• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Sterling? Sancho? Dembele?

He's older, but there is a marginal conversation to be had in comparison to Sterling, as long as his recent shining through after a difficult period earlier on continues on, on an upwards trajectory.

Different players, different strengths though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think Palace will want Elneny. Giving him say a three year contract actually is a waste of any Zaha fee.

I’m not as negative as many on here, Zaha isn’t even back from AFCON yet. That’s when the fun will begin.

Iceman10

Established Member

It's from the Sun journalist. So not happening

Would be ok with Elneny and Jenkinson going the other way, but unless Chambers would be a loan, there is a risk of Crystal Palace getting him on the cheap in a part exchange compared with his true value. Anyway, I did read somewhere else earlier that Crystal Palace are going to dig their heels in and not be so welcoming to part-exchange, at least not until the whole thing plays out more.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think Palace will want Elneny. Giving him say a three year contract actually is a waste of any Zaha fee.

I’m not as negative as many on here, Zaha isn’t even back from AFCON yet. That’s when the fun will begin.
For now everybody guessing this deal on Zaha hands hope he make quick decision so both teams won't waste time waiting

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The market hasn’t given Palace a reason to spend. Keeping Zaha will be the number one target and Arsenal not making it hard for Parish to hold on to him. It’s a cliche but retaining Wilf in the coming season will be like a new signing. Any money spent imo will be on a decent CAM and likely close to deadline day.

The only problem you have is that you have promised him you wouldn't stand in his way when/if he wants to go. Now that is just a verbal agreement and is not legally binding, however as Palace and their fans are very quick to mention, you have a good 2 way relationship with him. You pride yourself with treating him with respect, care and adoration. He in turn seems to love playing for you and would only leave when he gets a challenge he can't turn down.

So when it comes down to setting his price. Zaha surely expects you to set a price that will be reasonable to you but same time one that is also gives him the chance to fulfil his ambitions.

I personally think his market value is 45-55M, but how important he is to you and your fear of relegation it might be understandable if you ask for 60-70M,

If you ask for anything more than that, aren't you worried Zaha might see that as a sly way to go back on your promise?

And if your unattainable selling price forces the move to collapse and Zaha stays, what happens to the relationship between your star player and the club? Were all the stuff said before all hollow words and when push came to shove you stitched him up?

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
For now everybody guessing this deal on Zaha hands hope he make quick decision so both teams won't waste time waiting

If Zaha was an Arnautovic or Neymar you might expect a player strike. But Zaha won’t want to risk his legacy by going out on a limb without Arsenal having first made an offer sufficient to put real pressure on Parish. With no other bidders lurking, Zaha would be making a big leap of faith in Arsenal coming up with the goods if he moves first.
No indications that Arsenal are willing to put a cash offer on the table good enough to allow Zaha to break cover.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Elite ffs. We're just setting our youngsters up for failure, the expectations are just way too high. Most of them won't live up to the hype. Being brutally honest here, if any of them end up being where Iwobi is now they should consider themselves very fortunate. Iwobi is one of the best youth prospects we've had in about a decade and even then most people don't seem to rate so what does that say about all those throughout the years who were hyped but didn't make it?

Yeah it's not doing them any good.. Nelson still has a lot of work to do, very passive and struggles to get involved in games(and it's not because his teammates refuse to pass to him). His end product has been a big plus though so he can definitely contribute next season, but the hype is going to have a lot of people who haven't seen much of him turn against him because he's not at that level they expected yet.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
The only problem you have is that you have promised him you wouldn't stand in his way when/if he wants to go. Now that is just a verbal agreement and is not legally binding, however as Palace and their fans are very quick to mention, you have a good 2 way relationship with him. You pride yourself with treating him with respect, care and adoration. He in turn seems to love playing for you and would only leave when he gets a challenge he can't turn down.

So when it comes down to setting his price. Zaha surely expects you to set a price that will be reasonable to you but same time one that is also gives him the chance to fulfil his ambitions.

I personally think his market value is 45-55M, but how important he is to you and your fear of relegation it might be understandable if you ask for 60-70M,

If you ask for anything more than that, aren't you worried Zaha might see that as a sly way to go back on your promise?

And if your unattainable selling price forces the move to collapse and Zaha stays, what happens to the relationship between your star player and the club? Were all the stuff said before all hollow words and when push came to shove you stitched him up?

If it all went pear-shaped might Wilf not be more annoyed with Arsenal for hanging him out to dry?
He more than anyone knows what he is worth to Palace, both financial and otherwise. There may not be a release fee agreed last year so Wilf must have confidence that Parish will play fair- as I believe he will. Turning down 40m is not being unfair. Let’s see what now goes on the table.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If it all went pear-shaped might Wilf not be more annoyed with Arsenal for hanging him out to dry?
He more than anyone knows what he is worth to Palace, both financial and otherwise. There may not be a release fee agreed last year so Wilf must have confidence that Parish will play fair- as I believe he will. Turning down 40m is not being unfair. Let’s see what now goes on the table.

You can turn down 40M, no one is surprised by that. I meant if you turn down 60M. It is all speculation but the latest is that sources close to Zaha have told Sky palace are demanding 100M.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Getting a kick out of the comment section of all the YouTube videos Arsenal has been posting recently.

Example:

"Don't forget everyone watch the full ad so they can afford Zaha and Tierney."
Stan be like:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom