkhi on one wing and Özil behind, interchanging.... whats there to lose...play Neymar for 2-3 yrs and then sell him on. Thats what a club with ambition would consider doing. Why can we not buy Neymar?

edit: at the very least maybe talk to PSG about a swap for Neymar with one of Özil / Laca / Auba

"Hates Arsenal" probably was where you were serious.

OSBK

Established Member
Özil’s the wrong side of 30 and hasn’t managed a sustained run of good form since he signed his contract.

Guy’s on 350k a week, there is no way he’ll ever be able to justify those wages for us again.

He is 31, the wrong side of 30 is 39 lol. But yeah agree with the poat.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
"Hates Arsenal" probably was where you were serious.

.... some folks here didnt like me.....i didnt like some of the folks here who talked rot about Arsène..... there were some little tiffs.

this "hates arsenal" thing was written in to my avi by someone who runs this esteemed website forum.. it seems to be some puerile form of cyberbullying ....

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
.... some folks here didnt like me.....i didnt like some of the folks here who talked rot about Arsène..... there were some little tiffs.

this "hates arsenal" thing was written in to my avi by someone who runs this esteemed website forum.. it seems to be some puerile form of cyberbullying ....
Lad, you've turned it around emphatically. Congrats.

Iceman10

Established Member

Not sure if you were serious with your Neymar comments or not. Actually still not sure. Swapping players like that has no guarantees, except for maybe in fantasy football. Neymar isn't best suited to the PL anyway (physical demands), and that's before getting into any of the 'high maintenance' stuff. We'd still have to fork out a lot on top of any of the swaps you suggest, i.e. a non-starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom