• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Emery is such a bad coach. We have way more quality than Sp**s, and we got a draw today despite Emery.

He is holding this team back.

How do we have way more quality? Eriksen, Son and Kane are absolutely exceptional players. Lamela is pretty talented and their CB pairing is pretty good. I know they're our rivals but let's be honest both teams are fairly evenly matched. The results over the past few seasons reflect that.

Under Wenger we drew with Sp**s plenty of times despite having prime Alexis and Özil playing with the likes of Cazorla, Ramsey and Koscielny in there too. That's when we had a better team than them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You’re looking for links that are not relevant.... Emery doesn’t manage the god damn game. Sp**s came here to counter, what the **** are you doing with three defensive midfielders. He just tried to do with Torreira what he did last year, use him as a pressing midfielder to force Sp**s into long balls. Anti-manager.
The manager has little influence on some of the mistakes like Sokratis on the first goal and then Xhaka's ridiculous challenge for the penalty. I do agree that he should have been more brave in his team selection in midfield, that is a worrying trend developing in home games. But like I told you before, once Mesut gets back to playing regularly it might be easier to go back to the 4-2-3-1 that worked well last season.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The manager has little influence on some of the mistakes like Sokratis on the first goal and then Xhaka's ridiculous challenge for the penalty. I do agree that he should have been more brave in his team selection in midfield, that is a worrying trend developing in home games. But like I told you before, once Mesut gets back to playing regularly it might be easier to go back to the 4-2-3-1 that worked well last season.
So when the **** do you sub Xhaka? After 1 penalty and 5 fouls in dangerous areas? 10 fouls? 15? Because the manager let him do it, kept him on when he had plenty of midfielders on the bench next to him, so that means he wants Xhaka to play like that?!

The manager has little influence on some of the mistakes like Sokratis on the first goal and then Xhaka's ridiculous challenge for the penalty.

This is actually what I tried to say in some games Wenger managed and players ****ed up but got ocean of posts saying something in this way "He signs them, he coach them and he picks them". In the end I stopped trying to argue it was player issues just as much as manager issues and started to just blame Wenger like everyone else did.

Took a whole season for Emery to finally drop Mustafi. Lets hope he learned his lessons and Xhaka will be dropped after the internationals break.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So when the **** do you sub Xhaka? After 1 penalty and 5 fouls in dangerous areas? 10 fouls? 15? Because the manager let him do it, kept him on when he had plenty of midfielders on the bench next to him, so that means he wants Xhaka to play like that?!
Why you asking me? I said I wanted Xhaka to come off at HT. If I had to guess maybe he thought changing 2/3 in midfield was too much, maybe he'll explain in the presser.

billyf

You shouldn't be so harsh on him. In the second half we played really well and we looked sharp in all areas of the pitch. We need to build on that second half and move on.

In my eyes, things started to seem less depressing than the first three games.

With everything said and done about Emery.

I still argue that he has been done no favors that our two CB signings for him has been Sokrashit and Brazilian Mustafi. But in the summer people actually wanted a attacker instead of a top quality CB. So guess we are all stuck in this mess together.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We had no like for like replacement for Xhaka. Neither Ceballos or Willock do the same role as what Xhaka does, they both are box-to-box/attack minded midfielders who like to support the attack. Xhaka sits in midfield and starts attacks. Besides after the penalty incident Xhaka was fine and I don't see how taking him off would've improve us in terms of building attacks.

razörist

Why you asking me? I said I wanted Xhaka to come off at HT. If I had to guess maybe he thought changing 2/3 in midfield was too much, maybe he'll explain in the presser.
Because you say he has little influence on mistakes yet Xhaka was allowed to foul and foul and foul time and time again putting us under pressure when another midfielder could have made a difference. Guendouzi won tons of challenges without fouling, it’s not that hard.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Our defence under Emey

swiss_cheese.jpg

You shouldn't be so harsh on him. In the second half we played really well and we looked sharp in all areas of the pitch. We need to build on that second half and move on.

In my eyes, things started to seem less depressing than the first three games.

I remember last season also being full of negative first halfs... This is a problem we haven't fixed and its still handicapping us in many games.

We need to start to play with identity and have a name to our game instead of always just react to what happens in first half with adjusting in second half. We are Arsenal and it is us who should start on the front foot IMO.

razörist

With everything said and done about Emery.

I still argue that he has been done no favors that our two CB signings for him has been Sokrashit and Brazilian Mustafi. But in the summer people actually wanted a attacker instead of a top quality CB. So guess we are all stuck in this mess together.
Yeah they are not good individually, and together even worse. **** sake we can’t catch a break. Can’t wait to have a settled defense only for Auba to age and decline and play with another Giroud at striker

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We can do better than Emery, Raul Sanllehi pulled Pepe out of nowhere, surely his contacts can find someone more suited to this club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom