• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
How did all ya'll Guendozi hypetrain conductors treat Ramsey? I stand alone as Always...

I see the same faults in Guendozi as with Ramsey, but where is the criticizm?

Granted I defended Ramsey but we did see more end product.
I rather see runs without the ball,
They accomplish the opposite what runs with the ball do imo.

Runs without the ball draws teams out.
Runs with the ball crowds areas and allows opponents to re-organize.

I thought Ramsey is a extremely overrated but I am fully board on the Gunedouzi hype train. Gunedouzi lacked consistency last season but in the under 21s in the summer and hiperformances in the past few matches has merited a call up to national train.

Gunedouzi defensive positional awareness appears to be much better than Ramsey. As well as Geundouzi eye to pick out a great pass between the lines.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I thought Ramsey is a extremely overrated but I am fully board on the Gunedouzi hype train. Gunedouzi lacked consistency last season but in the under 21s in the summer and his in the past few matches has merited a call up to national train.

Gunedouzi defensive positional awareness appears to be much better than Ramsey. As well as Geundouzi eye to pick out a great pass between the lines.

I do Love me some Ramsey but defensivly/positionally he wasnt there. Because he had run forward

Guendozi is in the wrong position, wrong side of his mark, wrong lane.

blaze_of_glory

Guendo's biggest weakness at the moment is defensive awareness and positioning. Everything else is looking very good, but he need to come a long ways before he can be trusted in the deeper role imo.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Guendo's biggest weakness at the moment is defensive awareness and positioning. Everything else is looking very good, but he need to come a long ways before he can be trusted in the deeper role imo.
Would have trusted him in there over Xhaka yesterday ffs.

blaze_of_glory

Would have trusted him in there over Xhaka yesterday ffs.
Don't see why, he's been exposed just about every time he's been played deeper. Guendouzi is able to play way more effectively when he's allowed to carry the ball through the midfield and then pick a pass into the new spaces his dribbling has opened up. He can't do that as the deep player, it's too risky. Plus he allows players to get on his blindside too easily from what I've seen.

razörist

Don't see why, he's been exposed just about every time he's been played deeper. Guendouzi is able to play way more effectively when he's allowed to carry the ball through the midfield and then pick a pass into the new spaces his dribbling has opened up. He can't do that as the deep player, it's too risky. Plus he allows players to get on his blindside too easily from what I've seen.
So let him play as the guy just forward of the deepest one? You’re the one who brought it up, sheesh. Matteo isn’t even used like that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Guendouzi literally benefits from having someone like Xhaka sitting deeper. I'm not sure how people don't see that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His flaws affects us now thou imo, he especially makes everything harder for Xhaka now!
And would make it harder for Torreira, Willock or anyone

giphy.gif

razörist

I dunno! I thought you were saying he should be playing as the deepest midfielder. I guess I misunderstood.
You said he has to come a long way before we can trust him in the deeper role. I’m saying he can’t be worse than Xhaka. But naturally I’m happy with him in his current role.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So Guendouzi is now the Ramsey that made Xhaka **** 2 years ago.

:rofl:

Players out of position compromisses others, do you disagree?

Even the haterz agree that Xhaka was better last season whtn Torreira was playing deep and in form.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Players out of position compromisses others, do you disagree?

Even the haterz agree that Xhaka was better last season whtn Torreira was playing deep and in form.
This is always the last line of defence it’s a piss poor one. AM never let’s me down :lol:

Smail

Guendouzi exploded in the NLD like super saiyan 2 Gohan versus perfect Cell. Now let's hope he goes on and improve and not become like the older Gohan, who is a family man and abandoned fighting...

sorry, watched too much dragon ball super lately

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
This is always the last line of defence it’s a piss poor one. AM never let’s me down :lol:

The last line of defense is my prediction:

We will be worse of playing without Xhaka, that was the case last year, and even with our Dani loan and emergence of Willock and the continued favoured of Guendozi doesnt change a thing imo.

The difference between me and the haterz thou is that I welcome being proved wrong if that means us winning more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom