Wilfried Zaha

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevius, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Aevius

Aevius Wenger's Booty Call Moderator

2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Please no.

krackpot likes this.
  3. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

We'd be doing very good business if we were able to swap Welbeck for Zaha as cover on the flanks.

Atleast when bringing Zaha on late in games there'd be a chance his ability on the ball could lead to a goal. Welbeck isnt starting quality and he is one of the worst to bring off the bench when needing a goal.

For 50m you're having a laugh, but I wouldnt be against it. We have nobody in the forward line or at fullback that can really dribble.

Camron likes this.
  4. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Type of signing that we need to be making imo. A talented youngster, with a few gears to go up in him.

Rygura likes this.
  5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Contrarian

He’s actually not. Don’t know why you’re saying this.

Flying Okapis, Trilly, Camron and 4 others like this.
  6. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Would be a great bench and rotational option. Not starting material, though. Would rather have him than say Walcott.

7. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

He suits Palace and the way they play.

He's the sort of guy you'd want to have on your team on FIFA 09.

Not sure how he'd cope at Arsenal.

BBF and American_Gooner like this.
  8. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

First choice addition for me. Ticks pretty much every box.

Good production, skillful, great physique, confident in his own ability, experience of the league, home grown & a ****ing gooner!

One I believe will step up another level similar to Mane at Liverpool. Most likely will be a great signing for Sp**s though.

Rygura, Troopz and Impact like this.
  9. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Criticism of Zaha is baseless. We have no first players that excel in one-on-one situations. His attributes have been missing from our first team for a very long time. He would not be my first choice but he is worthy of being on the list.

Think Mané is a very apt comparison, in that, I think he can make the step up to a better team than Palace and not that their playing styles are similar.

Trilly, Rygura, tcahill and 3 others like this.
  10. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

That strikes me as a somewhat prejudiced stance shared by quite a few people, often based on things like his hair or his facial expressions, or dare I say his race. People called Raheem Sterling brainless too.

He has a lot of the attributes that we're lacking. I'd prefer Mahrez personally, but I'd be open minded about Zaha.

11. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

I remember when you and I were championing this guy years ago before he signed for Man Utd as seemingly the only ones on here :lol:

Don't think he's top quality but he certainly possesses some attributes that are severely lacking in your current team. Unreal dribbler, can get by any FB in the world I think.

12. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He failed in big team so midtable it is his level. He your typical pacy skillful player but seriously lack intelligence

13. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

What does mean? Substantiate your point. Why does he 'seriously lack intelligence'?

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Decision making I meant so many in final third he make the wrong decision. He improved a lot this year but there are better players

15. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

We need a player who risks dribblings, can go past defenders.

We haven't a player like this.

Rygura, Camron and celestis like this.
  16. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

And he grew up an Arsenal fan.

Give them Walcott and Welbeck with 50 million pounds.

Edit: This was a tongue in cheek joke, by the way.

In saying that, though, I still wouldn't mind Zaha as a replacement for Walcott or Welbeck. Still feel he offers more (even though he didn't impress me that much yesterday, which says even more about Walcott and Welbeck).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  17. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

AFC turning into ManUre rejects XI

Sanis, al-Ustaadh and <<reed>> like this.
  18. Aevius

Aevius Wenger's Booty Call Moderator

Zaha really isn't that great. I've looked at some of his recent performances and he really doesn't look much better than he used to. His dribbling is honestly overrated; he often loses the ball and even when he does manage to hold on to it, he isn't very productive with it afterward. His technique isn't great, and I don't think he would suit us let alone manage to play consistently well at our level. At best I feel he could work in a heavily structured role, which just won't happen under Wenger.

Mahrez would be much better, he's a proper good dribbler and furthermore has good end product and technique. We should be all over him imo.

19. StefanB

StefanB Well-Known Member

Mahrez ****s on pretty much every other winger in the league. I'd love him on the right for us.

20. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

Somebody go buy this guy.