• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
The club's obviously reluctant to let him go on a free because even at his age he's still the best option we have at the back until Holding us fit.

Says more about our finances and ambition than anything.

Club comes first and foremost so I would be glad for him to stay for another season. If we brought another experienced CB in then I'd be happy for him to ride off into the sunset.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Why don't you get all the facts before jumping to conclusion? We don't know what he has been told or promised. **** move is the club statement. Totally unnecessary.
My (and others) position is that the club can let him go since he is 34 yr old, has been a great servant of the club and has limited financial value anyway.

I'm sure you know how cash strapped we are plus the next guy to replace Kos is Mustafi. Do you seriously think the club would risk letting him go. Its not about getting a transfer fee for him, its more to do with the replacement options.

progman07

Established Member
Just a ****ing awkward situation with our Club preparing statements against our supposed captain, rather than calling him injured or whatever.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah. The Bastard Days are finally here, thanks to Raul, and I love it.

Sick of all our failures treating the club like **** for almost a decade and a half.
Oh yeah, so when the club’s a total bad ass and the results are no better than Wenger’s days . . then what have you got to love?

say yes

forum master baiter
Tough situation for the club tbh.

On the one hand you want to tell Koscielny to go **** himself; force him to train with the youth squad.

On the other hand there’s a real risk that, if we did that, he’d contaminate our academy prospects with his weak mentality. Maybe terminating his contract is the right thing after all?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Honestly staggered that anyone could be ok with our club captain refusing to turn up to work because the club won’t terminate his contract for free.

He’s supposed to be leading by example ffs.
We don’t know for sure if that’s the reason. I’m guessing your foreskin is leading you to that assumption.

ChefMan21

Two things about this annoy me.

A) Whatever the reason, why has the club gone so public about this, instead of trying to resolve it quietly. Don’t like the motive behind that.

B) This means Mustafi gets more game time. Noooooooooooooo!
When he doesn't get off the plane, questions are going to be asked. Get on the front foot ASAP.

carlito'sway

Established Member
When he doesn't get off the plane, questions are going to be asked. Get on the front foot ASAP.

So a club like Arsenal can not manage that situation? A simple answer, he is injured and stayed behind. That happens regularly with other clubs and is managed in house.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arsenal fans : why isnt Zaha pushing for transfer and making a fuzz? What a prick.

Also Arsenal fans : We want 2 M for our 33 broken CB. What a prick trying to force a free transfer.
This would only be a legit comparison if people were demanding Zaha to ask for a free transfer from Palace. People are willing to let Koscielny go but the club captain can't just go on strike.

This would only be a legit comparison if people were demanding Zaha to ask for a free transfer from Palace. People are willing to let Koscielny go but the club captain can't just go on strike.

Its legit comparision because Zaha is a 27 year old player in his prime and Koscielny is 33 year old broken past it CB. Would say its 50 M difference so its comes out at the same.

blaze_of_glory

Need more information on this. What was he told/promised? Why does he suddenly do this now? Not like him at all and I think there's a lot more going on that we don't know.

****ing ****ty situation though. Expect a lot better from Kos all things being equal, but they may not be.

9jagooner

I think rather than jump to conclusion, we need to wait for more information. Koscielny already mentioned some months back that he wanted to end his career in France. Did he discuss this with the club?

Irrespective, I think it's totally amateurish for Arsenal to come up with that headline statement. How many times have they invented so called injuries and back pains for players who refuse to play in the past? Why didn't they just do same now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom