• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

According to Opta, since his Arsenal debut in 2016 Xhaka is top of the Premier League charts for errors leading to goals, top on penalties conceded and third for errors leading to shots. The weight of this flaw in his game undermines all the things he does well. That was in the athletic article and pretty damning on him

He has been and would be a top performer in a team with structure, thats what emery wants us to be n probs why he likes xhaka so much, however emery hasnt made us into a structured team, quite the opposite in fact and xhaka needs dropping for that reason

Ewarwoowar

He's got a lot of passion for the club and the game, always works his socks off, just unfortunate that his errors always seem to cost us.

Him being booed will have affected him deeply.

Pepes blue pill

South Africa is where I am. But most of Africa work in this fashion.
Class was suppose to be our thing as a club. Faded dismally in the last decade though.

That went out the window at the very top ages ago im afraid players get booed all the time, nothing much to see really

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What image, our fans dont have an image to ruin
Nonsense , bigger clubs than us regularly boo or complain about their players. Maybe, if Emery doesn’t get why the fans don’t rate Xhaka, then the fans will surely tell him why.

If you go to a show and that artist barely gives you your money’s worth, you are within your right to boo or complain. Xhaka is supposedly a model professional and the captain of both club and his home country. He, of all people, should know to give the fans what they expect. I’m not dumb, I know we won’t every game but I expect the players to be competent at their jobs which Xhaka hasn’t shown this season. Booing is a part of the footballing culture, it is not nice to witness but it’s what people have been doing for years.

Pepes blue pill

Nonsense , bigger clubs than us regularly boo or complain about their players. Maybe, if Emery doesn’t get why the fans don’t rate Xhaka, then the fans will surely tell him why.

If you go to a show and that artist barely gives you your money’s worth, you are within your right to boo or complain. Xhaka is supposedly a model professional and the captain of both club and his home country. He, of all people, should know to give the fans what they expect. I’m not dumb, I know we won’t every game but I expect the players to be competent at their jobs which Xhaka hasn’t shown this season. Booing is a part of the footballing culture, it is not nice to witness but it’s what people have been doing for years.

Calm down snowflake

I was saying there was nothing to see here n booing happens all the time

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
South Africa is where I am. But most of Africa work in this fashion.
Class was suppose to be our thing as a club. Faded dismally in the last decade though.
I too didn't know our fans had an image! If you asked most oppo fans over here what a typical Arsenal fan would look or act like, they'd say 'a middle class person'. Not every fan in the stadium is middle class, though. It'd be naive to think just because the club has a prestigious, stiff upper lip, typical English gentlemen image, that the fans would all attempt to follow suit! If you mean the club's image has fallen away in the last ten years, I still wouldn't really know how that may have happened. Booing a player shouldn't change anything.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah I dont like it but can kinda understand it, its annoying as hell to see a player **** up a lot but always play, no questions asked, think it was a message to emery more than xhaka
I agree with you. It was an indirect message to Emery. The frustration is not with Xhaka. It's with Emery who seem to pick Xhaka despite his bad form.

If Emery doesn't get the message, the fans might just turn on him, similar to how united fans turned on Moyes when a continued to pick Cleverley for every single game.

I would never boo my own player. I think boos should be directed at the man at the big seat

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I too didn't know our fans had an image! If you asked most oppo fans over here what a typical Arsenal fan would look or act like, they'd say 'a middle class person'. Not every fan in the stadium is middle class, though. It'd be naive to think just because the club has a prestigious, stiff upper lip, typical English gentlemen image, that the fans would all attempt to follow suit! If you mean the club's image has fallen away in the last ten years, I still wouldn't really know how that may have happened. Booing a player shouldn't change anything.
I don't think it's Arsenal, it's football in general i suppose. I can't pinpoint it, I'd need to think about it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I saw somewhere that xhaka is responsible for dishing out fines to players. Please, how true it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom