• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Zaha should put transfer request here i know he loyal to Crystal Palace but seriously nobody gives a f**k about being loyal these day.

Iceman10

Established Member
Up the bid

In the end Palace will take players. Jenks + one or two loans. In that tweet we can see Palace (Uncle Woy) are getting edgy about time to replace Zaha. They'll take a headstart with players going the other way, and then they can look for 1-2 players on top of that.

Reactions: A_G

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Personally, I think the PL should implement a rule similar to La Liga where teams have to put a mandatory release clause into each players contract.

I understand as a selling club nobody wants to part with their prized assets but teams in the PL are becoming ridiculous imo. The Ramsey contract situation where he ran down his contract will become a common theme in the PL if something isn’t done.

The fees that are being quoted the likes of Maguire (80m) and Lewis Dunk (45m) are laughable. You can get the same quality in the other leagues for half or a third of that price.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Personally, I think the PL should implement a rule similar to La Liga where teams have to put a mandatory release clause into each players contract.

I understand as a selling club nobody wants to part with their prized assets but teams in the PL are becoming ridiculous imo. The Ramsey contract situation where he ran down his contract will become a common theme in the PL if something isn’t done.

The fees that are being quoted the likes of Maguire (80m) and Lewis Dunk (45m) are laughable. You can get the same quality in the other leagues for half or a third of that price.
Tbf i think the big clubs are trying to calm the market a little. Kyle Walker for 50m kicked off the recent price inflation.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
The thing is Parish is desperate to cash in, he knows Zaha's price is only going one way. Raul is testing his resolve, look at the awb deal. He was the selling club and got bent over by woodward of all people. Raul will make him crack if we really want to.

MUFC paid Palace a £50M world record fee on a player with just 12 month's first team experience. In that instance Parish was happy to cash in. I expect posters on AM were laughing at Woodward for being a mug.

Already, the MUFC fans are so blown away by AWB's pre-season that they are crowing that we got our pants pulled down.

Woodward appears to have called it right, but so did Palace. Both parties win.

Parish is not "desperate to cash in" on Zaha - why would he? Zaha is worth £100M for every year he stays as he more or less guarantees safety. Even if Zaha's value drops in 12 months, Parish will view the extra 12 months to plan for Zaha going next year to be money well-spent.

The only price Palace have put on Zaha in any official statement is £100M.

The £80M being mentioned in the press appears to be Parish's concession to Zaha not to stand in his way if a CL club came for him. A sort of unwritten release clause. Looks like that deal may be extended to Arsenal even though you are not a CL club, but don't think for one moment that anything less than £80M or "going to the wire to force a deal" or whatever tricks Raul has up his sleeve will "make Parish crack".

Parish's only obligation is to be fair to Zaha and take the £80M if offered. That's the figure which would have gone in a release clause, had Zaha sought to negotiate one last year.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

MUFC paid Palace a £50M world record fee on a player with just 12 month's first team experience. In that instance Parish was happy to cash in. I expect posters on AM were laughing at Woodward for being a mug.

Already, the MUFC fans are so blown away by AWB's pre-season that they are crowing that we got our pants pulled down.

Woodward appears to have called it right, but so did Palace. Both parties win.

Parish is not "desperate to cash in" on Zaha - why would he? Zaha is worth £100M for every year he stays as he more or less guarantees safety. Even if Zaha's value drops in 12 months, Parish will view the extra 12 months to plan for Zaha going next year to be money well-spent.

The only price Palace have put on Zaha in any official statement is £100M.

The £80M being mentioned in the press appears to be Parish's concession to Zaha not to stand in his way if a CL club came for him. A sort of unwritten release clause. Looks like that deal may be extended to Arsenal even though you are not a CL club, but don't think for one moment that anything less than £80M or "going to the wire to force a deal" or whatever tricks Raul has up his sleeve will "make Parish crack".

Parish's only obligation is to be fair to Zaha and take the £80M if offered. That's the figure which would have gone in a release clause, had Zaha sought to negotiate one last year.
He is not worth no where near what you value him at, your club know that too otherwise they wouldn't ask for the sell on clause to be removed. Nobody is paying it regardless, personally im not bothered eitherway if we sign him or not. As i have mentioned in a previous post we are not under any pressure to sign him.

Iceman10

Established Member
We're not being fair, Parish. Not from your viewpoint anyway. We've had this done to us in the past with Cesc to Barca, Raul Sanllehi being the 'bad guy' in that one also when he was at Barca. Fact is when we initially bid 40m Palace expressed disgust at the offer but they did not say it was so bad we should get lost and neither did they tell Zaha he was going nowhere. It is Palace who are leaving the door open, making their own calculations over player power, risks with depreciation, etc.

Just have to read between the lines of this. It is Palace telling both Arsenal and Zaha that they are open to something being worked out. "Running out of time" is different from "Arsenal should get lost and forget about it".

Underhill

Is it confirmed that United will get paid first (out of the up front money)? That seems absurd, and i don't blame CP for not wanting to sell.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
We're not being fair, Parish. Not from your viewpoint anyway. We've had this done to us in the past with Cesc to Barca, Raul Sanllehi being the 'bad guy' in that one also when he was at Barca. Fact is when we initially bid 40m Palace expressed disgust at the offer but they did not say it was so bad we should get lost and neither did they tell Zaha he was going nowhere. It is Palace who are leaving the door open, making their own calculations over player power, risks with depreciation, etc.

Just have to read between the lines of this. It is Palace telling both Arsenal and Zaha that they are open to something being worked out. "Running out of time" is different from "Arsenal should get lost and forget about it".

Paper and agent talk.

No direct quote from Hodgson or anyone from Palace and there won't be. Parish doesn't discuss transfers and he holds the high ground until Arsenal make a serious offer.

Open to Zaha to help Arsenal out by:
  • waive loyalty bonus;
  • waive any signing on fee and pay rise.
Open to Arsenal to help Zaha out by:
  • offering full £80M value;
  • offering player exchanges and loans attractive to Palace, not simply whatever you have surplus to requirements.
You and he won't do this so why waste more time. We're already past the time when a cash deal would work. Cash plus players is the only route now.

Iceman10

Established Member
Paper and agent talk.

No direct quote from Hodgson or anyone from Palace and there won't be. Parish doesn't discuss transfers and he holds the high ground until Arsenal make a serious offer.

Open to Zaha to help Arsenal out by:
  • waive loyalty bonus;
  • waive any signing on fee and pay rise.
Open to Arsenal to help Zaha out by:
  • offering full £80M value;
  • offering player exchanges and loans attractive to Palace, not simply whatever you have surplus to requirements.
You and he won't do this so why waste more time. We're already past the time when a cash deal would work. Cash plus players is the only route now.

We'll see. Boils down to your valuation at 80m, if I'm not mistaken, vs. 65m by myself.

Just trying to read between the lines. It is up to Palace at the end of the day, As stated by myself and some others, we like Palace & fans (Wrighty history, etc.), and we want something that can work out for Palace out of this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom