• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,473,288

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Sevilla are in for him, but he turned them down. Dutch papers say it’s because Monchi left him hanging last season when he was in talks with AS Roma. Now that Monchi is at Sevilla he doesn’t want to talk with them. Ziyech is a very honest and a guy with principles. Now he wants to go to a club a level above Sevilla and AS Roma. That’s us, Dortmund, Arsenal. And the top 10 in europe naturally. And they are looking at other targets. Bayern is interested but they want him if they can’t get Sane or hudson odoi.
Is Ziyech really an alternative to signing a Zaha or Fraser for example? I feel like he has a different profile and we'd only sign him if we offloaded Özil or Mkhy given our somewhat tight budget.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So, going by the rumours, this could be our team:

Leno
Bellerin Kos ?(Not Saliba) Tierney
Lemina Xhaka
Özil Zaha
Auba Laca
Looks pretty decent but not really a fan of the front four in terms of balance. Could go with a 4231 and Auba wide but that's another stinker of a problem.

Whatever happened to that Espanyol CB? No idea who we are signing there. Our current options are all crap.

I don't think a Lemina and Xhaka partnership could work. We need a DCM to provide protection for the back 4 ( epesecially if we are to go with 4 at the at the back). Lamina is a defensive minded box to box whilst Xhaka is a deep lying playmaker. Torreira will have to start and the likes of Chambers and Bielik can provide cover for this role. Considering Xhaka appears to be a favourite of Emerys it looks like we will go with 3 man midfield of Torreira, Xhaka and Lamina (assuming we sign him).

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Is Ziyech really an alternative to signing a Zaha or Fraser for example? I feel like he has a different profile and we'd only sign him if we offloaded Özil or Mkhy given our somewhat tight budget.
I would say for us no. We really need a player that can play like a true winger. If you have two of those than you can replace one of those with Ziyech and add creativity to your team. Ajax best matches were with neres on one wing and ziyech on the other.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I don't think a Lemina and Xhaka partnership could work. We need a DCM to provide protection for the back 4 ( epesecially if we are to go with 4 at the at the back). Lamina is a defensive minded box to box whilst Xhaka is a deep lying playmaker. Torreira will have to start and the likes of Chambers and Bielik can provide cover for this role. Considering Xhaka appears to be a favourite of Emerys it looks like we will go with 3 man midfield of Torreira, Xhaka and Lamina (assuming we sign him).

Torreira won't be fresh otstart the season and will need more time to adjust I think.
I see Lemina (rumor)as a player to come straight in and allow Torreira time to get 100%. Once that happens, games will start coming thick and fast, 4 CM/DM's for 2 positions is minimum to have

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

I disagree, I think they could work very well together. Lemina is pretty good on the tackle, and a very good dribbler. Based on what we've seen with Xhaka and Torreira, who worked really good at times together I don't see why Lemina couldn't work with Xhaka.

I just made that team what could be our best based on paper. As I said, the front four is somewhat unbalanced, and don't thinking putting Torreira in instead of one of them makes it better, on paper at least. There will be games where we will need them all 3 in midfield, definitely.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Selling Elneny and buying Lemina probably wouldn't effect our budget too much this summer so I'm all for that. Its an upgrade on Elneny and we do need a more powerful midfielder which is what he offers.

Mustafi, Holding, Sokratis, Koscielny, Chambers, Mavropanos.
Xhaka, Torreira, Elneny, Willock, Guendouzi

11 players for 4 positions could be an issue. Elneny will likely leave but depending how we utilise Chambers surely he'll have to be sold for us to even consider Lemina.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I mean we couldn't have afford him anyway but would have been amazing signing.
We should be milking the ajax connection for all it’s worth, if Frenkie and De Ligt weren’t so good, they would have moved to Sp**s like Eriksen et al because we are sleeping at the wheel. I told you guys, nobody here in Holland dreams of United or Chelsea. Arsenal = football like the dutch want to play it, like Barcelona, like the great dutch national teams. Or it used to be under Wenger anyway, hope to god we don’t destroy this image. Why do you think I’m here, contrary to popular belief, it’s not because of Mesut ****ing Özil.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Wenger has created a dynasty that will last for decades to come. Leyenda.

Hope these players still think he's in charge. Otherwise they're in for a surprise Dracula appears and plays them at wingback.

A club seen as a stepping stope for the elite talents. What a dynasty that is. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom