• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
As soon as i saw him with Raul last week it was obvoius. Maybe 2+2 and getting 5 going on here, im not sure. In reality it makes sense for Jose, back in London with a director of football and a decent squad with an ok budget.

Yeah, there was no other reason for him to be watching us play while sitting next to Raul. People say he was eyeing up players but he doesn't need Raul next to him for that. They probably had dinner after too to discuss the finer points.

Hjalmaar

Have we really come to the point we're many of us is actually for appointing Jose ****ing Mourinho as a manager of Arsenal Football club? **** me. I'd rather even Rodgers.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
As soon as i saw him with Raul last week it was obvoius. Maybe 2+2 and getting 5 going on here, im not sure. In reality it makes sense for Jose, back in London with a director of football and a decent squad with an ok budget.
wasn't Henry around at the same time as Josh a day later? we know Josh fancies Henry in a management role, so assistant to Mourinho perhaps?

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think Jose was a bit unlucky in the CL at Real. In 2011 he ran into an amazing Barca team in the semi-finals and in 2013 they missed so many chances against Dortmund at home when they only needed one more goal to go through. Things like this:

The only really bad one was 2012, when they were 2-0 up at home to Bayern and in control of the game when he decided to go defensive. They let Bayern back into it and eventually lost on penalties. That's the kind of performance that probably gets him the most criticism.

Yeah,think that Real was in bad period before him.They didn't play well in CL and had some failures with managers.Still,they probably expect from him to win it CL,because he did that with Inter and Porto.

Think that they were closer in 2012,when they won La Liga and lost to Bayern on penalties.Also,they conceded goal in last minute in Munich.Against Barca and Dortmund they were second best imo.

Reactions: A_G

GDeep™

League is very weak
At the end of that day, Raul, Josh, Edu will do what they think is best, and I think a name like Jose Mourinho will be a big pull for them.

What fans think is neither here or there. We accepted a bum like Emery didn’t we? A man who didn’t win an away game with Sevilla, dumped from PSG, dumped from his Russian club, couldn’t get clubs out of CL groups, had a reputation for being weak and for indecisiveness.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Inter were the best team in Italy when he took over, did take him up a level though, thanks in no small part to Pep giving him £50 million plus Eto’o for Zlatan :lol:

Was great at Chelsea and Madrid, but they have way bigger budgets than us so you can’t compare...he flopped at United considering how much he spent, did win some cups though.

He might get top four this year depending when he comes in, but he would want loads of money to improve our decent but not great team...and when he doesn’t get it, he could throw one of his trademark fits as early as next summer, think we would be a bad match together.

They were the best in Seria A,but didn't do a lot in CL.That was kinda surprise when they won CL in 2010 and reckon that they were about 5-6 teams that were better in those times.

He isn't good like in those days,but probably better than Emery.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I don't see any rumours anywhere. Emery will stick it out won't he? Ffs.
No rumours? A journalist from one of the most reliable outlets in Spain, who've interviewed Mourinho several times say he's interested in the job.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Jose comes to Arsenal he’ll know we aren’t a club where he can demand 100M to sign a CB. Clubs have a culture, this is not our culture.

We are not spending 80M here, 100M there, and another 50/60M elsewhere etc. This is not Arsenal.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
If Jose comes to Arsenal he’ll know we aren’t a club where he can demand 100M to sign a CB. Clubs have a culture, this is not our culture.

We are not spending 80M here, 100M there, and another 50/60M elsewhere etc. This is not Arsenal.

We have to adapt.Gone are days when you could buy quality players for 10 m.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t know what fans want? All managers are a risk unless you hire Klopp or Pep.

You don’t want Arteta, young with exciting ideas, on the other side of the scale you don’t want the guy who is the experienced winner, less exciting more bread and butter.

In the middle you have guys like Rodgers, who for me haven’t shown enough to not be considered a big risk - the guy got removed from Liverpool and Klopp came in and made them a big club.

Ancelloti and Pellegrini are treading water dinosaurs. Tuchel won’t leave PSG.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
They were the best in Seria A,but didn't do a lot in CL.That was kinda surprise when they won CL in 2010 and reckon that they were about 5-6 teams that were better in those times.

He isn't good like in those days,but probably better than Emery.

Would have Inter 09-10 as one of the best teams that year, they had a bit of everything that Mourinho wants for his team.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don’t know what fans want? All managers are a risk unless you hire Klopp or Pep.

You don’t want Arteta, young with exciting ideas, on the other side of the scale you don’t want the guy who is the experienced winner, less exciting more bread and butter.

In the middle you have guys like Rodgers, who for me haven’t shown enough to not be considered a big risk - the guy got removed from Liverpool and Klopp came in and made them a big club.

Ancelloti and Pellegrini are treading water dinosaurs. Tuchel won’t leave PSG.
Even pep and klopp are a risk,. Not like Pep is used to having only 50m to spend...

GDeep™

League is very weak
You have to trust the “new structure”. Raul came here because he was some big time European mover and shaker? Someone like Edu is close to the playing squad.

If they both feel a Mourinho is what is needed, then you trust the process.

Emery is lost at sea atm, can’t have another man come in and drown at Arsenal, and that could easily happen, something is clearly wrong somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom