• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People are really underestimating the talent level of reiss, he is elite.
What exactly do you mean by elite?

Mbappe is a year older than him and we all know what he was doing last year. Sancho is younger than him, Sterling was a year younger when he broke into the Liverpool team that almost won the title.

I really don’t understand this hype?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Elite ffs. We're just setting our youngsters up for failure, the expectations are just way too high. Most of them won't live up to the hype. Being brutally honest here, if any of them end up being where Iwobi is now they should consider themselves very fortunate. Iwobi is one of the best youth prospects we've had in about a decade and even then most people don't seem to rate so what does that say about all those throughout the years who were hyped but didn't make it?

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Mbappe is a year older than him and we all know what he was doing last year. Sancho is younger than him, Sterling was a year younger when he broke into the Liverpool team that almost won the title.

I guess they are talking about his potential rather than his current status.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Weirdly Palace don't seem to be making any moves in the market.

The market hasn’t given Palace a reason to spend. Keeping Zaha will be the number one target and Arsenal not making it hard for Parish to hold on to him. It’s a cliche but retaining Wilf in the coming season will be like a new signing. Any money spent imo will be on a decent CAM and likely close to deadline day.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
None of this means anything until the AFCON is over and Zaha gets back to London. He'll then meet with Palace and it goes from there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The market hasn’t given Palace a reason to spend. Keeping Zaha will be the number one target and Arsenal not making it hard for Parish to hold on to him. It’s a cliche but retaining Wilf in the coming season will be like a new signing. Any money spent imo will be on a decent CAM and likely close to deadline day.
You not going to sign a striker? Maybe few decent CB and RB?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Eh? You're gonna get left behind.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
I wish it were that easy. Lose Wilf and the picture changes completely. Would require a major overhaul and three in to replace him to start rebuilding.

Halcyon Daze

I wish it were that easy. Lose Wilf and the picture changes completely. Would require a major overhaul and three in to replace him to start rebuilding.

You’ll be OK, flush with c.£100m. There’s some rubbish in the league next season. Brighton due a relegation soon (stop smiling), possibly Burnley, Norwich will be rubbish etc.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
We can help you there...

I think we would only want what you wouldn’t let go. So if it does go to the wire and we don’t have time to go to the market, any deal may mean some painful concessions re player exchanges- and we are talking permanent with buy-backs rather than loans.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

Don't worry you will understand this season. Some players you can just tell they have that special something, reiss just hasn't been given the chance to Express his.

I felt the same way about Wilshere and Gnabry, whenever I see reiss play his touch his awareness, he's ready to have a break out season if the manager can place some faith in him and also if he keeps a level head works hard no reason he can be at the level of the aforementioned.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I guess they are talking about his potential rather than his current status.
Well yeah obviously but potential is something that is ‘converted’ into ability as a player matures.

I assume elite means the highest level of prospect? If so he’s already lagging behind some notable examples and it’s not like they’re going to stand still and wait for him. If Nelson is elite then what is Mbappe?

I believe in Reiss’s talent but it’s not everything.

Don't worry you will understand this season. Some players you can just tell they have that special something, reiss just hasn't been given the chance to Express his.

I felt the same way about Wilshere and Gnabry, whenever I see reiss play his touch his awareness, he's ready to have a break out season if the manager can place some faith in him and also if he keeps a level head works hard no reason he can be at the level of the aforementioned.
I hope so!

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Well yeah obviously but potential is something that is ‘converted’ into ability as a player matures.

I assume elite means the highest level of prospect? If so he’s already lagging behind some notable examples and it’s not like they’re going to stand still and wait for him. If Nelson is elite then what is Mbappe?

I believe in Reiss’s talent but it’s not everything.

Its unfair to compare him with Mbappe who is a phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom