• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
It's like as if the ball gets stuck under his feet all the time like it did in the penalty box yesterday. He is garbage & I've said it too many times already. Emery has done nothing convincing this season & his love for Xhaka will be the thing that gets him the sack

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
I don’t think he was that bad yesterday but that (ridiculously stupid) foul against Sp**s has lost him the Emirates crowd. Very rare to hear one of our own jeered like that.

Not going to help his case that Willock and Torreira massively improved our midfield in his (and it has to be said, Ceballos’s) absence.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Only thing he has going for him is his age (eXpErIeNCe) and having the key to the house when he was a kid. He is just not good enough for the vital position that he occupies.

Emery seems scared to play a midfield of 20, 22, 23 but it's the only thing that will move us forward.

I want to see a pairing of Torreira and Guendouzi in front of our back four, with one of Ceballos/Willock in front of them.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I don’t think he was that bad yesterday but that (ridiculously stupid) foul against Sp**s has lost him the Emirates crowd. Very rare to hear one of our own jeered like that.

Not going to help his case that Willock and Torreira massively improved our midfield in his (and it has to be said, Ceballos’s) absence.

He got the ball caught under his feet at two vital moments yesterday. One moment in the villa area and then another when we trying to spring a quick break. He was really poor.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Absolute garbage. The fact this joke is our captain speaks volumes as to the calibre of the manager as well. I am tired of it. I have given both a chance and I can't any longer.

He's not our captain officially and it would be a grave mistake making him captain given that the Emirates crowd have completely lost faith in him. That's point of no return stuff.

Fallout

Ceballos an the elephant in the room at present, but let's give him more time.
i feel for him though. the further you go up the pitch, the more comfortable you have to be receiving the ball with your back to the goal. it's clear to me that ceballos is significantly better facing the goal, whereas someone like Özil has the vision and the experience to make things happen in any situation.

in fact my biggest problem with emery's diamond, in addition to the gaping holes when defending wide areas, was that our outside CMs would routinely receive the ball with their back to goal -- inside our own half! recipe for disaster.

blaze_of_glory

He's not our captain officially and it would be a grave mistake making him captain given that the Emirates crowd have completely lost faith in him. That's point of no return stuff.
I'm pretty sure that's the reason he's not been named. Emery knows it would just cause more problems at this stage, especially if he does end up getting replaced as a starter. Can't be having the captain on the bench all the time again.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm pretty sure that's the reason he's not been named. Emery knows it would just cause more problems at this stage, especially if he does end up getting replaced as a starter. Can't be having the captain on the bench all the time again.
If Emery truly believes that Xhaka is the captain then he needs to do a better job of protecting his players. When the fans became restless with Ramsey, Iwobi and Walcott, Wenger was smart enough to bench those players and then gradually bring them into the first team when the morale was better. In general football fans are fickle and can forget the bad as long as there is a lot of good coming but with Xhaka when will that good come. That bum Emery will play Xhaka knowing full well the fans are done with him. There is a clear agenda, most of it justified and some unfair. Thing is, Xhaka was alright against Frankfurt but no one spoke about it because no one wants to support Xhaka because in some ways that shows support for Emery and his decisions.

I didn’t even think he was that bad yesterday, I was fairly confused as to why he was getting so much hate on the Internet, he plays like this nearly every week. Lots of long range passes that sometimes work but mostly get intercepted, late tackles, silly yellow card, slowing down play etc. What people are annoyed is the persistence Emery shows for this guy when we clearly have more better suited players for the football he wants to implement. Xhaka is the embodiment of Arsenal at it’s worse

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Hopeful that all the Emery comments are his usual not wanting to publicly criticize players and not Xhaka actually being a central player for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom