• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Guendouzi exploded in the NLD like super saiyan 2 Gohan versus perfect Cell. Now let's hope he goes on and improve and not become like the older Gohan, who is a family man and abandoned fighting...

sorry, watched too much dragon ball super lately
Biggest dissapointment ever how Gohan turned out after the cell fight ffs, was my favorite... back me up here @Trilly

thierrytheking14

Pen stupid of him.

But how whiped have we become when a little foul is soooo negative?

Just means he is involved in more duels then precious golden boy...
When you're one nil down at home in the NLD and you give away a penalty like that...

You might think that's a 'little foul' but I personally think it's ridiculous mate.

Kingofthebongo

Pen stupid of him.

But how whiped have we become when a little foul is soooo negative?

Just means he is involved in more duels then precious golden boy...
What little foul? it was a scissor kick insanely stupid penalty that directly cost us points, again. Its actually comical how stupid and needless it was.

m-due

Ayyyy Matteo! Hopefully he continues his meteoric rise with big performances for Les Blues.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Earlier I heard here that Guendouzi can't attack, defend, bring the ball forward and is positionally ****. Poor man's Elneny was the comparison by arsenefc if I remember the person correctly.

Pretty good to be Man of the Match against Sp**s and get a call to French national team for a guy like that! It seems luck plays a bigger role than people think in football!

It's great that Emery trusted in him, so it's more probable he will renew under his wing. Get it done.

drippin

I'm just glad we finally have some representation in the France national team. We've spent too many years with second rate French players that can't even get a call up.

Don't you think choosing a guy who can't defend or attack proves Deschamps doesn't understand football and chooses players at random? ;)

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
man ..he had two DM behind him and 3 forwards in front ...was allowed to fanny about anywhere, against a tiring disjointed Sp**s team, at home. He got an assist to Auba who did quite a bit.

He has played one full season and is in his second. He has one assist and zero goals.

He cannot defend and when pushed up into AM during the last stage of the match, he looked like he was doing something. We got one goal in the second 45 min and drew the game. By pushing him up, we atleast stopped conceding.

We didnt win the match, inspite of his superman performance btw. He created 2 chances in the entire match and had two tackles.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He had a decent performance, his positioning is all over the place though. Great on the ball, but a liability when we're getting countered as he's never in the right place.
I found this to be massively improved against Spuds, didn't you? Been a real concern up till then.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
happy to be proved wrong if he turns out to be the next Vieira or Bergkamp ...but i stand by my earlier statement. We cede the midfield when he plays. Maybe AM is better position. The Banega position

he has improved his attacking game. There were some good moments and some shots on goal.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The last line of defense is my prediction:

We will be worse of playing without Xhaka, that was the case last year, and even with our Dani loan and emergence of Willock and the continued favoured of Guendozi doesnt change a thing imo.

The difference between me and the haterz thou is that I welcome being proved wrong if that means us winning more...

Worse off? Did you start supporting Arsenal in 2016?

We finished 4th, 3rd and 2nd in the 3 seasons preceding his arrival and had 19 consecutive seasons of CL football.

There is nothing anyone can prove to you about Xhaka that you won’t wilfully ignore.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I found this to be massively improved against Spuds, didn't you? Been a real concern up till then.

Not really no, he still leaves massive gaps in our midfield. Xhaka is too dumb and slow to cover him ad Torreira is a bit of a 'let me just run around and chase the ball with no plan' type of player. Our midfield doesn't have he quality or chemistry.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not really no, he still leaves massive gaps in our midfield. Xhaka is too dumb and slow to cover him ad Torreira is a bit of a 'let me just run around and chase the ball with no plan' type of player. Our midfield doesn't have he quality or chemistry.
We definitely lose our shape in the midfield more than anywhere else on the pitch. I personally felt Douzi had a better game in this regard but I'm not going to jump to the conclusion he has sorted it out until I see him consistently do it on a regular basis.

drippin

man ..he had two DM behind him and 3 forwards in front ...was allowed to fanny about anywhere, against a tiring disjointed Sp**s team, at home. He got an assist to Auba who did quite a bit.

He has played one full season and is in his second. He has one assist and zero goals.

He cannot defend and when pushed up into AM during the last stage of the match, he looked like he was doing something. We got one goal in the second 45 min and drew the game. By pushing him up, we atleast stopped conceding.

We didnt win the match, inspite of his superman performance btw. He created 2 chances in the entire match and had two tackles.

You can keep talking, we see you. And Guendouzi keeps proving you wrong. Stats prove he can defend and attack.

Btw, Ceballos came on for Torreira at 63 minutes, do you mean he was below Guendouzi in the formation? Both were pretty high up at times when we rumbled. He timed his recoveries very well so we could keep pushing time after time. His shot was also very good, but great save from Lloris with one hand.

And we lost mostly because of two amateurish mistakes by Sokratis & Xhaka. Although the first goal was more like the whole defence wanted to concede in unison.

Gotta love the picture here, Guendouzi doesn't even notice pissed off Alli. :rofl:

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Scary player. Had a huge dip in form past season...expected of 19 years old. Lets hope he can stay consistent and conti ue to elevate his game.

Looks like a future captain

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If this kid was playing for Liverpool or City he'd be worth 50M and have every media outlet licking his arse.

He's immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom