• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's almost farcical.

Vieira was a good captain - except for the fact he flirted with Real Madrid every summer. We gave the captaincy to Henry, then Fabregas, then RVP and then Vermaelen to try to keep them at the club. Failed spectacularly.

It was then handed to the injured duo of Mertesacker and Arteta. This resulted in our club captain not having played a Premier League match for 3 years.

Now we have Koscielny who has thrown his toys out of the pram because we won't let him leave for nothing.

It's tainted. Just burn the armband immediately.

The armband is a poison chalice that ends the Arsenal career of whoever holds it. Give it to Mustafi!

carlito'sway

Established Member
He's been a good servant but if he's pushing for a free transfer, then he's out of order. He should have told the club he wanted out as soon as the season ended not at the start of our tour. The back line needs ripping up and if this forces our hand, then so be it. A one year deal in the PL vs a chance to return home on a three year deal. Not much of a contest there and testament to how far we have fallen when this type of player wants out.

Actually, it has been rumored that he asked to be released since the end of the season. if i recall, Orstein mentioned that as well.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Actually, it has been rumored that he asked to be released since the end of the season. if i recall, Orstein mentioned that as well.
Fair enough to ask but the club he wants to go to will have to pay. Alternatively, he could put his hand in his own pocket like Cesc did if he really wants to move. No harm in asking but very disappointing after almost a whole season injured during which we rightly stood by him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Fair enough to ask but the club he wants to go to will have to pay. Alternatively, he could put his hand in his own pocket like Cesc did if he really wants to move. No harm in asking but very disappointing after almost a whole season injured during which we rightly stood by him.

Not sure that Cesc "put his hand in his pocket though. I just remember that he did not get his transfer %.
Anyway, FWIW

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Btw, the honesty from the club is absolutely refreshing. Was so so sick of the BS we used to be served by Wenger and Gazidis, the fans were treated like a bunch of idiots.

Seen people on twitter actually criticise the club for telling the truth and not lying and making something up about an injury. The club deserves a lot of credit in this instance.

OSBK

Established Member
I have said the same as well. The guy didn't put a foot wrong the last 10 years and served the club admirably. Let him go.
Beyond that, what's the point of releasing this statement? That could not be handled internally? That is shambolic. This club is run like a clown show....SMH.
PS. May be unpopular opinion here, but that statement would have never have happened under Wenger.

Totally agree.

OSBK

Established Member
Btw, the honesty from the club is absolutely refreshing. Was so so sick of the BS we used to be served by Wenger and Gazidis, the fans were treated like a bunch of idiots.

Seen people on twitter actually criticise the club for telling the truth and not lying and making something up about an injury. The club deserves a lot of credit in this instance.

I do agree it is refreshing but the guy they are naming and shaming sat there proffesional through that period of bs. Im not condoning kos but the club shouldve handled this a million times better

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I do agree it is refreshing but the guy they are naming and shaming sat there proffesional through that period of bs. Im not condoning kos but the club shouldve handled this a million times better

Well refusing to go on the pre-season tour, as captain a may add, is not very professional. The club have handled this perfectly.

Iceman10

Established Member
He wants to go to Bordeaux? There isn't any CL football excuse in leaving for there. Does he not have confidence in his ability anymore that he just wants to make sure he plays every week?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Hoping they keep the same energy for Özil’s next mysterious back injury

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He wants to go to Bordeaux? There isn't any CL football excuse in leaving for there. Does he not have confidence in his ability anymore that he just wants to make sure he plays every week?
They're offering him a three year deal, the kind of security a 34 year old on his last legs would jump at.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

That's what I'm saying. Can't believe there are fans who prefer the old ways.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
They're offering him a three year deal, the kind of security a 34 year old on his last legs would jump at.
In a slower less physical league which will be good for his wrecked body

He played so many games for us that he shouldnt have played in a well run club with an adequate squad.

Hurting for years and always fighting

I dunno all The ins and outs but he has not failed us before, the board and management have done so for many years!

Sofar I stand behind Kos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom